X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18th August 2011

Take yourself back to that day.....

The day Tony Fernandes bought Qpr.

Newly crowned Championship winners Qpr, playing their best football for half a generation, managed by superb schemer Neil Warnock and led by talismanic Adel Taarabt and featuring talents like Alejandro Faurlin, Wayne Routledge, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill.

TV money in the bank, bright future guaranteed.

WTF happened?

Absolute shambles in 6 years.
    Relegated to a #### Championship side. Skint. Passionate manager who is clearly tactically inept. On our way to league 1.

What the #### happened?

Fernandes ####ed us with his mis management and total incompetence as a chairman as shown by keeping our current manager in his job.

Comment

Fernandes really does need to carry the vast majority of the blame for our current situation. Quite why so many can’t see it really baffles me. He’s been an absolute disaster from day one and his incompetent reign certainly feels like it’s ripped the heart and soul out of the place in my honest opinion. Sky high ticket prices and embarrassing football. I really feel he needs to go for us to ever move in the right direction. Failed at caterham and is failing abysmally here

Comment

Thanks, just thought I'd have a read of latest posts before bed, will sleep well now!!!
        Ha ha. Can't disagree with the comments.

Comment

Greg. Fernandes needs to take all the blame as he has overseen the lot of it and still he is ####ing it up by keeping this man in charge and tweeting shite like he loves Ollie and his passion. After 6 years and a bit years as he not worked out you need brains as well.

Comment

Agree 100% mate. We’ve got clowns in every sensible job within the club and the buck stops with him. He hasn’t learnt anything

Comment

Says it all that Holloway is still on the pay roll as I type.

Comment

Its clear now that when he bought the club he had no plan in place following by just flitting from one decision to the next from over spending to disastrous appointments and signings. Clearly no budget plan or no one competent doing the club accounts. Just winging it from day one. Just like Ollie you can be all friendly and come across as a nice guy and a bit of a clown but when it comes to knowing the job you've taken on then it's all completely lacking until its all too late.

Comment

I have questioned Fernandes as a chairman on this board for 3 years or more and will continue to as he is the one behind every bad decision made in the past 6 years.

Comment

shambles from the top downwards

Comment

How can one chairman/owner get so much wrong for so long.

Comment

Incompetence

Comment

9 out of the previous 12 posts in this thread are contributed by 3 people.... Just thought I would point out to those reading without commenting and thinking this is necessarily a majority opinion, this is 3 people agreeing with each other three times each.

As a differing opinion to those 3 people, I'm of the belief that while Fernandes made mistakes, we'd be no better off with Tango and Cash in charge, we'd have gotten relegated in that first prem season and we'd have had an even worse managerial merry go round over the last few years.

We'd have been sold for pennies to someone who won't spend more than pennies to ever try and build us up and we'd have ended up in league one 2 years ago. Some fans would have celebrated us starting from the bottom again.

We're not far away from being a more solid side. We need some changes to the players and staff but you can see - especially at youth level - that some things are changing for the better and this would never have happened were the club not sold in 2011.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            We'd have been sold for pennies to someone who won't spend more than pennies to ever try and build us up and we'd have ended up in league one 2 years ago.
                            Sorry Nas, how do you know this? Or is it a guess? All I know is facts. Look at the state of the team. We are getting relegated if the form carries on.

As for the youth, proof will be when the players earn 50 odd appearances so I’m not getting to exited at the minute.
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

One thing for sure Bernie would have spunked 300 million on rubbish and left us with a 40 odd million ffp fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X