Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever wish you'd grown up supporting someone else, and if so, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No choice.....Grew up living bang next to the Loft entrance...noisy place but I was always inside

Comment

My Dad is United through and through since the Busby days.

Then along came the mighty Tony Roberts, about the same time i wanted to be a goalie so that was that.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        No choice.....Grew up living bang next to the Loft entrance...noisy place but I was always inside
        So back then you were almost an insider? Getting all the latest news on QPR
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          My Dad is United through and through since the Busby days.
          Then along came the mighty Tony Roberts, about the same time i wanted to be a goalie so that was that.
          No wonder he fell for "The Busby Babes". Duncan Edwards ie.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            I wish i was born near Chelsea and not in the bush and grew up having them as my first team.
            They are ny second club though, so i get the losses and bad times and bad chairman and gump the gimp to hate with with us but the good times and the best chairmn in the country and celebrity players with Chels.
            When we are on a losing streak like we are now i just go to the bridge instead.
            Touch.
            You want stringing up for that Kev lol

Comment

My dad was first taken to Chelsea by his work mate in the early 60's but said he never enjoyed it and always felt on edge. He told me there was always a thuggish/racist atmosphere even then. And then they were working in Shepherds bush one day and QPR were at home that evening. He went along and said he immediately felt comfortable and was hooked from the first time he went. I was born in 1970 and he used to take me when i was 4 and sat me on the wall behind the goal at the loft end. Obviously don't remember too much of it. I remember sitting on the terrace bars with my sister many times a couple of years later. And from the time of being 6/7 i was hooked. All my mates were Chelsea, Fulham, Spurs, Arsenal and Forest but they all used to come with me all the time in the 80's. They always said the atmosphere was too good to turn down. So for me although being surrounded by mates of other clubs there was no way i was supporting anyone else. Despite some bad times there is something special about LR. A magical place when it's on song
              Last edited by qprjeff1882; 14-12-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                My dad was first taken to Chelsea by his work mate in the early 60's but said he never enjoyed it and always felt on edge. He told me there was always a thuggish/racist atmosphere even then. And then they were working in Shepherds bush one day and QPR wer at home that evening. He went along and said he immediately felt comfortable and was hooked from the first time he went. I was born in 1970 and he used to take me when i was 4 and sat me on the wall behind the goal at the loft end. Obviously don't remember too much of it. I remember sitting on the terrace bars with my sister many times a couple of years later. And from the time of being 6/7 i was hooked. All my mates were Chelsea, Fulham, Spurs, Arsenal and Forest but they all used to come with me all the time in the 80's. They always said the atmosphere was too good to turn down.

Aint that the truth....to be fair, even though we had moved to "flat cap wearing Kent" by the 80's there were 5 of us in one class at school that were all Rangers. Amazing but true and we went everywhere together, and had a following of Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea that came with us for the crack. I still go with the Rangers lads now but the others all gave up, on Rangers and their own teams, as far as I know.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  You want stringing up for that Kev lol
                  Its not true mate. I aint even got a second team i like or look out for from the lower divisions or abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    HAHAHA This is some thread. you crack me up

Anyways, this is my club, for better or for worse.
                    plus, find me a club that i could moan more about than this one!
                    until such a club appears, i will carry on with being happy in my misery at qpr.

for your next thread................. Have you ever wished you were born a girl!
                    Genius response. Well said the Hitman!

Comment

Thanks for this thread - you have united us all. Before I even understood the game I wanted QPR as my team - obviously. Who could want any other? Then to find they were my dad’s team - and local. Never looked back since my first game aged 5. They are the gift that keeps frustrating, but they are mine. I always say I support Gods own football team - after all, we were St Judes werent we?

Comment

Massive Fulham fan pretty much all the way up until 2013. Once they removed the legend that is the Michael Jackson statue I had to start looking for another club so I kept it fairly local.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          HAHAHA This is some thread. you crack me up

Anyways, this is my club, for better or for worse.
                          plus, find me a club that i could moan more about than this one!
                          until such a club appears, i will carry on with being happy in my misery at qpr.

for your next thread................. Have you ever wished you were born a girl!
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            [/B]

Aint that the truth....to be fair, even though we had moved to "flat cap wearing Kent" .
                            Blue , please understand ,i wasnt digging Kent out , i was digging out Millwall fans ,who all wear flat/baker boy caps ,they just happen to (now) live in Kent .
                            ( still smiling while typing )
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I sometimes wish I supported a quintessential lower league, northern English team like Tranmere Rovers or Preston North End.

Comment

I grew up a few miles from the bush and both my old man and his old man were Rangers men so no choice. Now my lads are supporters too. Loved the late 80's early 90's with some stand out players back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X