Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crystal Palace

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    We got 13,000 in a west London derby last week 2,500 of those Brentford.

No new or modified stadium required Im afraid.
    jimmy's right , worry about filling LR , than building a new stadium that won't even be half full

The Ski Slopes and Dive Sites of the World
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Rangerod
    Maybe we could lower the pitch too then no? Would not need to build higher.
    I asked this question many moons ago to a former stadium manager, he informed me that there is an underground river that would make it difficult.

I have looked on line and wiki has a map of London underground rivers and one runs south from the Scrubs and presumably right by the ground through to Hammersmith.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subt...und_rivers.jpg
    I have supported Rangers for 49 seasons.

Only way to keep our home is to buy all the houses on Ellerslie and little Loftus Rd. Their gardens and houses are about 75m back to front.

5. Default

At some point LR will become too embarrassing and unfit for purpose to stay in. Only question is when do we grasp the nettle and do something about it. It already has unacceptable comfort and legroom cos there are too many rows/seats shoe-horned into it so the idea of somehow expanding LR is fanciful and daft.
    I think there are only two alternatives: evolve into a perennial third division team averaging 10K attendances that are comfortably housed in LR or build a modern 21st century ground with 25K good seats to facilitate an upwardly mobile club. Currently, the club seems to be vigorously pursuing the first option whilst spewing the odd bit of hot air about the latter option.

6. Default

Originally Posted by LoftusRoadLad
    Only way to keep our home is to buy all the houses on Ellerslie and little Loftus Rd. Their gardens and houses are about 75m back to front.
    I think I remember we owned them once in the past. I was only a kid so may be wrong.