Smithies save first half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithies save first half

Just saw his save again from canos which was destined for top corner but which he clawed round the post. Take a bow superb save

He’s not been as secure between sticks as last year but would still not swap him for anyone else in the league

Only player you can put your money on putting a performance in week in week out. Only position Holloway cannot play around with.

Comment

Agree, that was great save.

Comment

Just think some a couple of years ago some wanted Bentley instead of Smithies. After last night I think we can safely say we got the better keeper.

Comment

Different gear Smithies and goes about it in a very low key way.

Comment

He is our best player by a mile,himself and Gump are complete opposites ,smithies our best,Gump are worst....it's hard to imagine what position we would be in withoit him (smithies that is,not Gump! )

Comment

Personally think he's one of, if not the best goalkeeper in the division.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

best keeper in the division imo and easily the best penalty saver in the country. only thing he really struggles with is long shots

Comment

Completely agree although his kicking has become a bit rob green of late - but he produces at least one if not 2 amazing saves - i actually think the one in the 2nd half the deflected shot at his near post was a better save.

Also during the break in the first half he went round every member of the team and spoke to them about something seems to be a more vocal leader than Mass as captain atm

Comment

fantastic save from the fella that must use the same barber as polter

Comment

That save was absolutely top drawer and I was actually still in my seat to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        That save was absolutely top drawer and I was actually still in my seat to see it.
                        that made me smile

Comment

Great keeper been brilliant for the last 2 seasons so consistent,drops the odd clanger , but without him we’d have gone down last year kept us in many games, and made 2 outstanding saves on Monday, very surprised no one has come in for him, probably the best all round we’ve had since David Seaman, let’s hope no one comes knocking for him,

Comment

Hope I'm wrong but can't see him being here next season.

Two seasons on the trot scrabbling around just above the relegation places, led by a manager who hasn't a clue isn't where a player of his quality would expect to be in my opinion.

Comment

That's got to be best save of the season.
                              Absolute class
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X