Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    That is is just ###### foxy a manager good or bad has to have good staff
    There is a difference between having good staff and needing someone to tell you how to do your job which is what is being suggested!

Comment

To clarify I’m suggesting strong number two who has been there and done it someone experienced to bounce ideas off.

Big sam has got Sammy Lee, Pardew has got Carver where as Ollie had Bircham whose heart is in right place but what true experience does he bring

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        There is a difference between having good staff and needing someone to tell you how to do your job which is what is being suggested!
        Foxy two heads are better than one but it's got be mutual respect for each which Ollie seems to have for G F , remember Cloughie good manager no doubts about that he depended on Peter Taylor

Comment

Foxy two heads are better than one but it's got be mutual respect for each which Ollie seems to have for G F , remember Cloughie good manager no doubts about that he depended on Peter Taylor
          Indeed but I get the impression Ollie is simply nowhere near good enough to manage at this level and can't even get basics right. A decent number two would have to almost work around him. That is very different to Clough and Taylor.

Comment

What sort of quality assistant manager would work under Holloway? And if they were that good (say Scheeve McCLaren) shouldn't we give them the top job anyway?

It's blamestorming going on. Everyones fault but Ollies. He's the Manager, he picks the players, he decides the tactics and it's looking shambolic.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Indeed but I get the impression Ollie is simply nowhere near good enough to manage at this level and can't even get basics right. A decent number two would have to almost work around him. That is very different to Clough and Taylor.
              No not really foxy they had almighty tear ups that eventually had taylor walking after years of success

Comment

No not really foxy they had almighty tear ups that eventually had taylor walking after years of success
                Cloughie was never the same again was he ?

Comment

I'm not so sure Ollie is a lot worse than many of the managers in the division. He might lack a bit of tactical awareness but does bring passion that others don't have. I think the financial situation has severely limited us and the poor scouting network which has failed to pick up good players from the lower leagues here and abroad (like Brentford). The scouting network has been addressed but it will take time to produce fruit. No-one could have predicted the injuries to so many central defenders though I think we should have tried to get a good right back (maybe we did and failed). The one thing that seems to be a huge issue is the lack of pace which means it is difficult to play on the break. We don't seem to have a single forward capable of sprinting past a defender into the penalty area. The balance of the side needs addressing as money allows.

Comment

We have had no pace since when we first went up prem. odd player who has second gear but as a squad for years very one paced and an area we have neglected and not addressed

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Don't actually know how much he'd listen to a strong Assitant Manager anyway. Ollie has a huge ego, and always has to be right. Not saying he's the only bloke in the world to be that way, I'm sure a lot of other managers possess the same trait. Just not a great trait to have when you are also wrong most of the time!
                      This.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

nope. i think its time for ollie to go, i think hes lost the dressing room too. get him out and simon grayson in, he'll be an excellent appointment for a team like us

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          nope. i think its time for ollie to go, i think hes lost the dressing room too. get him out and simon grayson in, he'll be an excellent appointment for a team like us
                          Lost the dressing room ??where's the evidence for that ?? I thought it is stronger now than its been for years just my opinion
                          Can the club afford to bring in a northern man with the financial restraints ?

Comment

What’s northern got to do with it??

Comment

Lost the dressing room ??where's the evidence for that ?? I thought it is stronger now than its been for years just my opinion
                              Can the club afford to bring in a northern man with the financial restraints ?
                              just by the lack of effort put in by the players recently, we've had some poor performances lately mediocre at best imo and poor discipline like baptiste getting sent off yesterday. i can't see the players supporting ollies tactical genius either, everytime he changes tactics during a game they look a little more deflated.
                              don't get me wrong, i think the players still get along and theres good cohesion there i just cant see them supporting ollie.

and yes i think grayson would come to us, we're arguebly in our best position for years. we know whats happening with ffp, don't have any money grabbers here anymore (aside from 1 or 2), good academy and scouting, decent players and hopefully a promising long term strategy. i think grayson would defo be up for coming here, he does better when hes managing underdogs and on a limited budget. did wonders at preston imo, not so well at sunderland but they're a sinking ship who'll drop down into league 1 before they're sorted out

Comment

Why the fuss over Simon Grayson?

If we honestly think we'd struggle to attract a manager of his calibre, we might as well stick with Ollie. I'd take a punt on Gareth Ainsworth before considering someone like Grayson.

Comment

Working...
                                X