No announcement yet.

Papering over the cracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practically all the arguments/discussions on here in recent times are the equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb.

Yes, Ollie is a limited manager who will frustrate you with his inconsistency and clearly he has a far higher opinion of his tactical ability than the evidence suggests.

At the time of his appointment, options were also limited and most of the other options could well have proven worse than him. Many of us wanted Gary Rowett. He turned us down.

So given those two points, here we are, pretty much where I and many others expected us to be: lower mid-table. Currently, in the short-term I'd say there are no better options. Changing the manager now could and would most likely prove even worse, unless we got someone of genuine class, and we simply can't get someone like that. So we've basically just got to sit it out. If there are better options available at the end of the season, then we need to grab them with both hands. But for now, I reckon we've just got to lump it. And given all that, I get that maybe all the moaning and groaning and endless speculating and bald men arguments have some kind of cathartic effect, but apart from that, can we not just enjoy the win? There are still positives FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Yeah agree northolt we`ve had a couple of bad patches, but its how we respond and get out of them, and yeah our strikeforce definately needs atleast bare minimum 2 quality strikers bringing in, but we havnt had the money to bring in more signings, but if i was ollie id go for a couple of strikers on loan with a view to signing them if we could.
      So Holloway just has to find 2 quality strikers who are available on loans in January, who we can afford, and who want to come to us. Should be easy enough... The bloke is having to manage a team with one arm tied behind his back thanks to LF and TF. It’s pretty much an impossible job. IH for all his issues isn’t the problem here - the owner is....

Comment

Total over the top exagerating tarbie sorry mate, ffs as doggs has said we`ve had a blunted strike force, & whoever has been given the start doesnt take it, so ollies packed out the midfield, but we`re a few decent players away from getting a good first 11, why would that need a complete overhaul? youre talking twaddle, we`re going through the overhaul slowly and now, & will take a while especially with no funds! but why does everyone panic after a few games when the seasons barely half way through? stamina and belief is needed which so many on here havnt got!
        Wouldn't expect you to agree to fair mate. It's my opinion regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
          So Holloway just has to find 2 quality strikers who are available on loans in January, who we can afford, and who want to come to us. Should be easy enough... The bloke is having to manage a team with one arm tied behind his back thanks to LF and TF. It’s pretty much an impossible job. IH for all his issues isn’t the problem here - the owner is....
          I totally agree with you northolt mate, pretty sure if ollie had the funds available and could get a good striker or two he would, i also dont think the players can get away with no blame, as we`ve a few who are not performing when given the chance aswell.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
            Because it wasn’t a few games mate....it was 6 without a win which included an a.rsehole lucky draw. Considering we had two strings of 6 successive defeats last season under Holloway, it was completely rational for the fans to be worried. I def don’t think he is the answer but tbh with our powder puff forward line I’m not sure what any other manager could do....no strikers is our BIG problem. To think we spent nearly all the money we got for Chazza on dogs.hit Washington. That Pboro chairman must be laughing his b.ollox off...
            And we started this season with the same forward line that went to 6 losing runs

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Practically all the arguments/discussions on here in recent times are the equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb.

Yes, Ollie is a limited manager who will frustrate you with his inconsistency and clearly he has a far higher opinion of his tactical ability than the evidence suggests.

At the time of his appointment, options were also limited and most of the other options could well have proven worse than him. Many of us wanted Gary Rowett. He turned us down.

So given those two points, here we are, pretty much where I and many others expected us to be: lower mid-table. Currently, in the short-term I'd say there are no better options. Changing the manager now could and would most likely prove even worse, unless we got someone of genuine class, and we simply can't get someone like that. So we've basically just got to sit it out. If there are better options available at the end of the season, then we need to grab them with both hands. But for now, I reckon we've just got to lump it. And given all that, I get that maybe all the moaning and groaning and endless speculating and bald men arguments have some kind of cathartic effect, but apart from that, can we not just enjoy the win? There are still positives FFS!
              Options were so limited, in fact, no other current manager in the whole wide world on planet earth wanted to manage us, so poor old uncle had no choice but to hire a TV pundit
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

People seem to forget that the club thought the Winnal deal done and once that blew up there was little time to find a replacement. He would have been an ideal front man even if he would have ended up playing left back

Comment

I totally agree with you northolt mate, pretty sure if ollie had the funds available and could get a good striker or two he would, i also dont think the players can get away with no blame, as we`ve a few who are not performing when given the chance aswell.
                  Well Dollie has had some funds available and used those funds to sign wingers yet doesn't play with a system that allows for wingers ...

Still nice we finally found a team even more shet than us and we squeezed three points out of them. Think your hero will get us to the play offs? That was his stated aim this season and last after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    Options were so limited, in fact, no other current manager in the whole wide world on planet earth wanted to manage us, so poor old uncle had no choice but to hire a TV pundit
                    Tv pundit whos won a couple of promotions lol, yet some big up managers like rowett or clement who have no promotions from the championship

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Well Dollie has had some funds available and used those funds to sign wingers yet doesn't play with a system that allows for wingers ...

Still nice we finally found a team even more shet than us and we squeezed three points out of them. Think your hero will get us to the play offs? That was his stated aim this season and last after all.

anybody would think youre a blues supporter or even a supporter of some other team, bet you hate it we won as thats how it seems, very strange

Comment

anybody would think youre a blues supporter or even a supporter of some other team, bet you hate it we won as thats how it seems, very strange
                        Furtive makes some fair points though. Why not try actually answering them?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          He makes some valid points though. Why not try answering them?
                          Why dont you give over yourself stan! you had a little dig at rebel yet youre a stuck record yourself with youre "i know it all attitude!" how can i answer them as you me and furtive the blues and any away team who plays us on the day, doesnt know the answer to, for all we know les might have bought them, but we do not know, but also if there promising up and coming players, they might of been bought for selling on later at profit, but who knows, same as we could of bought them with different formations in mind ie wingers, but with a strikeforce like ours plans might have changed! at the end of the day non of us know why, probably best to get those questions put to the next meeting maybe! then youll get youre answers

Comment

Just for clarification purposes....Are transfers down to IH or LF? Has this ever been clarified? I'm sure IH would have asked for a striker in the summer.

Comment

This is it no one knows really hove, id say the freemans scowens and smith are ollies but who knows, could be both, but again no one knows & no one sees them in training, if they are all ollie signings theres goto be some reason as to why there not getting used.

Comment

your "i know it all attitude!"
                                Nothing could be further from the truth Pinkie. I'm as ignorant as the next guy as to the vagaries of how our club is run. The best any of us can do is to make educated guesses based on the information we DO have and what we witness every week on the pitch. I do however believe the Furtive made some perfectly fair points.

Comment

Working...
                                X