Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which season did you enjoy the most and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which season did you enjoy the most and why?

1: The season we got promoted back to the Championship
    2: The season we won the Championship
    3: The season we won the play-off

Strangely enough, of recent seasons I enjoyed 2011-12 most. Trying to stay up and finally succeeding was exciting. It was a knife edge all season and great fun.

Comment

our first season back in the championship is up there for me as it was my first season supporting qpr, before that i supported chelsea but switched teams to qpr when i was like 10 or 11 coz i didn't wanna follow a moneybags team, ironic really lol. otherwise it'd be the season we won the championship coz the feeling round the club was amazing.

i liked last season too as it was my first season ticket so i got to witness our spectacular f ups first hand

Comment

Out of those 3 it has to be the season we won the Championship. Possibly the last time we had a team that I would have bet on winning most matches.

Comment

Easily the season we got promoted back to the Championship , the bond between the players and the fans was amazing ,culminating in that mad trip to Wednesday ,one of my favourite away trips in nigh on 40 years of attending matches.
          the Championship winning season was great .but was tarnished with the possible points deduction .
          the Championship play off season was pretty boring except for the day out at Wembley.

But 86 was probably my favourite season ever ( even though we were spanked at Wembley )
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Out of those it has to be the championship winning season. The football was just sublime to watch most of the time and Adel that season was worth the admission fee alone. Even with his tantrums. Just the whole drama and theatre of the whole season start to finish was like a movie in itself. Also the way the season wound up with us winning at Watford and every paper and news report about us not giving us any credit for the great football we had played. Instead all they could do was to give us hell about Faurlingate and how they were all so sure we would be deducted points and miss out on automatic promotion. Getting off the tube at Shepherds Bush Market against Leeds on the last day and walking to the pub all quiet, all subdued faces. Felt like a relegation game. And then all of a sudden massive cheers everywhere. People looking puzzled and asking what was going on. And then the realisation of the announcement that there were to be no points deduction. Turn the music up, start the party we had definitely been promoted as champions. Fantastic scenes outside the ground and it felt like how i imagined it would as a child winning things. Just pure joy. The Leeds result didn't matter one bit as it was party time. And to see the relief on EVERYONE'S faces was a joy to watch. So good they made a film about it.

Ok I'll calm down now

Comment

Of the 3 mentioned, the season we won the championship, but my favourite seasons were 73/74, when Bowles and co were just magic finishing second to Burnley in the 2nd division and 75/76 when our little club was sometimes unplayable.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

03/04 for me. Never ever want to go back to that sh!t league. That season everyone felt together, fans/players/management. We didn't win the title but it damn sure felt like it did. Plus we got a parade.
                2010/11 was some of the best football I've ever seen us play, but for me it was marred by the Faurlin saga.
                I enjoyed the season we won the playoffs and will never forget that day out at Wembley, but for me it doesn't come close to the feeling throughout 03/04.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  Easily the season we got promoted back to the Championship , the bond between the players and the fans was amazing ,culminating in that mad trip to Wednesday ,one of my favourite away trips in nigh on 40 years of attending matches.
                  the Championship winning season was great .but was tarnished with the possible points deduction .
                  the Championship play off season was pretty boring except for the day out at Wembley.

But 86 was probably my favourite season ever ( even though we were spanked at Wembley )
                  Agree 100%. The trip up to Wednesday was mega and the whole season was just epic. Proper atmospheres then

Comment

Same. I didn't get to Wednesday but watching the beamback with 7,000 QPR fans was epic!

Comment

Promotion season from league 1 just edges it over the championship title winning season for me.
                      The recent seasons we’ve had in the premier league don’t come close to those two imo.
                      Loved our first season back in the top flight under Venables. Other fans harped on about the advantage of our plastic pitch but we played teams off the park away from home too. 2-0 to us at Highbury is etched in the memory. I was just as much in awe of our fans who tried to run the North bank as I was of the likes of Roeder, Waddock, Stainrod, Stewart etc running the show on the pitch.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                        Which season did you enjoy the most and why?

1: The season we got promoted back to the Championship
                        2: The season we won the Championship
                        3: The season we won the play-off
                        You've made a glaring omission there! The season no such list would be complete without. You're clearly too young to remember it, but no excuse for not knowing your R's history

1975/76 would top all the above for the simple reason that it's widely acknowledged as the greatest and most entertaining side in our history...as verified by those blessed enough to have witnessed it.

Comment

Gotta agree with most of you on here. That promotion season back to the championship was fantastic. I was in Australia most of the previous season, so I missed the play-off final in Cardiff, and I'm kind of glad I did. And secretly I was glad because I didn't want to miss us getting promoted! So being at Hillsborough next season was incredible, I don't think I've experienced camaraderie like it, and that continued into the open bus parade, standing on the balcony of the Bushranger, happy days! In fact those Bushranger years were all so much fun, but also, a bit of a blur!

But I think my favourite season was, like others in this thread, the 2011 promotion season, because we were so damn good and Adel was in his pomp. Man alive, I enjoyed that season so much, culminating in a massive singing session at the Defectors Weld, so loud the punters on the Green were walking past in shock, hugging Mick Jones in the tiny beer garden and then on the tube home from Shepherds Bush a whole bunch of us hammering on the doors and windows, singing at the top f our lungs. Special times. For me, unlike you Vesps, the possible points deduction just added to the intensity of the drama, and gave the final home game v Leeds and incredible spice. I remember the moment the word came round that the no points would be deducted. I was standing on the corner of Shepherds Bush green looking down the Uxbridge Road and I saw this wave of people in blue and white hoops leaping in the air as far as I could see!

I think maybe my third top season strangely might be the one we went down to the 1st or whatever it's called now. Simply because we were right on the edge at that point, and the bonding under Olly, 'we are a tribe and this is our cave' was something else. I really felt part of the Rangers family then, like never before and certainly hardly ever since. I also enjoyed going to those old grounds with terraces again, I think Bury away was our first game that season and I went up with a few mates. It felt real.

So that's my top three:

1. 2010/2011
                          2. 2003/2004
                          3. 2001/2002

Comment

For me the championship winning season. The league 1 promotion was great and agree with points above. But, in terms of the football, that side with Adel, Derry, Heidur has everything. The unbeaten run was fantastic. Team had the skillls and also tremendous work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              You've made a glaring omission there! The season no such list would be complete without. You're clearly too young to remember it, but no excuse for not knowing your R's history

1975/76 would top all the above for the simple reason that it's widely acknowledged as the greatest and most entertaining side in our history...as verified by those blessed enough to have witnessed it.
                              Totally agree Stan, As a 16 year old, I went to about 30 odd games that season, a tragedy one of the best English footballing teams for many a year did not win the league, but, I still say 73/74 was brilliant too.

Oh, to have those days back today.
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                              X