Team to win at Brum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team to win at Brum

Queens Park Rangers manager Ian Holloway says he may freshen up his starting XI for the trip to Birmingham City in the Championship on Saturday in an effort to end the west Londoners’ wretched run of form.

“We’ll look at the stats, look at who’s there, look at who’s fit, look at who’s not suspended and look at where we are,” said the 54-year-old.

“We’ll see if maybe I can freshen it up with a little bit of people who haven’t had to go through this (run) because it looks like the boys are getting down a bit.”

“If you keep doing things in one zone and in the other zone, the most important zones, and you’re not quite getting them right, you end up with the wrong score.”

QPR could welcome back Alex Baptiste this weekend for the trip to the Midlands after he served a one-game ban in the 3-1 defeat at home to Leeds United on Saturday, but Jamie Mackie will miss out as he serves the second game of a three-match ban.

I was reading the paragraph about zones. I've had one glass of wine and I haven't a clue what he's talking about. Are we going to try and play american football in the right zones?!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Reads to me as though he doesn't have a clue who to put in team.

One good point though is to look at stats. They certainly showcase his suitability for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        I was reading the paragraph about zones. I've had one glass of wine and I haven't a clue what he's talking about. Are we going to try and play american football in the right zones?!
        Think he's been doing that since he came back last season!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Think he's been doing that since he came back last season!
          No that's definitely the weirdest interview so far.

Comment

Smithies

Ned Baptiste Robinson Bidwell

Wzsolek Luongo Scowen Manning

Freeman

Smith

Comment

He’s your man WeAre you have been one of his biggest defenders

Comment

All depends what Ollie pulls out the Tombola tomo. My guess Yeni, Manning, Wheeler to start, probably all in their incorrect positions.

Oh and #### it, he'll prob pick JET as well.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  He’s your man WeAre you have been one of his biggest defenders
                  I think the fact that jfh was a complete disaster, I felt that we needed to get back to basics, ie passion and attacking play. I guess I looked more at that Blackpool team he managed in the top flight who were exceptional with limited resources. Unfortunately I think he's brought his millwall career instead. I don't think birch was the right blend either so he has no strong difference of opinion to at least ask a few questions.

Comment

I think the fact that jfh was a complete disaster, I felt that we needed to get back to basics, ie passion and attacking play. I guess I looked more at that Blackpool team he managed in the top flight who were exceptional with limited resources. Unfortunately I think he's brought his millwall career instead. I don't think birch was the right blend either so he has no strong difference of opinion to at least ask a few questions.
                    When he says he's going to shake team selection up I think that means he's going to shake the tombola harder than normal

Comment

To me, It seems like he is speaking about his team`s lack of cohesion.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Respect that response

Comment

Means Ned, perch, manning maybe Goss/Shodipo (both out of nowhere) will get selected

And one of Smith/Washington will he dropped for Sylla

What’s happened to Aerial does not even get a sniff

Comment

We could win if their goalie drops 3 clangers

Comment

smithies
                              onuoha hall robinson bidwell
                              luongo scowen freeman
                              wheeler sylla shodipo

Comment

Working...
                              X