Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Has it though?

I've been following Rangers for over 25 years now and I'm struggling to think of worse times. Certainly if we are going by the concept that we go to the football to be entertained. I used to look forward to my trips back to UK and always used to plan them around getting in as many QPR games as possible. This season, I have absolutely no desire to make a long and expensive flight back to the UK to catch a handful of games.

Yes, we were a joke during the Briatore era, but at least you could see there was some desire to get better. Things were pretty terrible at the point when Chris Wright decided he'd had enough and forced us into administration. But at least we weren't pretending to be something that we weren't back then. We were a poor side, ran on a shoestring, offering a cheap match day experience. I had a student season ticket at that point and I'm pretty sure it cost about 120 quid.

The problem at the moment is we are serving up utter dross, and still expecting fans to pay upper Championship / lower Premiership prices for tickets. Worse than that, we are being fed the same nonsense by the board week after week, with TF posting tripe about what a good job Ollie is doing and how we need to be patient.

I'm not being funny, but a good few of us on this board, and a lot of other QPR fans that I know called it when Ollie was linked with the job. Limited manager that offered no real improvement on JFH. In fact, it's actually played out even worse than that, Ollie is doing far worse than Jimmy was.

Anyone else remember Les' press statement when Jimmy was sacked? Reasons were that we wanted to be pushing for promotion. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. We've replaced a badly performing manager with a genuinely very poor manager. And as always, it's the fans that suffer, spending their hard earned cash and getting zero value for money out of it week in, week out.
    Well I can only speak for myself on this. I have been going since 1975 and I have definitely known worse times. I don't rate Ollie and was underwhelmed when he was appointed but I can see why he was appointed in the environment we find ourselves in. I think there is a genuine chance we will get sucked into the relegation battle. However, I have enjoyed the home games (as I don't get to many aways) this season far more than last season. We seem to have a team that gives a $hit for starters and we have competed in virtually every home game. We may have left it late to do occasionally so but that in itself is exciting for the crowd at least. We have had an injury crisis in defence and Ollie frustrates me with the lack of width this season (especially given the limited forwards we have that would actually benefit from this width)

I am not a happy clapper (copyright WATRBs) but I do find a parallel universe of forums versus people you talk to at the ground who seem much more sympathetic to our plight.

Comment

Hobby
      Has it though?

I've been following Rangers for over 25 years now and I'm struggling to think of worse times. Certainly if we are going by the concept that we go to the football to be entertained. I used to look forward to my trips back to UK and always used to plan them around getting in as many QPR games as possible. This season, I have absolutely no desire to make a long and expensive flight back to the UK to catch a handful of games.

Yes, we were a joke during the Briatore era, but at least you could see there was some desire to get better. Things were pretty terrible at the point when Chris Wright decided he'd had enough and forced us into administration. But at least we weren't pretending to be something that we weren't back then. We were a poor side, ran on a shoestring, offering a cheap match day experience. I had a student season ticket at that point and I'm pretty sure it cost about 120 quid.

The problem at the moment is we are serving up utter dross, and still expecting fans to pay upper Championship / lower Premiership prices for tickets. Worse than that, we are being fed the same nonsense by the board week after week, with TF posting tripe about what a good job Ollie is doing and how we need to be patient.

I'm not being funny, but a good few of us on this board, and a lot of other QPR fans that I know called it when Ollie was linked with the job. Limited manager that offered no real improvement on JFH. In fact, it's actually played out even worse than that, Ollie is doing far worse than Jimmy was.

Anyone else remember Les' press statement when Jimmy was sacked? Reasons were that we wanted to be pushing for promotion. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. We've replaced a badly performing manager with a genuinely very poor manager. And as always, it's the fans that suffer, spending their hard earned cash and getting zero value for money out of it week in, week out.
      This, especially penultimate para. 54 seasons and I enjoyed our first go at the old first division, when we got mullered most of the time, more than now. Just doesn't feel like QPR at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        It's been far worse than this. Get a grip.
        Absolutely spot on.

Comment

#### me, it's like suicide watch on here sometimes. Have we had worse times or seen worse football? Of course we have! People seem to have short memories. The Ray Harford era was one of unremitting dross for a start. And even though we had the remnants of a top flight squad for a bit, pretty much the whole of the Chris Wright era was depressing, with one #### up after another. People talk about the 'clowns' in charge now, well, Wright was just as bad IMO. False dawns aplenty, farcical, knee-jerk purchases - Vinny Jones - get me Mike Sheron (the most underwhelming signing in terms of what he actually delivered compared to the hype) - I suppose Razor Ruddock was fun.... then leaving us in the lurch - thanks Chris Wrong - and all that followed. I can remember (sadly, I don't know why it's still there in my memory) absolutely awful games like a dire 0-0 at home to Tranmere on a freezing January followed by two home losses to Tranmere in subsequent seasons - Tranmere ####ing Rovers - that make the current era seem positively exciting and full of adventure.

I've said it before, but this is the lot of a football fan. You take the rough with the smooth. I honestly can't see how constant moaning and groaning helps really. Yeah, sure, it's a bit shiite at the moment. Okay. But is it as bad as it's ever been? No.

Comment

i've only supported us since we won promotion from league 1 but i'd say that when we had the likes of bosingwa here was way worse than now imo. at least we have players who work hard and they along with the manager care about the team. i'd rather have what we have now than bosingwa laughing at our relegation whilst picking up a 100k a week again for sure

Comment

It will be even worse when Uncle bungle gives Holloway a 2 year extension at the end of the season,I've taken to watching my local team Dartford in the national league south until this shambles is sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                #### me, it's like suicide watch on here sometimes. Have we had worse times or seen worse football? Of course we have! People seem to have short memories. The Ray Harford era was one of unremitting dross for a start. And even though we had the remnants of a top flight squad for a bit, pretty much the whole of the Chris Wright era was depressing, with one #### up after another. People talk about the 'clowns' in charge now, well, Wright was just as bad IMO. False dawns aplenty, farcical, knee-jerk purchases - Vinny Jones - get me Mike Sheron (the most underwhelming signing in terms of what he actually delivered compared to the hype) - I suppose Razor Ruddock was fun.... then leaving us in the lurch - thanks Chris Wrong - and all that followed. I can remember (sadly, I don't know why it's still there in my memory) absolutely awful games like a dire 0-0 at home to Tranmere on a freezing January followed by two home losses to Tranmere in subsequent seasons - Tranmere ####ing Rovers - that make the current era seem positively exciting and full of adventure.

I've said it before, but this is the lot of a football fan. You take the rough with the smooth. I honestly can't see how constant moaning and groaning helps really. Yeah, sure, it's a bit shiite at the moment. Okay. But is it as bad as it's ever been? No.
                Get what you're saying mate, but I don't remember a time where things were a skewed and as unfair on the fans as they are at the moment.

Yeah, Chris Wright was a disaster start to finish. But at least the fans weren't being taken for mugs with exorbitant prices when we came through all that. I actually enjoyed the early part of Ollie's last reign with the crappy JD Sports shirts and a team put together for peanuts. Yeah, there were blokes out with buckets, and fans buying players for the club. But at least we all pulled together and got through it.

Look at things now. Every fan I know bar Pinkie is fed up with 1 or more of the following: a.) ticket prices, b.) the manager, c.) the board, d.) the performances, c.) the growing disconnect between the club and the fans..........and the list could go on.

The fact is, the years of stupid spending has caught up with us, the board have had enough of chucking their own money into the club, and we are penniless. So what we're left with is the fans paying way over the odds for terrible football because we are still paying off debts for ridiculous financial management by TF and his cronies.

The Holloway appointment and continued patience with him is just the straw that broke the camels back for me. If we end up getting relegated with this squad it would be utterly criminal in my eyes. And unfortunately, I'm starting to see that relegation is a real possibility!
                Last edited by Tarbie; 12-12-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Get what you're saying mate, but I don't remember a time where things were a skewed and as unfair on the fans as they are at the moment.

Yeah, Chris Wright was a disaster start to finish. But at least the fans weren't being taken for mugs with exorbitant prices when we came through all that. I actually enjoyed the early part of Ollie's last reign with the crappy JD Sports shirts and a team put together for peanuts. Yeah, there were blokes out with buckets, and fans buying players for the club. But at least we all pulled together and got through it.

Look at things now. Every fan I know bar Pinkie is fed up with 1 or more of the following: a.) ticket prices, b.) the manager, c.) the board, d.) the performances, c.) the growing disconnect between the club and the fans..........and the list could go on.

The fact is, the years of stupid spending has caught up with us, the board have had enough of chucking their own money into the club, and we are penniless. So what we're left with is the fans paying way over the odds for terrible football because we are still paying off debts for ridiculous financial management by TF and his cronies.

The Holloway appointment and continued patience with him is just the straw that broke the camels back for me. If we end up getting relegated with this squad it would be utterly criminal in my eyes. And unfortunately, I'm starting to see that relegation is a real possibility!
                  I think if you are basing your experience of fans purely on forums it is not representative mate. It is certainly not what I find.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    I think if you are basing your experience of fans purely on forums it is not representative mate. It is certainly not what I find.
                    Haven't been around the ground this season mate, so maybe I'm not getting a good read of the situation. I'm obviously still in touch with a lot of guys that go regular though. All bar none are unhappy, and a good few probably won't renew next season if there isn't a drastic improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by clareranger View Post
                      I am from Clare,on the wild west coast flying the Rss flag.. Paying hard earned money to travel and see that dross.my son goes from Dublin to home games had enough.!
                      Fan of the year right there

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        He's persisting with a system that the squad is unequipped to deal with. Play to the players strengths and then we'll see if they can hack it.
                        What system we don’t play to any system or structure,there is no tactical nous coming through, our only system is when Smith is on and we just lump it forward

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                          If Ollie stays and we have a bad transfer window we are back in the Div 1.

Tony show some ambition or go yes you are a nice guy but we are so far behind now open your farking eyes.
                          My favourite seasons following QPR were in the old 3rd division. Looking forward to it!

Comment

We have had much worse times but all came through it together as a club and supporters. This time I am feeling a bit alienated.Almost as though as a supporter I don't really matter.

Comment

Last time with Ollie we were all in this together - fans, chairman (however inept gianni was) and manager.

Now we have a chairman, a CEO, a DOF and a manager, the fans just simply don't fit. Our views come very low on the list.

I can't see a way to improve morale with the current overly employed set up.
                              Last edited by Awin; 12-12-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

More disconnected now than under Bernie and Flavio as at least we had Amit who was a good middle man. You knew what the other two were about so the fans knew the score. This board is different as all say the right things but none of then deliver or even come close to being in sync with the supporters.

Comment

Working...
                                X