One of the first things I would do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the first things I would do...

is to introduce bonus structure for every player (Playing or subs).

Bonus for keeping a clean sheet and scoring a goal.

Every new player or contract should have one of those in it.

Hmmm. Food for thought but I should think that would make it very difficult to budget, especially in these times of FFP. Clubs would potentially be reluctant to spend money just in case they were successful on the pitch.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

most players already have that in their contracts i imagine, especially at a penny pinching club like ours. its something thats always been a case in football manager so they probably take inspiration from actual negotiations

Comment

One of the first things I would do...put players in their right positions in a playable formation

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          is to introduce bonus structure for every player (Playing or subs).

Perhaps it does.

Comment

Sounds llke a great idea to me, cant think why nobody hasn't thought of that before.

Comment

The players would all be shouting "Ollie Out" quicker than the fans if they're losing money at that rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Sounds llke a great idea to me, cant think why nobody hasn't thought of that before.
                DOH

Comment

Every club does it, even as far down as the paid sunday leagues.

Comment

If players got a bonus for goals scored, they’d all start getting greedy in and around the box, trying to boost their wages.
                    Let’s face it though, wouldn’t cost the owners very much as we’d have 10 players blazing over the bar instead of the usual two.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                      If players got a bonus for goals scored, they’d all start getting greedy in and around the box, trying to boost their wages.
                      They do and they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        They do and they do.
                        John Fashanu getting a grand (iirc) a goal off Sam Hamman...and you could see it

Comment

I think the bonuses at the moment are for running around a lot and badge thumping.

Comment

Redcrapp used to bet his forwards whether they'd get so many goals, heard £20,000 in one case

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              One of the first things I would do is to introduce bonus structure for every player (Playing or subs).

This has been standard practice for decades, hasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X