Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ned is back....Perch and Hall too

Originally Posted by West Acton
    Where I would agree with you is he needs to get this view out his head that he’s a ball playing CB as for me that’s where most of his incidents with him occur when he gets caught with it, but as a simple defender tackling, heading and clearing lines he’s pretty good.

Ned if your reading stop playing out and 99% of your problems will vanish
    Good shout to be fair mate.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Blog Entries

Where I would agree with you is he needs to get this view out his head that he’s a ball playing CB as for me that’s where most of his incidents with him occur when he gets caught with it, but as a simple defender tackling, heading and clearing lines he’s pretty good.

Problems for him occur in possession when nobody shows for the ball, that's when he delays sometimes and loses it.
    The QPR GOALS Competition

This Season. 10 Prizes of the SAVVY card game www.savvygames.co.uk

All QPR fans welcome. Join up/Join in anytime!

Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence

3. Default

Originally Posted by Olly
    Problems for him occur in possession when nobody shows for the ball, that's when he delays sometimes and loses it.
    I know then panics and tries carrying through opposition. Should just go back to keeper and start again as tho I majority would prefer that then getting caught and put on back foot

Originally Posted by MattyRangers
    Canít even believe thereís people that wouldnít have him in our starting 11 tbh.
    Why canít you believe it?

Iím not saying heís our worst defender or our best but heís been at fault for quite a few goals in the past and that surely makes you vulnerable to be dropped.

Holloway clearly likes him so it seems when heís fit heíll play and yes our results have been decent lately with him in the side but you canít keep making mistakes and getting away with it. Surely

Originally Posted by Bigdave
    Why can’t you believe it?

I’m not saying he’s our worst defender or our best but he’s been at fault for quite a few goals in the past and that surely makes you vulnerable to be dropped.

Holloway clearly likes him so it seems when he’s fit he’ll play and yes our results have been decent lately with him in the side but you can’t keep making mistakes and getting away with it. Surely
    If you look at the points we've picked up with Ned in the side against points picked up without him, it's a pretty compelling argument for him to start when fit. I'm not saying on individual merit he's the best centre half that we have, he isn't, I'm not even sure he's the 2nd best. But his overall influence on the team is clearly a positive one and we pick up far more points when he plays.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Thing is though Wests, sometimes he does go on runs from the oppo's half which have been really good and have resulted in good chances.

Should just go back to keeper and start again
    But he already does that a helluva a lot. I think his weaknesses are more to do with concentration lapses and errors of judgement. I agree with you on what his strengths are though.

7. Default

Old bob hazel used to manage it well, his steaming runs he used to go on, but i even wince when ned plays a straight pass, like yesterday, how many times did he play a straight forward pass & he pretty much over hit most of them, resulting in our player miscontrolling it, and it coming straight back, agree with westy he needs to just concentrate on defending.

Blog Entries

Why canít you believe it?

Iím not saying heís our worst defender or our best but heís been at fault for quite a few goals in the past and that surely makes you vulnerable to be dropped.

Holloway clearly likes him so it seems when heís fit heíll play and yes our results have been decent lately with him in the side but you canít keep making mistakes and getting away with it. Surely
    You can't ignore that since he came back from injury our results have improved.
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

Matt Smith - 6
    Conor Washington - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Massimo Luongo - 2
    Jack Robinson - 2
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1
    Paul Smyth - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1

January Transfers 2018

IN
    Eberiche Eze (loan return), Matt Ingram (loan return)

OUT
    Steven Caulker, Yeni Ngbakoto, Sean Goss (loan), Joe Lumley (loan), Reece Grego-Cox, Michael Petrasso, Brandon Comley.

Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    You can't ignore that since he came back from injury our results have improved.
    I said in my post that results have improved since he’s returned and I honestly don’t think he’s that bad I just don’t think he’s that good either

But it’s all about opinions

Blog Entries

I said in my post that results have improved since he’s returned and I honestly don’t think he’s that bad I just don’t think he’s that good either

But it’s all about opinions
    He's not the best defender in the world, I'll give you that.
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

Matt Smith - 6
    Conor Washington - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Massimo Luongo - 2
    Jack Robinson - 2
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1
    Paul Smyth - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1

January Transfers 2018

IN
    Eberiche Eze (loan return), Matt Ingram (loan return)

OUT
    Steven Caulker, Yeni Ngbakoto, Sean Goss (loan), Joe Lumley (loan), Reece Grego-Cox, Michael Petrasso, Brandon Comley.

For me, Ned just doesn't look comfortable with the ball. Not saying he's a bad player but I just get really nervous when he has possession. Can't see him ever being more than a Championship player.
    "To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night out and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would not have been the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have a coffee." - Ian Holloway.

Blog Entries

Don't think anybody is saying he is a world beater, but we are a lower Championship side and he is more than adequate for where we are. Given our other CB options, he is a guaranteed started IMO (which is what I meant in my above comment about I can't believe people wouldn't start him - who would you start instead?).
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Originally Posted by MattyRangers
    Don't think anybody is saying he is a world beater, but we are a lower Championship side and he is more than adequate for where we are. Given our other CB options, he is a guaranteed started IMO (which is what I meant in my above comment about I can't believe people wouldn't start him - who would you start instead?).

14. Default

Originally Posted by Olly
    This. Onuha's biggest weakness (IMO) is the panic he has when he gets closed down from holding onto the ball.

I really rate Perch. Think him returning will be a massive boost to our defence.