Austin scores again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that the types of signings we can realistically attract and afford won't be coming from the Premier League.
    Unless they are in the youth set-up at a PL club, then we'll sign them and put them in our reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Unless they are in the youth set-up at a PL club, then we'll sign them and put them in our reserves.
      Of course mate. We're pretty good at picking up decent youth players discarded by bigger clubs these days. I was talking more about first teamers. Our hunting ground these days for players who have already played senior football seems to be predominantly League 1 and League 2.

Comment

Of course mate. We're pretty good at picking up decent youth players discarded by bigger clubs these days. I was talking more about first teamers. Our hunting ground these days for players who have already played senior football seems to be predominantly League 1 and League 2.
        To be fair, we did get Scowen on a free when he had offers from the PL

Most likely thing is we'll be getting players from any leagues but just that they will be in the last 6 months of their contracts. Obviously not of the Ozil/Sanchez quality but if a player like Austin was in the last 6 months of his contract, not playing football and doesn't get any offers where he thinks he'll get first team football...we could be on to a winner.

At least until we find out how much they want a week...lol
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

WHU will be front runners in January can't score need forwards watch this space !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
            To be fair, we did get Scowen on a free when he had offers from the PL

Most likely thing is we'll be getting players from any leagues but just that they will be in the last 6 months of their contracts. Obviously not of the Ozil/Sanchez quality but if a player like Austin was in the last 6 months of his contract, not playing football and doesn't get any offers where he thinks he'll get first team football...we could be on to a winner.

At least until we find out how much they want a week...lol
            And it's the last sentence that kills this story dead mate. I'd bet Charlie is on at least 50 bags a week. Whereas I'd guess with the exception of Nedum and Caulker, nobody in our squad earns over 10k a week these days.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              WHU will be front runners in January can't score need forwards watch this space !!
              Decent shout to be fair mate.

Comment

#FourPointsApartInTheMiniLeague

#MadnessToLoanAPlayerThatCouldSendYouDown

Comment

I would eat my right ballock if charlie signs for qpr.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    No need to worry, let's keep this simple. No way is Charlie coming back. More chance of former players Crouch and Ferdinand coming back (as players ) and neither one ever did despite constant speculation and some guaranteed "on the bus" posts in bygone years
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      Sticky this

Ted wants to eat his cat, Hits eats his testis and Hertford throws up
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

the only way he's coming back is if we draw saints at home in the fa cup

Comment

Southampton won't release Austin to a PL club and he ain't going to drop a division.

End of.

Comment

He will come back in his retirement season when 'Arry re-signs him for an obscure Cornwall club and loans him out to us.

Comment

And it's the last sentence that kills this story dead mate. I'd bet Charlie is on at least 50 bags a week. Whereas I'd guess with the exception of Nedum and Caulker, nobody in our squad earns over 10k a week these days.
                              I would say max £15k for players like Smithies but other than him probs £10k yeah.

I've got no expectations Austin would come back. Would be effing glorious though.

All we can get is league one or league two players - but not ones that are performing VERY well as their price tag will be inflated. Foreign players that no one has heard of like Ghoddos but we needed to be quicker in signing him as he's now on quite a few clubs' radar, and youngsters who don't see an avenue in to the first team at their PL club.
                              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                                I would say max £15k for players like Smithies but other than him probs £10k yeah.

I've got no expectations Austin would come back. Would be effing glorious though.

All we can get is league one or league two players - but not ones that are performing VERY well as their price tag will be inflated. Foreign players that no one has heard of like Ghoddos but we needed to be quicker in signing him as he's now on quite a few clubs' radar, and youngsters who don't see an avenue in to the first team at their PL club.
                                The goddos fella is going for 3 mil......
                                Way out of our league.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X