Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holloways stats compared to JFH make a mockery of the fact he is still employed- FACT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloways stats compared to JFH make a mockery of the fact he is still employed- FACT

Seen a couple of people ask in other threads how the two compare so I had a look.

First of all I doubt there is a single member on this forum that wouldn't agree that the squad/team are better now than they were a year ago.

There's been enough people like Pinkie and his "Olly is God" cohorts reminding us at every opportunity how Olly has improved our playing staff with his additions to the squad and credit where due I agree. The team is POTENTIALLY better than what we had at the beginning of last season.

However if we all believe this to be true then the stats are even more condemning in regards to Ollies results.

The following stats are based on games in charge from the START of a season having had a transfer window and pre season friendlies.

JFH was in charge for 16 games and his stats are

W 5
    D 5
    L 6

W % 31.25
    D % 31.25
    L % 37.50

Goals per game 1.0625
    Points per game 1.25

Olly has been in charge so far this season for 21 games and his stats are

W 5
    D 7
    L 9

W % 23.80
    D % 33.33
    L % 42.85

Goals per game 1.04
    Points per game 1.04

How the hell Holloway is still employed is totally beyond me.

Jimmy was accused of and ultimately lost his job for ..........

boring football - no worse than Olly

lack of goals - yet more than Olly

too many draws - yet less than Olly

not enough wins - yet more than Olly

Dwindling crowds - the same is happening now.

Jimmy's football was painful to watch yet produced more goals per game and more importantly more points per game.

Holloway is averaging a measly 1.04 points per game.
    Over the season that gives 47.84 points after 46 games - almost certain relegation.
    Jimmy managed 5 wins from 16 games Olly has managed 5 wins from 21 yet some on here would have you believe we have improved greatly!

I just don't understand how the board could consider Jimmy and his results not good enough when Holloway is considerably worse in every department yet still collects a wage every week.

I said when Fernandes made Holloway manager that I felt it was a gonna be a huge gamble with his own fan popularity when it all inevitably goes pear shaped.

Most the fans I know, like me, were keen supporters of Mr Fernandes but the longer this Holloway garbage fest continues the more and more I am coming round to the critical views of some on here that our dear old Uncle Tone isn't fit for purpose.

Holloway certainly isn't, the facts above prove it.
    Last edited by rodman; 12-12-2017, 02:07 AM.

I love you
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
      Seen a couple of people ask in other threads how the two compare so I had a look.

First of all I doubt there is a single member on this forum that wouldn't agree that the squad/team are better now than they were a year ago.

There's been enough people like Pinkie and his "Olly is God" cohorts reminding us at every opportunity how Olly has improved our playing staff with his additions to the squad and credit where due I agree. The team is POTENTIALLY better than what we had at the beginning of last season.

However if we all believe this to be true then the stats are even more condemning in regards to Ollies results.

The following stats are based on games in charge from the START of a season having had a transfer window and pre season friendlies.

W 5
      D 5
      L 6

W % 31.25
      D % 31.25
      L % 37.50

Goals per game 1.0625
      Points per game 1.25

W 5
      D 7
      L 9

W % 23.80
      D % 33.33
      L % 42.85

Goals per game 1.04
      Points per game 1.04

Jimmy's football was painful to watch yet produced more goals per game and more importantly more points per game.

Over the season that gives 47.84 points after 46 games - almost certain relegation.
      Jimmy managed 5 wins from 16 games Olly has managed 5 wins from 21 yet some on here would have you believe we have improved greatly!

I just don't understand how the board could consider Jimmy and his results not good enough when Holloway is considerably worse in every department yet still collects a wage every week.

I said when Fernandes made Holloway manager that I felt it was a gonna be a huge gamble with his own fan popularity when it all inevitably goes pear shaped.

Most the fans I know, like me, were keen supporters of Mr Fernandes but the longer this Holloway garbage fest continues the more and more I am coming round to the critical views of some on here that our dear old Uncle Tone isn't fit for purpose.

Good use of stats there. Good post
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

All well and good, but where are the chest beating stats?

Comment

So true, please Olly step down.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Should have been sacked weeks ago and relegation beckons if he lasts the season. Our big problem is Fernandes as that clown is happy with the pride being shown by Holloway and his team. Very concerned about the club and its future with Fernandes at the helm as shown by his involvement with Caterham F1 team.

Comment

Awful appointment at the time and our worse fears are coming true.

There was a good reason he was chatting waffle on Sky Sports and not managing a football club.

The man is finished.

Comment

Good OP and what I have been saying for months. Ollie was and is not improvement at best it’s treading water

Comment

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/tony-pulis/

Hardly inspiring reading either.

Not a Pulis thread or me saying Ollie should stay.

I'd rather have Ollie than JFH if only because he has brought more to the club as a whole. JFH didn't deserve a better crack of the whip, Ollie does, if only because the money has run out. I really don't think Ollie was ever an appointment to take us back up. It was a holding pattern one to keep fans happy, return a bit of pride, cut some costs and keep us mid table till all the FFP, OOC and other staidum developement plans came to fruition.

Hard pill to swallow to fans paying good money and giving good time to go watch games home and away every week, but some pragmatism is required if looking from the outside in.

Comment

W 5
                    D 5
                    L 6

W % 31.25
                    D % 31.25
                    L % 37.50

So after 16 games this season (because you don't know what JFH would have been like after 16 games and it makes more sense to compare like for like), Holloway was:

W 5 - 31.25%
                    D 6 - 37.75%
                    L 5 - 31.25%

Bare bones of it all is that they are both sh*te.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      So after 16 games this season (because you don't know what JFH would have been like after 16 games and it makes more sense to compare like for like), Holloway was:

W 5 - 31.25%
                      D 6 - 37.75%
                      L 5 - 31.25%

Bare bones of it all is that they are both sh*te.
                      thanks to the win against Sheff Utd. Which was as lucky a win as I've ever seen he finished the 16 games with one point more than Jimmy.

We don't know how Jimmy would have done after that, no. But we do know that when Olly took over his stats for the rest of the season WERE WORSE than Jimmy's with the same squad.

The reason I showed stats for the games up til now is the more games played, the truer perspective of how you are doing.

Holloway has overseen 21 games of a 46 game season achieving 1.04 points per game.
                      There's only 25 games left and his average points per game IS gonna get us relegated.

Comment

W 5
                        D 5
                        L 6

W % 31.25
                        D % 31.25
                        L % 37.50

Goals per game 1.0625
                        Points per game 1.25

W 5
                        D 7
                        L 9

W % 23.80
                        D % 33.33
                        L % 42.85

Goals per game 1.04
                        Points per game 1.04

Nearly all the football decisions at the club are made by the so called DOF, with T.F going along with them Including recommending the last 3 managerial appointments,(all poor) so T.F. Should get rid of him and the Holloway together, ASAP I remember T.F. Saying he had his pants pulled down by people. Well this time it’s a totally inadequate DOF who’s doing it

Comment

W 5
                          D 5
                          L 6

W % 31.25
                          D % 31.25
                          L % 37.50

Goals per game 1.0625
                          Points per game 1.25

W 5
                          D 7
                          L 9

W % 23.80
                          D % 33.33
                          L % 42.85

Goals per game 1.04
                          Points per game 1.04

God bless you for putting this together. Now if only this can be put to the clowns that employed him so that they can answer us how the hell he is doing a grand job.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/tony-pulis/

Hardly inspiring reading either.

Not a Pulis thread or me saying Ollie should stay.

I'd rather have Ollie than JFH if only because he has brought more to the club as a whole. JFH didn't deserve a better crack of the whip, Ollie does, if only because the money has run out. I really don't think Ollie was ever an appointment to take us back up. It was a holding pattern one to keep fans happy, return a bit of pride, cut some costs and keep us mid table till all the FFP, OOC and other staidum developement plans came to fruition.

Hard pill to swallow to fans paying good money and giving good time to go watch games home and away every week, but some pragmatism is required if looking from the outside in.

By the time that lot is sorted or Hollowhead's contract is up, QPR could be a lower half League 1 side.

Appointing him on a short term appointment - 6 month contract - I could maybe have understood but no way a 2 and a half year deal.

Comment

Both are hardly awe inspiring records. Especially when you combine with facts that one had awful style of football and came across as “bit dodgy” in that telegraph sting. Then you have Ollie who wants to fights us if we don’t back him and let’s be honest, Football ain’t great either. Maybe I expect too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X