Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The get west londons report on the game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like many of you I’ve had a lot of Ollie-induced heartache over the past year. But dammit, we are starting to play better ball, and more together ball, than we have for a long time. Yes, Ollie has to stop playing favorites (cue Mackie) and begin forming a cohesive style of play that can propel us (with a few squad additions) into a playoff contender. May require a tactical assistant coach wizard, but when you see how he bleeds Hoops blood, it’s hard not to root for him to persevere.

Comment

Cheers for the stats Nas and I think they do Mackie a favour. A very very poor player who does not contribute a great deal.

Comment

As always well stated.
        Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Would just like to say, with mackie in the starting 11 since he's come back, we've averaged 1.097 points per game. Without him in the starting line up, we've averaged 1.25. Drastic enough a difference that it should be clear that he shouldn't start. Does holloway not know this? do the club's stats people not tell him this? I feel like this is valuable information into weeding out the players who shouldn't start and it's pretty straightforward analysis.
        I can also say that we've got 1.265 points with Wszolek in the starting line up compared to 0.71 without him. Again though, Holloway hasn't seemed to enjoy playing him, preferring others who don't bring as much to our winning formula.

Comment

So 1.1 compared to 1.2 points.
          I'm no Mackie fan but that is hardly a compelling stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            Like many of you I’ve had a lot of Ollie-induced heartache over the past year. But dammit, we are starting to play better ball, and more together ball, than we have for a long time. Yes, Ollie has to stop playing favorites (cue Mackie) and begin forming a cohesive style of play that can propel us (with a few squad additions) into a playoff contender. May require a tactical assistant coach wizard, but when you see how he bleeds Hoops blood, it’s hard not to root for him to persevere.
            He has had over 50 games and all he has shown is he is not very good at winning football matches. Someone of his experience should not need someone to tell him how to set his team up etc. No other team at this level would have touched him and we should have stayed well clear. Time for him to hang up his tracksuit.

Comment

Watched the entire game Pinkie and to say we were unlucky is a bit of a stretch.

Smithies made some good saves. Some of our defending was heroic at times, but were totally outplayed for most of the game. We should have had a penalty for a foul on Smith as usual, so unlucky in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                So 1.1 compared to 1.2 points.
                I'm no Mackie fan but that is hardly a compelling stat.
                I mean, you don't get to choose which one to round. The difference is 0.153 points per game. That's 7 points over the course of a season on ONE PLAYER. And that's not considering the alternative of playing someone like Wszolek in there. If we replaced all those games where mackie started with Wszolek (assume they didn't cross paths for the sake of mathematical simplicity) and you have the 7 gained points as well as 25 points from Wszolek playing, average that out and you have 16 points. That's where it becomes drastic.

I'm considering (if I get the time) doing a full analysis on the whole squad at some point.
                Last edited by nasser95; 03-12-2017, 01:40 AM.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We should only get rid of Holloway if we have someone lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Would just like to say, with mackie in the starting 11 since he's come back, we've averaged 1.097 points per game. Without him in the starting line up, we've averaged 1.25. Drastic enough a difference that it should be clear that he shouldn't start. Does holloway not know this? do the club's stats people not tell him this? I feel like this is valuable information into weeding out the players who shouldn't start and it's pretty straightforward analysis.
                    I can also say that we've got 1.265 points with Wszolek in the starting line up compared to 0.71 without him. Again though, Holloway hasn't seemed to enjoy playing him, preferring others who don't bring as much to our winning formula.
                    we should re-sign tom hitchcock imo, we gained an average of 3pts everytime he played

Comment

If I were Pavel I'd be putting in a transfer request in January what with the World Cup coming up and all that!

Comment

Pinkie you don't happen to be IH brother by any chance, the way you are defending him🤣

Comment

Cannot defend him while Mackie is picked to start week in week out.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            We should only get rid of Holloway if we have someone lined up.
                            This is the crux of argument unless someone else is identified and willing to take role he has to stay

Comment

Westy. At the moment the team is playing with very little if any direction from the management team so anyone that replaces him will be better than what we are seeing right now. Keep him and Relegation is much more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Lol and why would you compare to when we were crap? its a rebuild of everything, confidence was one major issue which is getting sorted, you make me laugh how you think we`d fix it all in so many months still never mind....
                                Has had a year now. A full summer for tactics and fitness. Yet here we still are, going on a typical Ollie run and looking in serious trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X