Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82

Thread: A question for #OllieOut brigade

  1. Default

    Originally Posted by bakes8
    Mazzari, Karanka, Guidolin.....
    Good shout on karanka, then maybe we get back our best player that he said to watch out for dangerman wise, gladwin

  2. #32

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pinkie
    Good shout on karanka, then maybe we get back our best player that he said to watch out for dangerman wise, gladwin
    Significantly better stats than Wollie. Would surely be a massive upgrade?

  3. Default

    The fact we have a DOF will make us unattractive to most seasoned English managers, like Pulis etc. I think we should look to Italy, Spain or Portugal - managers from those countries are more at ease with having a DOF around.

    However, I am afraid the problem isn't first of all Holloway. The problem is the squad - it is simply not better than bottom half of the Championship. It takes a very, very good manager to turn the fortune around. I would prefer to stick with Holloway till the end of the season (even though I know it isn't risk free) - we will find it difficult to identify a very good manager in December. I am afraid a new appointment now will happen in a rush with a very uncertain outcome. However, if I was TF and LF I would start to look around already now, with the aim of an appointment by the end of the season.

  4. #34

    Default

    Originally Posted by QPROslo
    The fact we have a DOF will make us unattractive to most seasoned English managers, like Pulis etc. I think we should look to Italy, Spain or Portugal - managers from those countries are more at ease with having a DOF around.

    However, I am afraid the problem isn't first of all Holloway. The problem is the squad - it is simply not better than bottom half of the Championship. It takes a very, very good manager to turn the fortune around. I would prefer to stick with Holloway till the end of the season (even though I know it isn't risk free) - we will find it difficult to identify a very good manager in December. I am afraid a new appointment now will happen in a rush with a very uncertain outcome. However, if I was TF and LF I would start to look around already now, with the aim of an appointment by the end of the season.
    Stick with Wollie and real risk is we will be looking for a manager to get us back to the Championship next season. Look at his record since coming back. Pretty much relegation form. Finding it difficult to see how we could do much worse.

  5. #35

    Default

    Lots of names thrown around, nice to speculate but I don't think this is a very attractive job for any of them for multiple reasons but dare to dream!
    @gatorTFC

  6. #36

    Default

    More to point would Jose have time to turn the dross we've got into a discaplined unit capable of supporting the five good players we've got

  7. #37

    Default

    Originally Posted by FurtiveFox
    Stick with Wollie and real risk is we will be looking for a manager to get us back to the Championship next season. Look at his record since coming back. Pretty much relegation form. Finding it difficult to see how we could do much worse.
    A few more defeats on the spin mate and he could drop below a point a game in terms of his record since returning. Make no mistake, that's relegation form. He needs to pull something special out of the bag in the next few games, or he needs to pack his bags and go!
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  8. Default

    Graham Alexander or Simon Grayson

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,705
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by QPRHoop
    Seriously can’t believe people are saying Pulis. As mentioned on a previous thread a few weeks ago he would never come here due to the massive drop in salary and, even if he did, I would love to see this forum after a few months of drossball.
    A few months? I'd give it 2 games max before the hashtags and nicknames start
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Connor Washington- 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    Massimo Luongo - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN


    OUT

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Romford, ok someone has to.
    Posts
    883

    Default

    I would love to know Holloway’s first choice 11 if everyone was fit, not sure he even knows it or what formation we would play, I personally think a top number 2 would be a better move atm, Francis or Mc Claren would do me

  11. Default

    There are plenty of candidates.

    The big problem is who would actually come. I think we could do a lot worse than Nigel Pearson, good record here and abroad, sorts out a decent system, good signings record, wants to come back, but I just couldn't see him working under Les. Same applies re Pulis. Why would anyone with a decent record get into bed with an unproven dof under a chairman whose record is woeful, for all his enthusiasm?

    Ollie was desperate to redeem his managerial reputation, fair play, but the appointment was made for all the wrong reasons. Sentiment wins nothing. Be very interesting to find out who was rejected in favour of Ollie, could be that decent candidates weren't falling over themselves to get here. That still doesn't excuse the appointment. They'd have done better to wait until someone worthwhile could be enticed.

    A big point people miss in all this is that managers have to earn respect, and Ollie's achievements in recent years don't exactly demand that. But without it, the dressing room goes, and as we know once that happens its all over. Warnock had respect, but I wouldn't blame him if he never bothered coming here again, even as an away manager.

  12. #42

    Default

    Its obvious who the next so called manager will be its got to be Timmy Ferdinands mate and he is desperate

  13. #43

    Default

    Now that GF has left WBA Ollie needs help and should get him up at sipson

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,705
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Bill
    Its obvious who the next so called manager will be its got to be Timmy Ferdinands mate and he is desperate
    Not even I could see a positive if that happened. I'll be firmly in the #timmyout camp from day 1 unless he sends us on a winning streak and has us competing again...
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Connor Washington- 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    Massimo Luongo - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN


    OUT

  15. #45

    Default

    Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    A few months? I'd give it 2 games max before the hashtags and nicknames start
    2 games lol don't be ridiculous.

    #rolling1gamecontract
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •