No announcement yet.

18th August 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to say, I've been coated on here for the better part of 4 years for saying exactly this. Not exactly a 'pessimist' or a 'moaner' now, am I? He's taken us from a largely debt free PL club to fighting FFP and staring League One in the face within 6 years. What's happened to our football club isn't exactly a shocking series of events for some of us.
    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 10-12-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      Sorry Nas, how do you know this? Or is it a guess? All I know is facts. Look at the state of the team. We are getting relegated if the form carries on.

As for the youth, proof will be when the players earn 50 odd appearances so I’m not getting to exited at the minute.
      Yet you criticise the use of stats? Interesting mindset mate, if unsurprising.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        How? How exactly could we be worse off than we currently are?

We were fresh into the Premier League with all the money that brings with a talented manager and a Championship winning squad.

Now were potless with a clueless manager at the bottom of the division below looking at League 1 and zillions in debt. If this isn't worse case scenario tell me what is.
        Have you forgotten the state of this club when we came up? Our summer signings were DJ Campbell and Jay far king Bothrooyd... we had no chance of survival. We lost opening game embarrassingly. You think that Tango and Cash were ever gonna spend after that?
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Have you forgotten the state of this club when we came up? Our summer signings were DJ Campbell and Jay far king Bothrooyd... we had no chance of survival. We lost opening game embarrassingly. You think that Tango and Cash were ever gonna spend after that?
          Did you sleep your way through 2010/11? We had a championship winning sqaud, a squad of players that was more than good enough to have a go at survival.

We're miles off where we were then and to suggest an alternate reality scenario that supports your viewpoint just looks like folly.

Comment

People seriously think we would be an established Premier League club?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              People seriously think we would be an established Premier League club?
              Not saying that, who's said that? and where?

Couldn't see us staring down the barrel of League 1 with a clueless manager playing poor football having spend 250m with FFP hanging over us though.

Comment

Yet you criticise the use of stats? Interesting mindset mate, if unsurprising.
                Completely dodged the question. As per usual.

Never say your stats are wrong, just useless when we are struggling relegation. Which we seem to be every season.
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Let’s not talk about transfer history.. we signed Oscar Gobern not so long ago.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                    Let’s not talk about transfer history.. we signed Oscar Gobern not so long ago.
                    Christ! Oscar Gobern.

Comment

we'd be no better off with Tango and Cash
                      But you're a stats man and their stats were better than Tone's (look at money spent against points accrued and you will find that Uncle has one of the worst records in the history of the game.)

Quite apart from the transfer market, Uncle has presided over some awful, awful decisions in terms of staff appointments. The stats on those don't lie either.

A footnote. JFH's record at Northampton is even worse than it was here (22.7!). So at least we're not the only ones making suicidal appointments.....

Comment

How? How exactly could we be worse off than we currently are?

We were fresh into the Premier League with all the money that brings with a talented manager and a Championship winning squad.

Now were potless with a clueless manager at the bottom of the division below looking at League 1 and zillions in debt. If this isn't worse case scenario tell me what is.
                        Oh the drama !
                        Did you mean to type that ?
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                          Oh the drama !
                          Did you mean to type that ?
                          I love the drama.

Comment

I love the drama.
                            You’re not kidding
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Christ! Oscar Gobern.
                              #rightsort
                              #Rangerslegend
                              #dofleshiddengem
                              #foreverR's
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Whatever happened to Oscar?

Comment