The problem currently as I see it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    And what was everyone moaning about last season? him not sticking to his best team and formation, yet when he does it hes getting coated lol, we are a few players short of being a good team, and i cant see us changing formation would make a great deal of difference, even though pavs being wasted, but id also like to get shodipo involved, we have got the players, but i suppose if youre strikers arent getting enough goals anyway...
    Are you actually being serious?

What he picks on a weekly basis and how he sets them up to play, (or at least how badly they play), is most certainly not the most effective use of our squad.

THAT is the problem Pinkie. And it is exactly why people are fed up with him.

Last night's ill advised rant won't have helped at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      I actually completely agree that we are only a couple of players away from a good side. I also agree we have a very strong midfield. But we are also selecting way too many players in the wrong roles to accommodate a specific system, and we are going into too many games without a good enough game plan.

There is also often no Plan B. Ironically that wasn't the case last night, a fairly crude Plan B dug us out of a hole. But in too many games we fail to adapt and often get beat tactically.
      Tarbie we`re trying to play a attacking game which as a team will always cause problems, especially when we`ve gone a goal down, we could just be super clever tactically and sit back like jimmyfloyds teams did and create about 2 or 3 if we`re lucky! i know i would rather have my team go for it personally!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Are you actually being serious?

What he picks on a weekly basis and how he sets them up to play, (or at least how badly they play), is most certainly not the most effective use of our squad.

THAT is the problem Pinkie. And it is exactly why people are fed up with him.

Last night's ill advised rant won't have helped at all.
        Yes youre right we`ve got loads of brian cloughs on here lol, yet in reality theres nothing to say everyone else is right and hes not youre talking about using other players that havnt exactly looked good when theyve had a chance! even everyone crying out for sylla starting all the time which i agree with, but then when he does hes not particularly great, but has improved last few games, its about the players hes got and how hes looking at how they can improve us, and thats the question can they!

Comment

Tarbie we`re trying to play a attacking game which as a team will always cause problems, especially when we`ve gone a goal down, we could just be super clever tactically and sit back like jimmyfloyds teams did and create about 2 or 3 if we`re lucky! i know i would rather have my team go for it personally!
          So Ollie's way or Jimmy's way are the only 2 ways of setting a team up are they mate?

I actually think we could do a lot worse than setting up like Brentford last night. Solid back 4 that were well drilled and stepped up as line. 3 workmanlike central midfielders who covered a lot of ground. Then a centre forward with pace either side of him.

Would suit our squad to a tee, and a lot of us on here can see it!

Comment

Yes youre right we`ve got loads of brian cloughs on here lol, yet in reality theres nothing to say everyone else is right and hes not youre talking about using other players that havnt exactly looked good when theyve had a chance! even everyone crying out for sylla starting all the time which i agree with, but then when he does hes not particularly great, but has improved last few games, its about the players hes got and how hes looking at how they can improve us, and thats the question can they!
            But he played him on the right wing last night mate with Washington through the middle. It's just bonkers mate!

Comment

As have said before, we are a few players short, if he goes with other players he`d be changing the formation, and relying on pav, shodipo or lua lua, non ofwhich can be 100% relied on atm, shodipo just back from injury, pavs was out of form, and lua luas been out of it for reasons! if he changed the formation and we struggled he`d get hammered again, plus we have a makeshift defence which have showed signs of playing well, even though we`ve been making the odd mistake and conceding!
              I agree we are a few players short- we are always a few players short - it doesn't take a genius to see we had little or no defensive cover- granted we have been unlucky with injuries but even so - we seem to have accumulated players for a system we don't play.

Who else can play LWB? Robinson has by accident made himself first choice centre back.
              Who can play RWB - Furlong is not fancied - Baptiste gets roasted when he tries to play out there.

Pav is out of form because he is not a RWB he is an out and out winger and we don't play with wingers
              we loan lua lua when we have wheeler and bright osweyi
              we have Nbakoto who has little or no Confidence
              we have shopido coming back form injury and we have petrasso who is not even in the frame.

there is no system on earth that can accommodate so many similar players.

The Club say it is all about bringing the youth through yet when we are short and youth is needed the manager comes out and basically says none of them are ready or good enough so i am going to play more senior players out of position....

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                But he played him on the right wing last night mate with Washington through the middle. It's just bonkers mate!
                What right wing but drifting in! nothing bonkers to me, syllas good with his head and drifts in back post, ollies trying things out to not look so obvious to the opposition obviously, same as swopping players around to get more joy or try to! nothing bonkers about that at all in my opinion.

Comment

What right wing but drifting in! nothing bonkers to me, syllas good with his head and drifts in back post, ollies trying things out to not look so obvious to the opposition obviously, same as swopping players around to get more joy or try to! nothing bonkers about that at all in my opinion.
                  Not having it mate. Sylla is a centre forward and our most likely goal threat, Washington couldn't hit a cows ar$e with a banjo at the moment, and don't get me started with Mackie. He lined them up the wrong way round and everyone in the ground other than Ollie could see it.

It's stuff like this that drives me and many others potty.

Comment

The problem really is the manager and his mad decisions imho.
                    I fully agreed with that starting 11 last night...
                    BUT
                    I mean who in their right mind would of started Yeni away last week?
                    Who in their right mind would play Wheeler out of position away in his first start and then leave him on the bench and put Lua Lua on when we are losing 2-0 at home after him not kicking a ball for months and turning up late for training and been told he can go back to his club next month.
                    He does absolutley mental things.
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 28-11-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

As have said before, we are a few players short, if he goes with other players he`d be changing the formation, and relying on pav, shodipo or lua lua, non ofwhich can be 100% relied on atm, shodipo just back from injury, pavs was out of form, and lua luas been out of it for reasons! if he changed the formation and we struggled he`d get hammered again, plus we have a makeshift defence which have showed signs of playing well, even though we`ve been making the odd mistake and conceding!
                      maybe we need to sign a few wingers in january.

#shortonthewings
                      #morewings
                      #the20wingerswehavearenotgoodenough.
                      #morewingers
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        maybe we need to sign a few wingers in january.

#shortonthewings
                        #morewings
                        #the20wingerswehavearenotgoodenough.
                        #morewingers

It would be fair to say a few times this season I'm sure I've overheard people in the loft describe us as a team of total and utter wingers...

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          It's not just you that sees it.

Unfortunately, the only one who doesn't is the idiot that matters.
                          Be honest though brights, you were disappointed when we scored our 2nd?!

I'd go as far to say you hate ollie more than red chap!
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

thought he done quite well tbh. in the first half, set up two great chances for Gump and washingshyte only for them to fark it up.

second half he hit the bar with a header. all from playing right wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              It would be fair to say a few times this season I'm sure I've overheard people in the loft describe us as a team of total and utter wingers...

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Be honest though brights, you were disappointed when we scored our 2nd?!

I'd go as far to say you hate ollie more than red chap!
                                In all honesty mate, the first I knew of it was on the platform at Shepherds Bush and I'd even been to Sainsbury's on the way! There was this bloke on the opposite platform draped in a Rangers flag singing "2-0 and you f**ked it up". I just thought he'd had a rew too many but checked my phone out of interest. Was pleasantly surprised, despite missing both goals. Just like I missed both goals against Preston all those years ago.

Some would say I never learn. I'm also lacking in hair so have several things in common with the idiot manager.

What I would say though, is that if my wife had tried replacing a bayonet light bulb with a screw in one, I wouldn't be surprised. If I were paying an electrician and he made the same mistake, I'd be none too happy mind.

I don't hate Ollie. Unlike with the crook, I was pleased when he came back. Despite any misgivings, how can anyone not love those first interviews when he spoke about how much the club meant and how he was going to restore our pride?
                                Sadly, his bark is proving to be louder than his bite. Washington doesn't appear to be banging them in at the rate we were led to believe he would. His record is subsequently awful, despite what Pinkie may think.

Slating the fans who choose to spend a much higher proportion of their time and income on their love of Rangers than he ever has or will, is a step too far. It was unnecessary and unforgiveable.
                                At the very least he should be making an unreserved apology for it, as should the club.

If he's here next season, then I think that'll definitely be the time to stop with the season ticket. I could be seeing the grandchildren rather than watching Mackie try to control a football. We all have our limits my friend and I'm fast approaching mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X