Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowing for defenders returning from injury, where do you think we'll finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure it matters that much with the defenders coming back. If we keep on hardly having shots on target and misfiring in front of goal we won't be picking up too many wins anyway. Not being a moaner just realistic. Given all the injuries we've had we've still not done too bad in defence compared to when we had players fit. Goalscoring is our problem and has been for a long while

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
      Allowing for defenders returning from injury, where do you think we'll finish?
      By and large the defence has not been the problem. Robinson and Baptiste have acquitted themselves superbly since they've come in. So this really won't have much bearing on where we end up this season.

The problem, as has been stated ad nauseum, is with the clueless manager and his directionless tactics.

Comment

Is this another Ollie in/out thread?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          Is this another Ollie in/out thread?
          He definitely needs to shake it all about before he is out

Comment

I think we're too good to go down but not playing a style of football or are set up to do anything special, so lower mid table it is. My main concern is players becoming frustrated and Ollie losing the dressing room. We do have the potential to completely implode or get a decent result...its so hard to tell which QPR will turn up!

Comment

My main problem is he is persistently sticking to tactics that do not suit us. He constantly picks out of form or out of position players and then resorts to hoofball. Stubborness is his biggest enemy. You should never think a team is too good to go down.

Comment

We are not too good to go down as the last 50 odd games tell you that. With Holloway in charge relegation is more likely than not and we cannot rely solely on the home form.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  So remember, we've got defenders coming back. As per general forum requests, it's public.
                  14th

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    By and large the defence has not been the problem. Robinson and Baptiste have acquitted themselves superbly since they've come in. So this really won't have much bearing on where we end up this season.

The problem, as has been stated ad nauseum, is with the clueless manager and his directionless tactics.
                    This 100%.

Bottom 6 as long as the headless chicken of a manager is in charge of the team.
                    It could even be relegation if the bottom sides pick up their form. He got away with it last season but may not be so lucky this time.

Hollowhead insists on playing his wingback system without the personnel for it.

As others have stated, Baptiste and Robinson have done well in the defence, the problem is the tinkering and not playing to the players' strengths.

We all know that Sylla is the most likely to score goals on a regular basis and Smith on for the last 30 mins or so will get goals provided they get some service from the wings. Yet Hollowhead sees things differently.
                    Last edited by stanistheman; 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Keep on hearing, from the media as well), we have one of he best midfields in the division, yet chances are at a premium.... I think we'll finish 17th

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Keep on hearing, from the media as well), we have one of he best midfields in the division, yet chances are at a premium.... I think we'll finish 17th
                        Chances come from Freeman from corners and Pavel when he is actually played as a winger. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                        X