If Ollie gets the boot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ollie gets the boot...

......and somebody comes in. Regardless of who, Ainsworth, Pulis, Clement, Fergie, anyone. Would it solve the systemic problem we seem to have at the club? Since that one glorious table topping year, we are seemingly are incapable of having a player reach their potential and the grow from there, they wither. We seemingly manage to tarnish managers reputations one after another.

Is it really ever going to be solved. exactly the same type of threads were coming up last year, with almost the same wording on JFH post Ramsay, and Ramsay post Redknapp, Redknapp post Hughes. Either we have very short memories or the club is doing something very wrong. maybe just bad luck?

Perspective, we suck D at present. Woeful, we have really quite good championship players and we can't play football with them.

What solves the mess? I am not sure that Ollie out solves it. Maybe a start, but i would put £100 on this time next year the same threads popping up.

Unless we're in League 1 then we'll clearly dominate those pussies.
    Last edited by topperharley; 13-12-2017, 10:32 AM. Reason: incorrect title

yes he should. his record speaks for itself, there are games that we should have won this season but didn't due to his selections and recently the team look absolutely toothless, i don't actually mind losing if the team has given its all and the right people have played but ollie seems obsessed with playing one of our best players at wingback, our best striker off the bench or wheeler as a lone striker not to mention ollie still doesn't know what our best formation is despite it being glaringly obvious that wing backs don't work for us and that a standard 442 or 451 would work best, we have 0 bite anywhere in the team. imo our core players are robinson, pavel, the triumvirate and sylla, build a team round them its really not hard.
    the board need to act now otherwise we will be in a hell of a lot of trouble

Comment

People keep saying 'but who are we going to get' & 'who's out there'

Apart from the obvious names who would CLEARLY improve us, Pulis, Grayson, Pearson etc (funds & working under a DOF is another issue) I actually think a regular fan could do better than what IH is currently serving up.

He's known as a motivator, and never been known to be overly good tactics wise so why would it be so hard to replace him? I think the board are just spineless and don't want to spend a penny. That's fine if so. Expect possible League 1 football at worst and a shambles of a disappointing season at best.

Any board with some nuts would of been ruthless enough to make the sensible decision based on results and fired him but no, as usual our stupid bunch will just sit and wait for a miracle to happen, which it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        yes he should. his record speaks for itself, there are games that we should have won this season but didn't due to his selections and recently the team look absolutely toothless, i don't actually mind losing if the team has given its all and the right people have played but ollie seems obsessed with playing one of our best players at wingback, our best striker off the bench or wheeler as a lone striker not to mention ollie still doesn't know what our best formation is despite it being glaringly obvious that wing backs don't work for us and that a standard 442 or 451 would work best, we have 0 bite anywhere in the team. imo our core players are robinson, pavel, the triumvirate and sylla, build a team round them its really not hard.
        the board need to act now otherwise we will be in a hell of a lot of trouble
        Wasn't a question more a hypothetical what next? I think most people agree he isn't doing a good job.

Changed the title, or mods could you change the title to 'If Ollie did get the boot' as everyone has and answer to the should he question.
        Last edited by topperharley; 13-12-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like at the next home game if Holloway is still in a job after the defeat at Brum??
          Pretty hostile is my bed for Uncle bungle and Holloway.

Comment

Be suprised to get 12k for the bristol game as the Leeds game was telling as a hell of a lot of empty seats in the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              People keep saying 'but who are we going to get' & 'who's out there'

Apart from the obvious names who would CLEARLY improve us, Pulis, Grayson, Pearson etc (funds & working under a DOF is another issue) I actually think a regular fan could do better than what IH is currently serving up.

He's known as a motivator, and never been known to be overly good tactics wise so why would it be so hard to replace him? I think the board are just spineless and don't want to spend a penny. That's fine if so. Expect possible League 1 football at worst and a shambles of a disappointing season at best.

Any board with some nuts would of been ruthless enough to make the sensible decision based on results and fired him but no, as usual our stupid bunch will just sit and wait for a miracle to happen, which it won't.

I actually think a fan of another club who hate us would do a better job than Olly.

Comment

the club must sack holloway and ferdinand they are useless
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Millwall game should be fun for him. Could get abuse from both sets of fans.

Comment

He might be a useless tit ,but hes OUR useless tit , lets get behind our club at Millwall ,and sort our own shi t out back home . Really hope we come back from there with 3 points , its got got to happen sometime ! please lets make sure we sell out the away end ,or ill never here the end of it !
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Lets get this out of the way because I don't call Holloway silly childish names doesn't mean I can't see his failings as manager , now here we go with another transfer window approaching we have 11 players with 6months left on their contracts what money could we achieve on these player ? Imo a pittance ,
                      Now I've read we have squad good enough to be up around the play offs or minimum top 10 , well I can't have that ! take away our prized assets of smithies Scowens luongo Robinson and Freeman , how much could we achieve from the rest in this window I would say not a lot as the rest look a prity shabby lot that are just about good to finish in the bottom 8/9th places therefore it makes some of names being mentioned as Holloway replacement pure fantasy at this time , ok in may or June given the promise of transfer funds we may be to get one of these names being kicked about , that make Holloway's dismissal highly unlikely untill about February or march with a caretaker from within given a temporary post untill June

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Lets get this out of the way because I don't call Holloway silly childish names doesn't mean I can't see his failings as manager , now here we go with another transfer window approaching we have 11 players with 6months left on their contracts what money could we achieve on these player ? Imo a pittance ,
                        Now I've read we have squad good enough to be up around the play offs or minimum top 10 , well I can't have that ! take away our prized assets of smithies Scowens luongo Robinson and Freeman , how much could we achieve from the rest in this window I would say not a lot as the rest look a prity shabby lot that are just about good to finish in the bottom 8/9th places therefore it makes some of names being mentioned as Holloway replacement pure fantasy at this time , ok in may or June given the promise of transfer funds we may be to get one of these names being kicked about , that make Holloway's dismissal highly unlikely untill about February or march with a caretaker from within given a temporary post untill June
                        by which time if he continues his points per game average, we will have one foot in League One and it'll be even harder to attract a replacement.

Comment

What happened to that 'gallen said ollie has been sacked' thread?

Comment

If we get beat AGAIN on Saturday and he keeps his job,This club is beyond saving.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              What happened to that 'gallen said ollie has been sacked' thread?
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...97301-Bad-news

Comment

Working...
                              X