Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an optimistic 6 a pessimistic 2

Comment

Have to say when i saw these fixtures i thought we will be lucky to get 4 points from that lot but i also thought that of our opening 6 games, so fingers crossed i will be pleasantly surprised again, as only 4 points will leave us precariously near the drop zone come January.

Comment

8 points

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          Preston North End - A
          Leeds United - H
          Birmingham City - A
          Bristol City - H
          Ipswich Town - A
          Millwall - A

One point in November. Four away games in December, so nothing there then.

4 Points
          Preston North End - A - Lose
          Leeds United - H - Draw
          Birmingham City - A - Draw
          Bristol City - H - Draw
          Ipswich Town - A - Lose
          Millwall - A - Lose

And if that lot happen I predict he will be given the old tin tack

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            About the only team away from home that I'd actually expect us to beat !
            people said that about Sunderland and Bolton

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Fellas in the trenches were commanded by idiots who didn't know what they were doing......Sounds familiar.
              The General in Blackadder springs to mind

We have Hollowhead now playing the same system with Mackie in the forward line believing this time it will work. It may occasionally work, i.e. earlier this season, but it wont on a consistent basis.

It's quite possible that as he did in October, he might get a win or two in this month, but I will not expect a glut of points.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                If he fits the system to the players and not the other way round, and if he can be braver away from home, than there's no reason why we couldn't pick up ten points from that lot (assuming fitness).

If he goes on tinkering and playing each away fixture as though we were at Citeh we'll be in for a tough new year.

Like he said at the meeting, its down to him.
                spot on!
                for me, a 4-4-2 will work best with the squad he has, but we have yet to see it done properly. He has ended games with a similar formation, but most of that time it has been without wingers. Was it Fulham where Wyzsolek was subbed and 4 forwards on the pitch?

Comment

Preston North End - A = lost
                  Leeds United - H
                  Birmingham City - A
                  Bristol City - H
                  Ipswich Town - A
                  Millwall - A

Need to get something from the Leeds game cos we aint getting nout from our aways.

Comment

The only thing you can guarantee is no matter how many points we do or don't get Holloway will still be here come January.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      The only thing you can guarantee is no matter how many points we do or don't get Holloway will still be here come January.
                      So you're saying that this is a pointless thread!

Comment

If we lose Saturday he should resign this can't go on hoping he will turn it around, and TF should get rid of him if he does not resign, but I would not hold your breath because he has lost the plot the same as IH.

Comment

Furtive looking favourite with a Hits a good each way...?

Comment

Preston North End - A
                            Leeds United - H
                            Birmingham City - A
                            Bristol City - H
                            Ipswich Town - A
                            Millwall - A

Nothing against PNE and Dirty Leeds. Think we'll huff and puff our way to a point at Brum, Nothing at Brizzle, Nothing at the Carrot Crunchers and possibly a point against Even Dirtier Millwall. 2 from a possible 18 pretty much sums us up, and'll probably see us in the bottom 3 by the turn of the year. It's looking grim.

Comment

Preston A...........lost
                              Leeds H .............lost
                              Birmingham A last tam we beat away from home, as bad as us ,( if we lose here deep #### and Holloway gone I hope)
                              Bristol city H........going very well not expecting much at best a point
                              Ipswich A.............nothing here either
                              Millwall A ............don't remember winning the too often players and refs get frit so probably nothing here either
                              My dear is that if Holloway loses next week we won't win again until next year with him in charge

Comment

Birmingham City - A -
                                Bristol City - H - Draw
                                Ipswich Town - A - Lose
                                Millwall - A -

Holloway needs to get at least 7 points from this lot if hes to keep his job - we need wins at Birmingham and Wall

Comment

Working...
                                X