No announcement yet.

Miserable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flavio and Bernie also got us the highest shirt deal outside the premier league when we had Gulf Air as well as getting us to the premier league which is what they set out to do. What exactly is the best chairman in football ambition? League 1 or 2 with a good checkatrade cup run?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      Why did you delete/edit your original reply? The quality of a forum isn't the point here.
      I felt is was unduly harsh mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Has it though?

I've been following Rangers for over 25 years now and I'm struggling to think of worse times. Certainly if we are going by the concept that we go to the football to be entertained. I used to look forward to my trips back to UK and always used to plan them around getting in as many QPR games as possible. This season, I have absolutely no desire to make a long and expensive flight back to the UK to catch a handful of games.

Yes, we were a joke during the Briatore era, but at least you could see there was some desire to get better. Things were pretty terrible at the point when Chris Wright decided he'd had enough and forced us into administration. But at least we weren't pretending to be something that we weren't back then. We were a poor side, ran on a shoestring, offering a cheap match day experience. I had a student season ticket at that point and I'm pretty sure it cost about 120 quid.

The problem at the moment is we are serving up utter dross, and still expecting fans to pay upper Championship / lower Premiership prices for tickets. Worse than that, we are being fed the same nonsense by the board week after week, with TF posting tripe about what a good job Ollie is doing and how we need to be patient.

I'm not being funny, but a good few of us on this board, and a lot of other QPR fans that I know called it when Ollie was linked with the job. Limited manager that offered no real improvement on JFH. In fact, it's actually played out even worse than that, Ollie is doing far worse than Jimmy was.

Anyone else remember Les' press statement when Jimmy was sacked? Reasons were that we wanted to be pushing for promotion. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. We've replaced a badly performing manager with a genuinely very poor manager. And as always, it's the fans that suffer, spending their hard earned cash and getting zero value for money out of it week in, week out.
        Top post been supporting for 50 years and agree there has been bad times but always hope, there isn’t even that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          they saved the club from going bankrupt.

they dealt with managers that were not preforming.

they took us to the prem league and sold us debt free.

the current idiot has twice overseen relegation to the championship.
          racked up debts totaling 250 mil
          and for this season and last, we are in a relegation battle to league 1.
          hardly ever shows his mug on matchdays.

give me tango and cash over this muppet.
          And where was the connect with the fans - the original point.

Fernandes is a mug but if Tango and Cash were still here, we'd be in the Championship paying PL ticket prices.

Comment

Shepherds. They were never going to be here as they maxed up their investment. If they did want to own in a premier league club then those two would have done a hell of a lot better than the clown we have had for 6.5 years.

Comment

Tango and Cash would never have spent any real money. They had done what they wanted to do.

We just have to hope current owners really have learned their lessons and we can move forward once FFP and current manager debacle have been overcome.

Comment

Thing is, it really isnt to late to change for a good manager now who knows how to win games and us still make the play offs.
                Pearson please. Does what it says on the tin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Shepherds. They were never going to be here as they maxed up their investment. If they did want to own in a premier league club then those two would have done a hell of a lot better than the clown we have had for 6.5 years.
                  Exactly. They were in it to sell us at a profit - were never going to waste money on keeping us up.

Probably would have done better than Fernandes without spending a bean though.

Still believe that they didnt give a flying fck about the fans....all they cared about was the dough and the exit.

Comment

The managerial situation very simple to solve, The chairman should judge the managers record deem it nowhere near acceptable and get rid of him. But this is QPR under Fernandes and wise moves do not go hand in hand so no new manager and Pearson is unlikely due to falling out with Hoos at Leicester. I do agree he is the kind we need right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Thing is, it really isnt to late to change for a good manager now who knows how to win games and us still make the play offs.
                      Pearson please. Does what it says on the tin.
                      Leave it out Kev.

Get a manager in that can get us safe this season. That is the reality of the goal now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Leave it out Kev.

Get a manager in that can get us safe this season. That is the reality of the goal now.
                        Yep, team currently falling apart. Need someone to steady ship with hope of it better next season.

Comment

Most likely right but they had Amit in their corner and at that time he was crucial. Yes they made their dough but they saved us and ultimately passed us on in a much better shape. We may need them to rescue us again the way this idiot is going about ruining us.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Leave it out Kev.

Not for me mate, never is. Always hope for a massive miracle.
                            I actually like our squad, feels like a warnock side, just horrendously mis managed.

Comment

We can all point out the mis management side but while the chairman backs him we are in the shite as this guy is just hopless in every way a manager can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                I actually like our squad, feels like a warnock side, just horrendously mis managed.
                                Possibly. Set-up is all wrong and plenty are being under utilised while there is a reliance on the same old players that are simply not cutting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X