The Trio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    This is why I think they Ollie and co should be looking to see if Washington could do a job there he's a decent enough footballer but just not a striker given a deeper role he would have that extra second or two instead of snatching at chances like heroes or over playing the the ball
    But surely that's the square pegs round hole scenario that so many abuse the manager for
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      But surely that's the square pegs round hole scenario that so many abuse the manager for
      They could look at him in the under 23 games was trever Brooking a square peg in a round hole ex striker converted to m/f , labels if they were stuck to to pmany footballers would just be failed stickers or what ever
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 19-12-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Nasser I have to disagree. Every decent side has goals from all over the team. You can’t just say no need if strikers perform that’s pretty short sighted mindset

Yes we want strikers to take the bulk of burden but I would also want 15 goals a season chipped in from midfielders combined

Not after a row just my opinion
        Agree tis very true

Comment

If we played with wingers we would not have a problem with our strikers or midfielders scoring. Wingers are able to split defences better then wing backs and in return gives us more chances to score (Washy needs more chances then most !)

Comment

If you have wingers and strikers scoring, midfield goalscorers become less and less necessary. Man Utd last won the league with their best scoring midfielder being Shinji Kagawa with 6 goals, nothing.

Season before that, they had a total of 11 goals from positions that weren't striker or winger (that includes CB's too). Scholes was their top scoring non striker/winger in the league with only 4 goals.

Yes, there are teams who have goals from midfield, frank lampard and gerrard obviously spring to mind, but every single year since we've lost Charlie, we've had the same things brought up that "oh we need goalscoring midfielders". No, we don't, we need goalscoring strikers. We'd like goalscoring midfielders, but we NEED goalscoring strikers.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

So you suggest need for goal scoring wingers but not midfielders??? I’m baffled

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                If you have wingers and strikers scoring, midfield goalscorers become less and less necessary.
                Conveniently casting wingers as forwards !

I bet Man City were glad of the unnecessary goals of David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and at home to West Ham.....

The undeniable FACT of it is that the more players that can chip in with goals, the better the team is.

Comment

I think nassers views are slightly blinkered here as it’s his favourite player Luongo who is not chipping in enough.

All successful sides have 1 or 2 midfielders scoring nigh on double figures but we don’t have anything near that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Conveniently casting wingers as forwards !

I bet Man City were glad of the unnecessary goals of David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and at home to West Ham.....

The undeniable FACT of it is that the more players that can chip in with goals, the better the team is.
                    Conveniently? When have wingers not been considered attackers? There are teams who play with goalscoring midfielders and there are teams who don't need it. We need to get priorities straight and focus on goalscoring strikers and wingers aka the attacking players. If we then look at getting goalscoring midfielders when we have more money, fine. But don't be ridiculous in saying that the more people who chip in the better is the only logical motto, when in fact you need a striker who chips in with goals before you spend any time looking at "more players" to do it.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                      I think nassers views are slightly blinkered here as it’s his favourite player Luongo who is not chipping in enough.

All successful sides have 1 or 2 midfielders scoring nigh on double figures but we don’t have anything near that.
                      I've given examples of successful sides without midfielders scoring near double figures... but lets just ignore the facts...

Comment

Free scoring wingbacks is what we need....

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Nasser I have to disagree. Every decent side has goals from all over the team. You can’t just say no need if strikers perform that’s pretty short sighted mindset

Yes we want strikers to take the bulk of burden but I would also want 15 goals a season chipped in from midfielders combined

Not after a row just my opinion
                          Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          One or two midfielders in a team have got to the have the ability to score. What if the strikers goes on a patch witout scoring. All strikers do, mind you.
                          I agree with you both.

Comment

Our midfield is held up to be the excellence in our team. They've done phook all. Best tackler? Best assists? Best moustache? They're hucking ineffective wtankers who contribute to delusions of mediocrity.

Comment

Conveniently? When have wingers not been considered attackers? There are teams who play with goalscoring midfielders and there are teams who don't need it. .
                              I don't know any team in the world who doesn't need goalscoring midfielders.

As for "wingers" being midfielders, I suppose it depends on the formation. I've heard Pires and Ljungberg called wingers but in reality they are left/right sided or wide midfielders in the formation the invincibles used (4-4-1-1).

Comment

But don't be ridiculous in saying that the more people who chip in the better is the only logical motto, when in fact you need a striker who chips in with goals before you spend any time looking at "more players" to do it.
                                I said a good team has goals coming from all areas.

How does a team with one striker scoring goals do when the opposition mark him out of the game ?

Comment

Working...
                                X