TF and the rest of the owners too soft over IH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    Are we going to score twice in injury time every week?
    No

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      No
      Exactly, so the fact that we didn't lose on this occasion means absolutely sod all. Monday night papered over a lot of cracks, nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        Exactly, so the fact that we didn't lose on this occasion means absolutely sod all. Monday night papered over a lot of cracks, nothing more.
        It means 1 point instead of 0. And it means not losing at home to a rival, it means shutting the mouth of the singing away fans at LR. That's not "sod all" to me.

And again, it means that the players didn't give up. There are big issues with tactics and team selection, but Ollie hasn't lost the dressing room.
        QPR since 1993
        WATRB since 2015
        First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

• Players see what what we see

Comment

• Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
            It means 1 point instead of 0. And it means not losing at home to a rival, it means shutting the mouth of the singing away fans at LR. That's not "sod all" to me.

And again, it means that the players didn't give up. There are big issues with tactics and team selection, but Ollie hasn't lost the dressing room.
            It means there keeper needing to drop the ball for us to get back in it. No drop = nil points

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              It means there keeper needing to drop the ball for us to get back in it. No drop = nil points
              #WhenWeDoWellItsTheOtherTeamsFault

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Which doesn't negate my point, which was "we got more than "sod all" from this game".
                QPR since 1993
                WATRB since 2015

Comment

Which doesn't negate my point, which was "we got more than "sod all" from this game".
                  In my eyes, rescuing a point against local rivals who to a man, are no better than us is simply a bare minimum. I'm very happy we salvaged a point, I'm sure it was a great moment for those that were still in the ground, and I appreciate why Holloway was so fired up. But for me, it simply papers over the cracks. The fact is for 91 or 92 minutes of that game, we were beaten in every department. Certainly not grounds for celebration in my book!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    In my eyes, rescuing a point against local rivals who to a man, are no better than us is simply a bare minimum. I'm very happy we salvaged a point, I'm sure it was a great moment for those that were still in the ground, and I appreciate why Holloway was so fired up. But for me, it simply papers over the cracks. The fact is for 91 or 92 minutes of that game, we were beaten in every department. Certainly not grounds for celebration in my book!
                    We agree - I'm also happy we salvaged a point. In my book the game was above "sod all" and below "celebrations" (and by "celebrations" I mean rational afterthought celebrations. Had I been at LR and experienced the comeback live, I would off course have celebrated both our goals).

I hope that for the Preston game, Ollie stops with his habit of playing hard-working strikers as wingers and/or offensive wingers as wingbacks. Give us a 4-3-3 with proper wingers on each side of Sylla or Smith - or a 4-5-1. Heck, even a 4-4-2 could be the right choice, now that Freeman is out anyways, so that we can't play with our normal midfield three-some. Off course all depending on us having 4 players to play at the back.
                    QPR since 1993
                    WATRB since 2015

Comment

We agree - I'm also happy we salvaged a point. In my book the game was above "sod all" and below "celebrations" (and by "celebrations" I mean rational afterthought celebrations. Had I been at LR and experienced the comeback live, I would off course have celebrated both our goals).

I hope that for the Preston game, Ollie stops with his habit of playing hard-working strikers as wingers and/or offensive wingers as wingbacks. Give us a 4-3-3 with proper wingers on each side of Sylla or Smith - or a 4-5-1. Heck, even a 4-4-2 could be the right choice, now that Freeman is out anyways, so that we can't play with our normal midfield three-some. Off course all depending on us having 4 players to play at the back.
                      We're singing from the same hymn sheet mate. I just posted the same about the formation on another thread.

Comment

• Great point on Monday and shows how far we have dropped when we are creaming ourselves of stealing a draw at home to Brentford

Comment

• It was the manner in how it was rescued.
                          We aint got no right to beat anyone as near on every user on here predicted us to be doing worse then we are or about the same, so grabbing a draw in the 93rd and 94th minute is an unbelievable feat imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            It was the manner in how it was rescued.
                            We aint got no right to beat anyone as near on every user on here predicted us to be doing worse then we are or about the same, so grabbing a draw in the 93rd and 94th minute is an unbelievable feat imo.
                            I thought we were 100% going down?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Great point on Monday and shows how far we have dropped when we are creaming ourselves of stealing a draw at home to Brentford
                              Like we did after coming back to draw against 10 man Millwall.

As said above, it is just papering over the cracks.

That point, has probably bought IH a few extra weeks as manager, unless he can somehow win some games this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                                I thought we were 100% going down?
                                P

Comment

Working...
                                X