Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: The Post-Mackie era begins

  1. #31

    Default

    Originally Posted by Itsonlyagame

    He scored 9 goals in 25 appearances ffs.
    He was a huge player for us in that season.
    Huge?

  2. #32

    Default

    Maybe not huge but he scored some very important goals for us that season. Derby and Ipswich away come to mind. Warnock always got the best out of him too and his influence in the dressing room no doubt played a big part in the team spirit we had.

  3. #33

    Default

    Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    Huge?
    It means very big
    He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beverly Glen Deli, with a bowl of blueberries and a hamburger
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    Got some important goals (7) in our 1st season back in the prem too when bigger names were letting us down.
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,705
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Itsonlyagame

    He scored 9 goals in 25 appearances ffs.
    He was a huge player for us in that season.
    And if he hadn't had his season cut short in January that year, he'd have easily got more.
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Connor Washington- 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    Massimo Luongo - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN


    OUT

  6. #36

    Default

    Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja
    And if he hadn't had his season cut short in January that year, he'd have easily got more.
    Exactly.
    His performances and goals helped us hit the ground running in the early part of that season.
    Couple that with what Stan pointed out above, it’s obvious to see he gave the team momentum straight away which was huge (sorry jimbo, very big )
    He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

  7. #37

    Default

    Originally Posted by Itsonlyagame

    He scored 9 goals in 25 appearances ffs.
    He was a huge player for us in that season.
    compared to kenny? hill? taraabt, derry, helguson, routledge, faurlin, gorrks etc and many others he wasn't. btw 8 of those goals came in his first 7 games so he only scored 1 in 18 after that hardly a huge player, effective yes but certainly not a key player that season
    Last edited by corbray; 07-12-2017 at 01:40 PM.

  8. #38

    Default

    Originally Posted by corbray
    compared to kenny? hill? taraabt, derry, helguson, routledge, faurlin, gorrks etc and many others he wasn't. btw 8 of those goals came in his first 7 games so he only scored 1 in 18 after that hardly a huge player, effective yes but certainly not a key player that season
    Like I said, he helped build momentum early on in the campaign, which imo makes him a huge part of the team.

    Ignore what I say though, I certainly wouldn’t want to deprive you of one of your little pleasures in life so crack on sniggering like a year 1 schoolboy at Hitmans hilarious nicknames.
    He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beverly Glen Deli, with a bowl of blueberries and a hamburger
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    Originally Posted by Itsonlyagame

    Ignore what I say though, I certainly wouldn’t want to deprive you of one of your little pleasures in life so crack on sniggering like a year 1 schoolboy at Hitmans hilarious nicknames.
    First mention of "Gump" comes from Rebel I think #creditwhereitsdue
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

  10. #40

    Default

    Originally Posted by Itsonlyagame
    Like I said, he helped build momentum early on in the campaign, which imo makes him a huge part of the team.

    Ignore what I say though, I certainly wouldn’t want to deprive you of one of your little pleasures in life so crack on sniggering like a year 1 schoolboy at Hitmans hilarious nicknames.
    mrs mackie???

  11. #41

    Default

    Originally Posted by corbray
    mrs mackie???
    Haha, not quite.
    He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Enfield/Clacton
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    It is not about what he did 6 -7 years ago but what he brings to the team now. Which is nothing. Holloways fault for playing an out of form player every possible opportunity.Tactics are shaped so he can always play him to the detriment of the team. Has set him up for ridicule.
    I sometimes wonder if Holloway is just a figurehead and really Mackie picks the team.

  13. #43

    Default

    Originally Posted by corbray
    compared to kenny? hill? taraabt, derry, helguson, routledge, faurlin, gorrks etc and many others he wasn't. btw 8 of those goals came in his first 7 games so he only scored 1 in 18 after that hardly a huge player, effective yes but certainly not a key player that season
    Still played his part a water carrier so Adel could do his thing i think you under estimate his overall contribution that season

  14. Default

    Originally Posted by Bill
    Still played his part a water carrier so Adel could do his thing i think you under estimate his overall contribution that season
    Played his part yes. Wasn't huge though. Adel, Faurlin, Derry, Hill and Kenny were huge.

  15. #45

    Default

    Originally Posted by Brian Wilson
    First mention of "Gump" comes from Rebel I think #creditwhereitsdue
    Yep, I never started the Gump name but after it was said...... I ran with it.

    Seriously, if you are offended by my humour and banter regarding mackie. Then I will stop it.
    All you had to do was say it 😊
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •