Just got in and concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Because our esteemed Chairman's mantra is 'stability'.
    And so have you Said the same..
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      And so have you Said the same..
      You're right, but only until that 'stability' turns to 'instability', which I think is the point we've now reached!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        You're right, but only until that 'stability' turns to 'instability', which I think is the point we've now reached!
        That`s so true.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

When Ollie gets more than a couple of seasons his win % rises to near the 40% mark. Less than two seasons and it is down in the late 20s. If that suggests we should be a bit more patient it should also be said that Ollies best stats have come earlier in his career. I watch QPR because my 11 year old son is a big fan (I am a lapsed LFC fan that watches non league in the north west). We get to a lot of QPR games home and away and, as someone else said, it strikes me there is a core of decent players (scowen, luongo, freeman) but he needs to improve the overall quality of the team. At Preston he played Wszolek at right back yet he was the only decent crossing option. He made 2 (I think) good crosses which, with Smith on the pitch, was our only realistic route to a goal. Yet Ollie did not push him forward (enough) to make that happen. It seemed the obvious thing to do but he didn't do it. I hope R's pull out of it. Following them with my son, I've grown to love them despite the anti-Northerner songs!!!!!
          Last edited by Scouse-R's; 10-12-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            So what was the excuse before we had a DOF not complicating things and we were changing managers???
            We didn't have a good one for a long time before Warnock.

Comment

The one argument for a DOF which I really don't get at a club like ours is this idea that they retain the culture and style of the club when the manager changes, but the exact opposite is what happens at big clubs where you can argue a DOF has a proper job because of huge squads, worldwide scouting and massive contracts negotiated with agents and brands. The first thing a Mourinho, Conte, Guardiola etc. does is spend big on a couple of players to CHANGE the way the team plays to their methods and style.

Comment

Working...
              X