TF and the rest of the owners too soft over IH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF and the rest of the owners too soft over IH

No wonder these owners were taken for a ride with previous managers, the way they have handled IH outburst is pathetic they are to soft they had the perfect excuse to get rid of IH, any other club would have got shot of him, also the apology was pathetic.

With his record since he has come back is awful against a poor championship this year, don't want to hear we can't get rid of him because of the FFP hanging over the club, get shot of the DOF and some of his buddies and we will be able to afford a half decent manager, because IH just does not have a clue tactilely, playing players out of position, god knows how many different formations he has played in each game.

We are now in 17th place if we lose the next three games which is highly likely we are in sh*t street and this guy is not going to get us out of it, we can only hope that comeback can fire the team up for those games and we badly need some points out of those, but don't hold your breath, and finally hope TF and his co owners grow some balls and get rid of IH and his muppets.

Think there is more chance Ollie will resign than him getting the push tbh
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      Think there is more chance Ollie will resign than him getting the push tbh
      I think he's destined to see the season out myself. Don't think it will get that bad that he has to go. I just hope the board have the sense to see it ain't gonna work out and shake hands with him after the last game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I think he's destined to see the season out myself. Don't think it will get that bad that he has to go. I just hope the board have the sense to see it ain't gonna work out and shake hands with him after the last game of the season.
        Wish I had your confidence. If he stays entire season (which is likely) we have every chance of being in or around relegation places.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Wish I had your confidence. If he stays entire season (which is likely) we have every chance of being in or around relegation places.
          There is some real dross at the bottom and I think that will keep us out of trouble. I'm actually more concerned that the club won't have the balls to get rid of Ollie in the summer, than actually being concerned about going down this season.

If he stays long enough he'll take us down at some point. I'm sure of that.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 29-11-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
            they had the perfect excuse to get rid of IH, any other club would have got shot of him
            Don't think it was and I don't think anyone else would have sacked someone for a rant like that in the slightest. And I'm one it was aimed at !

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I'm actually more concerned that the club won't have the balls to get rid of Ollie in the summer, than actually being concerned about going down this season.
              His contract is up in the summer. Surely even our owners wouldn't be that foolish to renew it?

Comment

At the beginning of the season, many posters polled we would be in a relegation scrap, perhaps even the majority. Now we have got to that point of the season where the points we gained at the start of the season have been largely eroded by subsequent form, and, as usual we have begun to slip down the table, 17th as quoted above.

A few losses on our part, and results going against us over the next month will easily see us quickly fall further to 20th, then we will be in a relegation scrap as foreseen by many in August. Why does it now come as a surprise that this has indeed come to pass?

Tarbie refers to the "real dross at the bottom" that should keep us up. i agree, although it would be far more comfortable if we could earn our destiny by our own merit

I think the powers that be will look favourably on the point retrieved on Monday night, and that will buy Mr Holloway more time, until the end of the season. I also believe the whole apology from him was stage managed by the PR team, even scripted by them as a face saving exercise, and condoned by the owners and designed to avoid them passing any judgement on the issue.

He therefore seems destined to stay. The result was anticipated at the start of the season, and we are in for the ride we expected. What's new?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  His contract is up in the summer. Surely even our owners wouldn't be that foolish to renew it?
                  I thought he had 2 1/2 years?

Either way, the owners aren't being soft, they're being pragmatic. We're stuck with Olly for the time being, so might as well get behind him and the team.

Comment

Remind me a little of when he was in charge of Millwall at the moment.

Comment

Some posters live in a Football cloud cuckoo land. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but it’s the certainty that you are right that gets me. I think things could well look a lot better in the new year if we recognise the great improveent about so much in the Rangers world. I’m not certain I am right about Olly, but Tend to think that yet another change of manager given our current financial/ injury situation would be a very poor move.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        TransferMarket must be wrong I guess? They're saying next summer, official site says summer of 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          TransferMarket must be wrong I guess? They're saying next summer, official site says summer of 2019.
                          If there were a crying emoji I would use it here.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            If there were a crying emoji I would use it here.......
                            Fill yer boots pal:

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Either way, the owners aren't being soft, they're being pragmatic. We're stuck with Olly for the time being, so might as well get behind him and the team.
                              I'd hope given previous experiences there would be some break clauses written in based on level of performance, what league we are in etc. Let's be honest, Ollie would have signed anything. Either way, I doubt he would be that costly to get rid of at the end of the season, can't be on huge money.

I agree though Hubs, really don't see any change of manager this season unless things get really bad. It's right too, could be hugely counterproductive and should only be a last resort. The correct time to change is at the end of the season, and I really hope that is what the board decide to do.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 29-11-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X