Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which season did you enjoy the most and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I didn't enjoy the Championship winning season due to the nasty/grasping ways the owners were taking the club with their "boutique" approach.... baffled me even then how folks couldn't see that we were becoming a monstrous club that made CFC look all cuddly and fuzzy. Everyone despised us... Warnock must have been first league winner to not get manager of season.
    The play-off season was pretty dull, aside from Bobby's goal at Wembley I cant remember much about it.
    Getting out of third tier was okay, Probably best season of the 3 but I cant get away from thinking any season in the 70s/80s was a million times better, even late 70s when we were pretty ropey.
    Have to hold my hand up to being a jaded old fart who after 45+ years of support, a lot of it fervent/avid, cant even be bothered to watch us on TV at the moment though..... any opinion of mine will thus be miserable, negative and not helpful to anyone who is still young and keen.
    That’s a sad state of affairs Abs.
    As Samuel Johnson once said, if you’re tired of Rangers you’re tired of life.

Although technically he used the word London instead of Rangers but given no other club in London comes close to the super hoops he may as well have been referring to us.
    The way you’re feeling is exactly the reason why the club need to get their act together on the pitch.
    By that I obviously mean scantily clad cheerleaders before the match and at half time.

There’s always life in an old dog....
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

The season I enjoyed the most, was when Clive Allen, Paul Goddard, Ian Stewart and Macca(God rest his poor soul) entered the stage. Was it in the year of 1978? I did of course enjoy watching us on telly in 75/76, but when my favourite football player, Gordon Hill, came to QPR, it was like the last puzzle in a jigzaw finally fell into place and I had at last(I was fifteen years old,lol) found myself a team which really talked to me and my impression of how football should be played Looking back though; It was no fun knowing that the latter player`s career already was ruined by the time he came here. Sadly, the faboulous winger had done his knee the season before when he was playing for Derby County. Not sure how we fared that season With Dave Sexton and Tommy Docherty in charge, but I think we ended up in the fifth place or something like that.
      Last edited by Shania; 09-12-2017, 03:16 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

66-67, used to sale programmes and sometimes they'd let us sit on the touchline in front of the old wooden Ellerslie stand. As a 10 year old it was all magical
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          You're on a wind up surely with such a comment.
          Of course

It's hard to convey tone, but your first comment seemed a little condescending.

You're right, it was before my time, but your wrong, I do know my history! I don't think there would be many Rangers fans who don't know about THAT season.

Agreed, it was a phenomenal achievement. Even my old man who doesn't care for football remembers the QPR team of the 70's!

In my opinion the 67 cup winning side achieved something very special. A third tier team beating a top tier team in a cup final, coming from behind as well! They also won the league, what a season!

Comment

Working...
          X