Crystal Palace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Palace

Can't remember does selhurst park stand on more ground than L R they are planing ground development building five story stands to take capacity upwards to 35k if we went higher surely we could achieve that

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Can't remember does selhurst park stand on more ground than L R they are planing ground development building five story stands to take capacity upwards to 35k if we went higher surely we could achieve that
    in the 80's they had over 50,000, much bigger than LR
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

We cant because of the restriction of light to residential properties surrounding HQ. As the houses back straight on HQ this would never gain planning permission and would immediately gain objections from residents. There wouldn't be enough space to build deeper stands as the gardens are within feet of the back of the stands
      Last edited by qprjeff1882; 05-12-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Although there are residential roads on three sides of the ground, the other side is a car park so probably a bit more room there

Comment

We got 13,000 in a west London derby last week 2,500 of those Brentford.

No new or modified stadium required Im afraid.

Comment

never been to selhurst, heck i've only been to around 10 stadiums give or take so i don't have much to compare our ground too but of all the grounds i've been too LR is defo the most denseley packed together its very compact so i don't think we'd be able to increase the size or space of the ground. my missus summed up LR and the madejski quite funnily "you have a crappy mobile fish and chip shop and they have a farken jazz bar!"

Comment

Never mind their attendance. Their vocal support is possibly the best in the country right now, for home fans.

Comment

Worth remembering selhurst park pitch is dug down too which would Helen with stands.

Comment

The there scary ultras need more room to wave their flags and the balloons need more air
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Maybe we could lower the pitch too then no? Would not need to build higher.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Worth remembering selhurst park pitch is dug down too which would Helen with stands.
                      I beg your pardon?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        I beg your pardon?
                        Its rasta for help, me go a tell him westy!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          We got 13,000 in a west London derby last week 2,500 of those Brentford.

No new or modified stadium required Im afraid.
                          Fair point but Holloway won't be in charge of fooking up team selections forever.

Comment

I really like Craapstal Palorse threads. Keep them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
                              Maybe we could lower the pitch too then no? Would not need to build higher.
                              Stands already tight to pitch, so no go there!

Comment

Working...
                              X