Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Why the fuss over Simon Grayson?

If we honestly think we'd struggle to attract a manager of his calibre, we might as well stick with Ollie. I'd take a punt on Gareth Ainsworth before considering someone like Grayson.
    Couldn't agree more Tarbs but as said I'd hate Ainsworth to give up Wycombe and come here and get the Ramsey JFH and Holloway abuse when he dropped 2/3 games

Comment

Ainsworth can't get Wycombe out of League 2. Love the bloke but if he's the answer I dunno what the question is.

Grayson? Blimey. Barrel being scraped there.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Ainsworth can't get Wycombe out of League 2. Love the bloke but if he's the answer I dunno what the question is.

Clearly we are scraping the barrel though ain't we?

Comment

I really don't think we would struggle to get anyone half decent. Should think plenty of foreign managers wanting to get into English league would be attracted, lower league managers looking to move up the food chain etc.

I see no reason to keep someone who is no longer Championship standard and whose record since returning has been abysmal. If someone fails in their role you get rid. I don't get the reluctance. Has been a disastrous appointment.

Comment

i don't think grayson is bad tbh, 3 promotions from league 1 and has always done solid in the championship with mid table sides. i wouldn't be happy with ainsworth as like you said, he can't get wycombe out of league 2 hes still a work in progress imo.

we won't attract any big names here on our budget, the only other people i think we could get that might do a decent job is maybe paul clement if he gets the sack from swansea.
            i think kevin nolan could even be a solid bet as an outside manager, he did well at leyton orient and is working wonders at notts county, finished 12th (i think) last season after taking over when they hadn't won in 10 games and were only 1 point clear of relegation and are now 2nd in the league this season

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Clearly we are scraping the barrel though ain't we?
              I don't think so. I would be surprised if we're in the bottom half of the Championship budget wise. We're still signing players for decent money out location and fanbase is pretty good as well. Any manager just fallen out of a top job recently would see us as a good project imo. Don't think we need to barrel scrape at all.

Comment

Pulis and Bilic might be a stretch for us, but what's wrong with someone like Mazzari or Guidolin or Karanka. These are good managers that wouls come to us IMO.

Comment

I could actually see someone like Pulis joining us for the rest of the season on the basis he would then look for something higher up over summer. Only issue is doubt we would pay him Premiership wages to do it.

Comment

No matter how good a manager is he always has the best coaching and medical teams behind him. Look at Man City,Man Utd and the rest. They all have about a dozen people round them. We have got a Millwall reject and a Hartlepool washout.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      We have had no pace since when we first went up prem. odd player who has second gear but as a squad for years very one paced and an area we have neglected and not addressed
                      Fair point so we sell holliet to aid Cardiff's promotion credentials
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Pulis and Bilic might be a stretch for us, but what's wrong with someone like Mazzari or Guidolin or Karanka. These are good managers that wouls come to us IMO.
                        I don't want karanka, awful manager that has zero personality and bores players into a coma
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Get McClaren in

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            This is the bloke he needs..

Oi, leave my mate out of this

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              I don't want karanka, awful manager that has zero personality and bores players into a coma
                              Haha. Probably true but his record makes Ollie look like an amateur.

Middlesbrough 13 November 2013 16 March 2017 PL-171 W-80 D-42 L-49 Win%-46.8

Comment

Answer to the OPs question: no.

There's managerial talent available. Getting it to come here is gonna be the hard part.

Be interesting to see if Uncle does what he did with Harry and waits too long. I could see that happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X