Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which season did you enjoy the most and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play off season, final aside, the football was dire. Didn't really enjoy it.

Loved our League One promotion season. Great connection between fans and club. Bit dodgy away from home but we had real characters in the team, had come back from almost extinction and Ollie at his finest.

Our Championship winning season was outstanding at times. Adel ripped teams to shreds on a regular basis but backed up by a team of great pros and led by Warnock. Been pretty **** in the main since then!

Comment

1966-7 wasn't a bad year watching Marsh, Allen snr, the 2 Morgans and Vardy. Also, wait for it................ a 7-1 AWAY WIN. The Rs scored103 goals that season and only conceded 38. Standing up ,fag at half time. With a league cup thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        1966-7 wasn't a bad year watching Marsh, Allen snr, the 2 Morgans and Vardy. Also, wait for it................ a 7-1 AWAY WIN. The Rs scored103 goals that season and only conceded 38. Standing up ,fag at half time. With a league cup thrown in for good measure.
        wow you was there for our last away win?

Comment

75/76 if you were there. Barcelona eat your heart out! Just superb.

Comment

2010-11 is fresh in the memory and the season where we had a proper team that was created by Warnock with Taarabt providing some of the greatest moments any fan could wish to see. Paddy in goal with Hill, Derry Heidar to name a few, Enjoyable entertaining and a very very dominant team that seems just a distant memory now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              2010-11 is fresh in the memory and the season where we had a proper team that was created by Warnock with Taarabt providing some of the greatest moments any fan could wish to see. Paddy in goal with Hill, Derry Heidar to name a few, Enjoyable entertaining and a very very dominant team that seems just a distant memory now.
              ffs, make your mind up man
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  wow you was there for our last away win?
                  Yeh but is was cold in short trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    You've made a glaring omission there! The season no such list would be complete without. You're clearly too young to remember it, but no excuse for not knowing your R's history

1975/76 would top all the above for the simple reason that it's widely acknowledged as the greatest and most entertaining side in our history...as verified by those blessed enough to have witnessed it.
                    Didn't think it was worth mentioning, they only came second.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                      Being the first girlfriend who got away, subsequently stuck in a series of abusive relationships, before being largely unhappily, unsuccessfully married, enduring poor quality, now non existent sex....... Naturally, we fondly remember the 75-76 team.

Comment

some great memories reading this but the seasons and dates are a blur to me now

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                          You're on a wind up surely with such a comment.

We finished runners-up in what is now the Premier League. We were 1 point away from being crowned champions of England. It went right to the wire with Liverpool pipping us to the post on the final game of the season.

Can you imagine that happening today?

To my mind this is by far the club's greatest ever achievement and, to answer the question, was by far the most enjoyable season, if for no other reason than pure entertainment value of that year and for the style, pomp and 'total football' which we played under Dave Sexton, with Bowles, Francis, Thomas, Parkes, Masson, Clement, Givens, Gillard etc all in their prime; not to mention the magnitude of such an achievement for a club of our size.

This was the final table:

Comment

I didn't enjoy the Championship winning season due to the nasty/grasping ways the owners were taking the club with their "boutique" approach.... baffled me even then how folks couldn't see that we were becoming a monstrous club that made CFC look all cuddly and fuzzy. Everyone despised us... Warnock must have been first league winner to not get manager of season.
                            The play-off season was pretty dull, aside from Bobby's goal at Wembley I cant remember much about it.
                            Getting out of third tier was okay, Probably best season of the 3 but I cant get away from thinking any season in the 70s/80s was a million times better, even late 70s when we were pretty ropey.
                            Have to hold my hand up to being a jaded old fart who after 45+ years of support, a lot of it fervent/avid, cant even be bothered to watch us on TV at the moment though..... any opinion of mine will thus be miserable, negative and not helpful to anyone who is still young and keen.

Comment

66/67 and 75/76
                              And before Westy chips in yes, old. Privileged to have seen those seasons. Warnock's season was brilliant too - expecting a win everywhere we went.
                              Last edited by Alanwycombe; 09-12-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Too young for 70s stuff so Warnock season for me. Was such a weird feeling winning most weeks. Gotta really enjoy these moments as they are so rare with QPR.

Comment

Working...
                                X