A question for #OllieOut brigade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Significantly better stats than Wollie. Would surely be a massive upgrade?
    Karanka would possibly be the worst appointment this football club has made and yes he really is that bad fact
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Karanka would possibly be the worst appointment this football club has made and yes he really is that bad fact
      Don't particularly have a view on Karanka but virtually anything would be an improvement on what we have. I'd take a garden gnome dressed in a tracksuit.

Comment

Kind of for fun look at who is available (and almost available). And this is only a tiny %.

Many of these wouldn't come anywhere near us, but if we were prepared to offer a degree of control and a realistic transfer policy, then some of them might pop by for a chinwag.

Montela, Koeman, Guidolin, Ismael (young manager sacked by Wolfsburg but has a very decent ppm record) Bilic, Enrique, Pulis, Nigel Pearson*, Tuschel, Garcia, Jens Keller, Blanc, de Boer, Carrillo.... and that is just a sample. All the above bar Pulis have a PPM of >1.6. The problem with PPM is factoring in quality of opposition, but I reckon most of that lot could handle themselves at championship level at least.

* = under contract abroad

Finally young Graham Potter looks like he could be one for the future. Anyone who says quality gaffers are thin on the ground is simply wrong. The problem is that QPR are thin on the ground, but we must start getting appointments right.

Comment

Really wouldn’t want Pulis and Gerry’s had his day, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            2 games lol don't be ridiculous.

#rolling1gamecontract
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Stick with Wollie and real risk is we will be looking for a manager to get us back to the Championship next season. Look at his record since coming back. Pretty much relegation form. Finding it difficult to see how we could do much worse.
              Agreed, and his record since coming back is relegation form.

Grayson or Karanka would imo do a better job than Hollowhead.

As for those blaming the players, yes blame the likes of Mackie and Washington for their lack of goals and good attacking play, but it is nonsense to blame the squad that at not being selected to play to their strengths. The likes of Sylla and Smith need wingers like Wyzsolek to provide the crosses into the box.

There were 6 wingers in the squad plus Freeman who is capable of playing the role, but how many times have they started games in their positions with those 2 strikers as their targets? The squad is geared for a 4-4-2 system.

As Hal says, there are plenty of managers out there who could at least be tempted to come to QPR on a short term deal if that is what they ask for, but sticking with Hollowhead could be a disaster that sees him taking QPR back to the third tier again.
              Last edited by stanistheman; 06-12-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Surely Sky or BT have got some more has- beens lurking about.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                  The fact we have a DOF will make us unattractive to most seasoned English managers, like Pulis etc. I think we should look to Italy, Spain or Portugal - managers from those countries are more at ease with having a DOF around.

However, I am afraid the problem isn't first of all Holloway. The problem is the squad - it is simply not better than bottom half of the Championship. It takes a very, very good manager to turn the fortune around. I would prefer to stick with Holloway till the end of the season (even though I know it isn't risk free) - we will find it difficult to identify a very good manager in December. I am afraid a new appointment now will happen in a rush with a very uncertain outcome. However, if I was TF and LF I would start to look around already now, with the aim of an appointment by the end of the season.
                  Pulis is a taffy 😉
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    The fact we have a DOF will make us unattractive to most seasoned English managers, like Pulis etc. I think we should look to Italy, Spain or Portugal - managers from those countries are more at ease with having a DOF around.

However, I am afraid the problem isn't first of all Holloway. The problem is the squad - it is simply not better than bottom half of the Championship. It takes a very, very good manager to turn the fortune around. I would prefer to stick with Holloway till the end of the season (even though I know it isn't risk free) - we will find it difficult to identify a very good manager in December. I am afraid a new appointment now will happen in a rush with a very uncertain outcome. However, if I was TF and LF I would start to look around already now, with the aim of an appointment by the end of the season.
                    I agree that the squad players we have are lower championship , Ollie insists on playing formations that are above their limitations and that's where I disagree with bringing in your choice of managers because they will more than likely want to play the same formations .
                    But I do think the rest of what say about Ollie's replacement the club should be looking now for a June appointment makes sense but we know QPR make their signings in last minute dash

Comment

Did I hear Uncle used to manage a pub team back in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        the squad players we have are lower championship
                        Disagree. Play players in their correct position in the correct formation and we're easily an upper half team, even top 10 IMO.

Ollie insists on playing formations that are above their limitations
                        Agree.

bringing in your (QPROslo) choice of managers, will more than likely want to play the same formations.
                        Disagree. Many foreign coaches use conventional wingers instead of WBs.

about Ollie's replacement, the club should be looking now for a June appointment
                        Agree.

Comment

Too much is paid to players played out of position Stan it's not as tho they are asked to play in goal or a 5'7"asked to play c/f or c/h wzos should be able to play w/b he has but he's just not good enough there but if you have nobody else ! True he's better elsewhere , I've said before I've seen Mackie play r/b aswell as c/f no fuss made , now I'm not saying it's right to ask a C/f to play at W/b if you have a W/b available , but I'm reiterating that a lot of the players are incapable of making a fist of helping out in other positions and no better than average in what they call their right position , plus some of our squad might be good enough but just won't let themselves be or just won't be

Comment

Don't particularly have a view on Karanka but virtually anything would be an improvement on what we have. I'd take a garden gnome dressed in a tracksuit.
                            yes .....but would you take Timmy

Comment

Too much is paid to players played out of position Stan it's not as tho they are asked to play in goal or a 5'7"asked to play c/f or c/h wzos should be able to play w/b he has but he's just not good enough there but if you have nobody else ! True he's better elsewhere , I've said before I've seen Mackie play r/b aswell as c/f no fuss made , now I'm not saying it's right to ask a C/f to play at W/b if you have a W/b available , but I'm reiterating that a lot of the players are incapable of making a fist of helping out in other positions and no better than average in what they call their right position , plus some of our squad might be good enough but just won't let themselves be or just won't be
                              You're over-complicating it dogs. Just play players in their right position in the first place and you'll get soo much more out of them. Nobody is arguing that they're incapable of playing in different positions when needed, but that simply misses the point because it's not necessary to do so to begin with. Furthermore, it's not only that, it's also his stubborn insistence on using WBs when clearly that approach has failed because we have none at the club.

These exact same points are getting repeated endlessly now mate. If you still can't see what's so blindingly clear to many, then I give up lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                You're over-complicating it dogs. Just play players in their right position in the first place and you'll get soo much more out of them. Nobody is arguing that they're incapable of playing in different positions when needed, but that simply misses the point because it's not necessary to do so to begin with. Furthermore, it's not only that, it's also his stubborn insistence on using WBs when clearly that approach has failed because we have none at the club.

These exact same points are getting repeated endlessly now mate. If you still can't see what's so blindingly clear to many, then I give up lol!
                                Stan Stan I agree with every word of what you've just posted but how do we know he's got anybody else to play there or hes just having a look to see what they can do , but I have said many times this 3-5-2 or 1-1 doesn't suit what we've got as well as I always prefer the 4-4-2
                                Last edited by dogsrrs; 06-12-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X