• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many points are we off from the playoffs lads
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      How many points are we off from the playoffs lads
      Don't ask how many points, ask how many Birminghams.

Comment

England closer to the crims innings score than we are the playoffs
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Had we lost I think holloway was gone ,but this unlikely win will keep him safe for another few weeks but if Holloway stays we will be involved in a nail biting relegation battle finish,that's pretty certain

Comment

Good to see people not getting carried away,we narrowly beat the bottom team with a late goal to win our 1st away game in 12 months under Holloway, this is nothing to be dancing in the streets about,but a very very rare win is still better than another loss,so for once on a sat night we can enjoy our pints

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              if Holloway stays we will be involved in a nail biting relegation battle finish
              Rebel, I think it's safe to say we all know your position by now. Really no need to repeat it for the umpteenth time!!

#BrokenRecord!

Comment

Good to see people not getting carried away,we narrowly beat the bottom team with a late goal to win our 1st away game in 12 months under Holloway, this is nothing to be dancing in the streets about,but a very very rare win is still better than another loss,so for once on a sat night we can enjoy our pints
                for #### s sake , i `m breaking and shaking ,put down me cardboard , boom ,ulramagnetic sutton breakers, we are ..............jam on it tonight !!!
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I'm pretty sure Feb to Dec isn't 12 months. However poor our away record is don't make it even worse Rebs!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Rebel, I think it's safe to say we all know your position by now. Really no need to repeat it for the umpteenth time!!

#BrokenRecord!
                    Beat me to it Stan, although I believe there may be one thread on the first 2 pages where he hasn't mentioned this
                    Vesps, you better not be dancing in the streets
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

We won guys let’s enjoy it. I’m sure there will be plenty other opportunities to discuss the managers strengths and shortcomings but not on yesterday’s result. Not much has changed other then chalking up an away win but they have been few and far between so debating manager, for me personally, can wait a few days

Birmingham are in the poo they have more to worry about then us

Comment

Yep the manager leaves a lot to be desired mainly sticking to formations the players aren't capable of playing but he is only part of the problem let's be frankly honest going into the season with Smith Mackie Washington as our attacking force was and is embarrassing to say the least , is syla the man not imo but he definitely deserves more playing time but be fair he's not the man to carry us to play off contention without back up is he ?
                        Under ###'s Ramsey was the man to replace H R and save us from relegation , then Ramsey was the the man to lead us to championship stability , then JFH was going to turn things around , now we have Holloway blindly sicking to formations that only he can see as a way to take to take us to mid table while being handicapped by a blunt attack and ( Not my fault ### ) sits back comfortable that that we will heap it all on the obvious target the manager , yesterday while being a gratefully received 3 points was really papering over the cracks a 0_1 Wasn't nothing to shout about with the amount of control we had
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 17-12-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Don't ask how many points, ask how many Birminghams.
                          Hahaahaha
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Yep the manager leaves a lot to be desired mainly sticking to formations the players aren't capable of playing but he is only part of the problem let's be frankly honest going into the season with Smith Mackie Washington as our attacking force was and is embarrassing to say the least , is syla the man not imo but he definitely deserves more playing time but be fair he's not the man to carry us to play off contention without back up is he ?
                            Under ###'s Ramsey was the man to replace H R and save us from relegation , then Ramsey was the the man to lead us to championship stability , then JFH was going to turn things around , now we have Holloway blindly sicking to formations that only he can see as a way to take to take us to mid table while being handicapped by a blunt attack and ( Not my fault ### ) sits back comfortable that that we will heap it all on the obvious target the manager , yesterday while being a gratefully received 3 points was really papering over the cracks a 0_1 Wasn't nothing to shout about with the amount of control we had
                            This is the problem, everything needs an overhaul. Including the DoF in my opinion. In fact, Lee Hoos and Chris Ramsey are the only guys I think are qualified/good enough for the roles they are in within our management and coaching structure. I don't necessarily dislike the structure, and given our recent history, I do understand why we have a DoF in place. I just don't understand why we couldn't have hired someone who has actually done that job before.

But even if the board did agree with what I've written above, who is going to overhaul it all? Do we trust Uncle Bungle to select a new DoF? As I understand it, he was the guy that wanted Ollie as manager. I don't think he was Les' appointment at all (despite what you read on here). In fact, TF's record of selecting/approving hires of new staff for the club (playing and non-playing) is utterly abysmal. Of course he has been badly advised a lot of the time, but he had a big say in the signings of players under Hughes and Redknapp.

I also suspect that Ollie won't last the Christmas period, and it's virtually impossible to make the type of overhaul that I'm talking about mid-season. I think we'll be saved this season off the strength that there are some really poor sides at the bottom of the table. But I worry for us next season, particularly given we have no money to spend, and are likely to lose the likes of Smithies and Luongo.

All in all, it's a bit of a mess really, and I don't have any faith in Tony and his cronies knowing how to fix it.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 17-12-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              I think my ironic thread has been misunderstood
                              And now look what you've started!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                TF was the guy that wanted Ollie as manager. I don't think he was Les' appointment at all
                                That's not how it was reported Tarbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X