No announcement yet.

Mark Hughes getting destroyed on TS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't stand the man or his bouffant barnet , another excuse maker , lacks any real personality . it's mrs hughes i feel sorry for imagine having to amuse him

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      This isn't a popularity contest and btw I agree with you ;-)

Big part of the reason for Hughes' success at Stoke (up 'til this season) is because they have a strong Chairman in Peter Coates who has always spent prudently and within planned budgets. Hughes never had that at QPR - quite the opposite in fact, with a totally open cheque-book - and that's the reason it all went so disastrously wrong.
      this. i don't think hes a bad manager when hes in a controlled environment, did well with blackburn, fulham and stoke until they splashed the cash

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Not gonna be popular with this comment, but I actually think Hughes has done a half decent job with Stoke. 9th 3 seasons running, 13th last season, and obviously struggling this season. Not being funny, but that's a good return given the limited resources they work with.

Obviously the sh*t has hit the fan this season, but let's be honest, how many Premier League clubs keep a manager for as long as 4 or 5 seasons these days anyway? Normally a manager is lucky to keep a job for a couple of seasons before going on a run that sees them sacked!
        Not sure a £25-30m spend on 2 players each of the last 3 seasons (amongst frees and loans) is limited resources but to be fair to him he has been consistently just below the top 10.

Cannot stand him though and would love to see him sacked in the next week or so. Saw in the paper he said he's never been involved in relegation battles and doesnt intend to. Arrogant pr*ck where were we when he was here...certainly not cruising in mid-table.

Comment

Working...
        X