Descision time for TF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macca View Post
    TF if he was going to get rid of IH he would have done by midday Monday, he will keep him on and hope to prove a point, dangerous game he is playing.
    Not sure it is. Not as much as the cycle we've had of incorrect appointments since sacking Warnock. Not saying Holloway is deffo keeping us up, but another rash appointment may not fare better and would likely lead to issues come December 2018. If history has taught us anything.

Pretty sure however, this is is Les' job. To bring players in to the club structure based on a club position not a managers. So the manager becomes more a coach and his changing can be done quicker and with less disruption. So what's wrong with the picture? Think they've employed too many managers when they should be employing coaches, or sack Les and employ managers. Too much half half.

Clement would do well under a DOF, maybe not Les though.

McLaren would be a good short term appointment.

Still don't know how much trouble we are really in? If we lose to Brum, or go into the New Year without another win, then yeah, trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      Not sure it is. Not as much as the cycle we've had of incorrect appointments since sacking Warnock. Not saying Holloway is deffo keeping us up, but another rash appointment may not fare better and would likely lead to issues come December 2018. If history has taught us anything.

Pretty sure however, this is is Les' job. To bring players in to the club structure based on a club position not a managers. So the manager becomes more a coach and his changing can be done quicker and with less disruption. So what's wrong with the picture? Think they've employed too many managers when they should be employing coaches, or sack Les and employ managers. Too much half half.

Clement would do well under a DOF, maybe not Les though.

McLaren would be a good short term appointment.

Still don't know how much trouble we are really in? If we lose to Brum, or go into the New Year without another win, then yeah, trouble.
      I just think it's reached the point where it's very difficult to see Ollie turning things around. Our form is terrible, Ollie looks like the stress is getting to him, the football is rubbish and an overwhelming majority of the fans have had enough. I'm not one for change just for the sake of it, I just think that a new manager might give the place a lift. I also think the players will react to a new face, and a sensible team sheet for once.

Comment

I watched him on Saturday at 1-0 down and could see he had no idea how to get us back into the game. Bright and Pawel finishing the game as wing backs says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
          There were loads of crosses, just not in the right places.
          Not second half there weren't. No one got down the byline. Bidwell once? Pawel once? Both creating chances first half.

Comment

As well as having Non scoring forwards,Our midfield offer little goal threat.
            Bradley sack should have been signed,He's scoring every week for Blackburn from centre midfield,Cost less than a million quid,But Holloway decides to buy bright and wheeler then chooses to play with no width,Should be sacked for that alone.
            Pavel has been ruined because of this clown and if played in his correct position would prove to be a much needed Goal threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernandes Out View Post
              Bradley sack should have been signed,He's scoring every week for Blackburn from centre midfield,Cost less than a million quid,But Holloway decides to buy bright and wheeler then chooses to play with no width,Should be sacked for that alone.
              Pavel has been ruined because of this clown and if played in his correct position would prove to be a much needed Goal threat.
              Bradley Dack I meant.

Comment

Can't disagree with any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  expect for clive (northernR) WHO IS GETTING VERY PALLY PALLY WITH OLD UNCLE LATELY.
                  Is that LFW Clive W? Surely not?

Forgive my ignorance, like I said this is the only R online place I visit. (sadly for this board.....)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Is that LFW Clive W? Surely not?

Forgive my ignorance, like I said this is the only R online place I visit. (sadly for this board.....)
                    yep, the very same.

seems to be invited to more and more podcasts, uncle bungle retweeting him on twitter, plus, our NorthernR Clive, is very much promoting that hollowhead should be kept on.

#towingthepartyline
                    #legsunderthedesk
                    #inbedwithbungle
                    #favours
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

This is our new reality. Strikers who can't strike; midfielders who can set the table but not score; and a manager tinkering with tactics and player selections proven not to work. It's a bummer, given Ollie is someone who you'd like to love, but he's not doing what this club needs now to win.

Comment

But we have goalscorers mate.

Idrissa Sylla has averaged a goal every 160 min on the pitch this season. That means if you started him every game, he'd probably get you 20 plus goals. David Wheeler averages about 1 goal in 4 across his career from the wing (or as an Inside Forward) with a load of assists on top of that. And Matt Smiths goal scoring record off the bench for us is incredible. Pawel even scored 3 goals in his first 10 or 12 games for us.......but he ain't gonna do that again if we keep picking him at Right Back.

Admittedly, our 3 in the middle don't chip in with many, and we could do with another option up top that is a bit more of a goal threat than Washington. But surely a good place to start would be for the manager to actually pick players who are goal threat, and pick them in the correct bloody position!
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 11-12-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I agree mate,But the trick is getting syllable in the team on a regular basis,I'd have wheeler and Pavel on the flanks every week along with Sylla and Smith up top,I've frankly given up with Washington and mackie now.
                          I'd flog Washington and get Eze back from Wycombe as a replacement.
                          I wont be going anymore until Holloway is replaced,His arrogance and stupidity drive me insane,The blokes a #### of the highest order and an embarrassment to my club.

Comment

#inbedwithbungle
                            Thought that was just Zippy and George ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              But we have goalscorers mate.

Idrissa Sylla has averaged a goal every 160 min on the pitch this season. That means if you started him every game, he'd probably get you 20 plus goals. David Wheeler averages about 1 goal in 4 across his career from the wing (or as an Inside Forward) with a load of assists on top of that. And Matt Smiths goal scoring record off the bench for us is incredible. Pawel even scored 3 goals in his first 10 or 12 games for us.......but he ain't gonna do that again if we keep picking him at Right Back.

Admittedly, our 3 in the middle don't chip in with many, and we could do with another option up top that is a bit more of a goal threat than Washington. But surely a good place to start would be for the manager to actually pick players who are goal threat, and pick them in the correct bloody position!
                              Sylla is a cracking striker. Not every striker 'puts a shift in' like a Charlie. Zlatan, Henry, Gary don't work particularly hard they just get themselves in the right places. Sylla does that all the time.

Definitely a fault of old mate in the dugout that he's trying to force square pegs into rounds holes with playing personnel. He's not Pep, we aren't Man City.

IF, he played a first 11 to their strengths we'd all be surprised in their ability i think. Confidence on the pitch can't be high for a Sylla or Wos at the minute.

Comment

yep, the very same.
                                bad news. People kept going on about how sound he was supposed to be......

Comment

Working...
                                X