Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Mazzari, Karanka, Guidolin.....
    Good shout on karanka, then maybe we get back our best player that he said to watch out for dangerman wise, gladwin
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Good shout on karanka, then maybe we get back our best player that he said to watch out for dangerman wise, gladwin
      Significantly better stats than Wollie. Would surely be a massive upgrade?

Comment

The fact we have a DOF will make us unattractive to most seasoned English managers, like Pulis etc. I think we should look to Italy, Spain or Portugal - managers from those countries are more at ease with having a DOF around.

However, I am afraid the problem isn't first of all Holloway. The problem is the squad - it is simply not better than bottom half of the Championship. It takes a very, very good manager to turn the fortune around. I would prefer to stick with Holloway till the end of the season (even though I know it isn't risk free) - we will find it difficult to identify a very good manager in December. I am afraid a new appointment now will happen in a rush with a very uncertain outcome. However, if I was TF and LF I would start to look around already now, with the aim of an appointment by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          The fact we have a DOF will make us unattractive to most seasoned English managers, like Pulis etc. I think we should look to Italy, Spain or Portugal - managers from those countries are more at ease with having a DOF around.

However, I am afraid the problem isn't first of all Holloway. The problem is the squad - it is simply not better than bottom half of the Championship. It takes a very, very good manager to turn the fortune around. I would prefer to stick with Holloway till the end of the season (even though I know it isn't risk free) - we will find it difficult to identify a very good manager in December. I am afraid a new appointment now will happen in a rush with a very uncertain outcome. However, if I was TF and LF I would start to look around already now, with the aim of an appointment by the end of the season.
          Stick with Wollie and real risk is we will be looking for a manager to get us back to the Championship next season. Look at his record since coming back. Pretty much relegation form. Finding it difficult to see how we could do much worse.

Comment

Lots of names thrown around, nice to speculate but I don't think this is a very attractive job for any of them for multiple reasons but dare to dream!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

More to point would Jose have time to turn the dross we've got into a discaplined unit capable of supporting the five good players we've got

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Stick with Wollie and real risk is we will be looking for a manager to get us back to the Championship next season. Look at his record since coming back. Pretty much relegation form. Finding it difficult to see how we could do much worse.
                A few more defeats on the spin mate and he could drop below a point a game in terms of his record since returning. Make no mistake, that's relegation form. He needs to pull something special out of the bag in the next few games, or he needs to pack his bags and go!

Comment

Graham Alexander or Simon Grayson

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                    Seriously can’t believe people are saying Pulis. As mentioned on a previous thread a few weeks ago he would never come here due to the massive drop in salary and, even if he did, I would love to see this forum after a few months of drossball.
                    A few months? I'd give it 2 games max before the hashtags and nicknames start
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I would love to know Holloway’s first choice 11 if everyone was fit, not sure he even knows it or what formation we would play, I personally think a top number 2 would be a better move atm, Francis or Mc Claren would do me

Comment

There are plenty of candidates.

The big problem is who would actually come. I think we could do a lot worse than Nigel Pearson, good record here and abroad, sorts out a decent system, good signings record, wants to come back, but I just couldn't see him working under Les. Same applies re Pulis. Why would anyone with a decent record get into bed with an unproven dof under a chairman whose record is woeful, for all his enthusiasm?

Ollie was desperate to redeem his managerial reputation, fair play, but the appointment was made for all the wrong reasons. Sentiment wins nothing. Be very interesting to find out who was rejected in favour of Ollie, could be that decent candidates weren't falling over themselves to get here. That still doesn't excuse the appointment. They'd have done better to wait until someone worthwhile could be enticed.

A big point people miss in all this is that managers have to earn respect, and Ollie's achievements in recent years don't exactly demand that. But without it, the dressing room goes, and as we know once that happens its all over. Warnock had respect, but I wouldn't blame him if he never bothered coming here again, even as an away manager.

Comment

Its obvious who the next so called manager will be its got to be Timmy Ferdinands mate and he is desperate

Comment

Now that GF has left WBA Ollie needs help and should get him up at sipson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Its obvious who the next so called manager will be its got to be Timmy Ferdinands mate and he is desperate
                              Not even I could see a positive if that happened. I'll be firmly in the #timmyout camp from day 1 unless he sends us on a winning streak and has us competing again...
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                A few months? I'd give it 2 games max before the hashtags and nicknames start
                                2 games lol don't be ridiculous.

#rolling1gamecontract
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X