Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever wish you'd grown up supporting someone else, and if so, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    No wonder he fell for "The Busby Babes". Duncan Edwards ie.
    Incredible group of players. So yeah i have a soft spot for United and probably would support them.

Comment

Well, perhaps it's wrong, but I suppose some part of it all is a bit of a grudging respect for WHU 'firms'. I suppose it's the adrenaline rush. Can't believe I'm the only one on here who wishes we could have had a bit more of a 'reputation' than we did. We showed a bit of life mostly in the 80s I suppose. But we've never had the numbers. I reckon Hammer who used to post here would have been an 'R' if we had had a few hundred more shall we call them politely 'hotheads'. Always hated those who go after 'scarfers' and innocent others. And those who use 'utensils' for that matter.

Comment

I wish I supported (insert club here) so I could be on their forums banging on about how sh*t the club is....

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          So back then you were almost an insider? Getting all the latest news on QPR
          Yeah worked in QPR as a tray boy selling wagon wheels and smith crisps...that reminds me Rodney owes me for a packet of Smiths when he swiped one coming out at the start of a match to the amusement to those in the Loft!
          Did you know Shania in them days the players came on to the pitch from the Ellerslie stand ? South Africa stand was just a mud bank for the kids who got bored to slide down.
          QPR..love em

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Yeah worked in QPR as a tray boy selling wagon wheels and smith crisps...that reminds me Rodney owes me for a packet of Smiths when he swiped one coming out at the start of a match to the amusement to those in the Loft!
            Did you know Shania in them days the players came on to the pitch from the Ellerslie stand ? South Africa stand was just a mud bank for the kids who got bored to slide down.
            QPR..love em

Lovely post. I have to visit Loftus Road before it`s history.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
              You need to get a life sonny. Look at the number of posts you have, GN, and the number I have...laughable response. Expect it from the likes of Hits and now you, surprised to see wortonranger jumping down the same path.
              I was being genuine not sarcastic - as the thread really did unite the factions amongst the support base. For example, the Hitman snd I rarely agree, but we couldn’t even think of a sensible answer to the question as it doesn’t arise. After all, you can’t pick your family only your friends as they say. No hard feelings Mr Kangaroo?

Comment

I have supported Rangers for decades and used to be very proud of that. Maybe that proudness has tailed off lately.... Must admit I thought the other night that my life might have been happier if I supported another club. But as we all know this is eternal. I have never had a second club and never will.

Comment

QPR were a very good team when I started supporting them ,they had very exciting players like Stan Bowes, Rodney Marsh,Don Givens and Gerry Francis ,back there Loftus Rd used to get 25,000 for home games and we were pushing Liverpool for the title,we played really exciting football (until the #### we play now!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    QPR were a very good team when I started supporting them ,they had very exciting players like Stan Bowes, Rodney Marsh,Don Givens and Gerry Francis ,back there Loftus Rd used to get 25,000 for home games and we were pushing Liverpool for the title,we played really exciting football (until the #### we play now!!)
                    i remember those days and players as a a boy , 30p to get in the loft

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      i remember those days and players as a a boy , 30p to get in the loft
                      Even 30p is too much now

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                        I was being genuine not sarcastic - as the thread really did unite the factions amongst the support base. For example, the Hitman snd I rarely agree, but we couldn’t even think of a sensible answer to the question as it doesn’t arise. After all, you can’t pick your family only your friends as they say. No hard feelings Mr Kangaroo?
                        Who would have thought hey Worton hahaha.

As for you kangaroo, you love it on this site so keep on posting buddy.
                        But, as Ginger has said, this is a muggy thread though 😃

#watrb
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Actually got myself in the mood for tomorrow’s torture now! You R’s!!

Comment

Hits, Worton, GN, Kev, all others, apologies Id been drinking when I posted all of my posts, though certainly wasn't pissed (that came later) when I posted the original one, just 'relaxed'. Need to go back to AA, its 5 years since I've been.... Stone cold sober at the moment. All your latest responses have been great. All the best to you all, and the the thing I really do like about this site is that strong opinions that upset others are (usually) tolerated, but understandably challenged. Taking the #### out of others posts is all part of the fun. What we can agree on is that we're stuck with our beloved Rs, for life. Let's hope it's not too long before we taste success again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                              Actually got myself in the mood for tomorrow’s torture now! You R’s!!
                              Now you are a true supporter,I really hope we win tomorrow (but we wont)

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                                I really hope we win tomorrow (but we wont)
                                Rebel, don't you believe in the power of positive thought?

Comment

Working...
                                X