We gave up, they didn’t.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    The only reason it wont be sub 10k against Leeds is because they'll more than likely sell out. Holloway's outburst will be the last straw for a lot of fans this season, myself included.
    I don't really understand that to be honest mate. We all know what Holloway is like. You need to take what he says with a pinch of salt. I can't believe people will literally take what he said seriously and not turn up.

Secondly why is it the last straw? Most of the home games this season have been far more entertaining than last season in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      What about 4 points off about 11th?
      Ya but even you know it's ######## positive spin and we are most definitely heading for a relegation battle

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        Ya but even you know it's ######## positive spin and we are most definitely heading for a relegation battle
        Lol you must know being king of pessimism rebs
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          I don't really understand that to be honest mate. We all know what Holloway is like. You need to take what he says with a pinch of salt. I can't believe people will literally take what he said seriously and not turn up.

Secondly why is it the last straw? Most of the home games this season have been far more entertaining than last season in my opinion.
          Because some disgruntled fans, not as impressed with the footie served up as you, when the winter kicks in will use it as excuse not to attend and I would not blame them as after all manager told them to stay home

Comment

Westy a lot of folk have already seen enough not only the shite that has been served up on the pitch these last 2.5 years but also how poorly we have been run off the pitch. When the fare on offer has got worse the cost of watching has not been reduced so it makes it easy for some to just say thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              He screwed up from the off, as he has since his return, and he got out of jail but fair play to him for doing so but result does not paper over how this season is heading

Would appear more and more fans are seeing him for what he is and have or are losing faith in him
              Couldn't agree more there Big Fella as whilst there's plenty of chest beating and saying what many fans want to hear there's very little evidence that he has the tactical accuman or awareness to take us forward even if his hands do appear to be tied finacially. For me the stress of the role doesn't seem to be doing him much good as he often looks emotionally shattered (as do many of the fans no doubt). Monday night was a complete freak result and one that comes around once every 8-10yrs or so (the last being PNE at home where were were 2-0 down going into the last few mins and pulled it back to 2-2). Naturally the emotion got to him and the fact that he had just got out of jail meant that he could give it large... the owners have nailed their colours to Holloway's mast as it were so he won't be going anywhere this season at least...

Comment

I kind of understood why Holloway said what he did at the time,he isn't blessed with brains but is comitted to the cause.I suspect he had his knuckles wrapped over what he said and kind of apologised, but the stadium was only half full for a local derby,why was that?

Comment

It isn't the football, which has frankly been below par all season. The issue I (and others) will now take is with Holloway turning on the fans, who pay their hard earned cash to watch regardless of the quality. Some might want to fork out £50 (including travel) every other week to get mugged off by this impostor we've got in the dugout, but I think now I'll wait until we bring in someone who has a little more respect for the people who effectively keep him in a job. If you're not meant to take what he said literally, what's the point in him even agreeing to give the interview in the first place? Surely the whole point of interviewing a manager immediately after the game like that is so that they can give as honest an assessment as possible?

I cant think of a single set of fans in the country who wouldn't have left en masse in injury time if their side was 2-0 down during a midweek game, and I doubt anyone else can either. Holloway made it personal with his rant, and followed it up afterwards in the post match press conference (which clearly means it wasn't simply in the heat of the moment). Saying that we know what Holloway is like doesn't excuse what he said, and more to the point the way he said it.

I will be very surprised if this doesn't have a negative reaction as regards the crowds, simply because a number of fans (at least some that I know) were happy to turn up because they thought Holloway was a QPR man, who respected the fans and the club. Clearly that isn't the case.
                  Last edited by surrey_hoop; 30-11-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I have a spare armchair in my front room reserved for you mate.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      What about 4 points off about 11th?
                      A couple of weeks ago it was 4 points off the playoffs.
                      Now it's for points off 11th place.
                      What will it be at the end of the month?
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        Stop being so negative ,we are doing great,on an unbeaten run and super ollie will take us to the play offs

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          Stop being so negative ,we are doing great,on an unbeaten run and super ollie will take us to the play offs
                          Hey, you are the King of Pessimism, not the King of Sarcasm. Keep in character

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                            Couldn't agree more there Big Fella as whilst there's plenty of chest beating and saying what many fans want to hear there's very little evidence that he has the tactical accuman or awareness to take us forward even if his hands do appear to be tied finacially. For me the stress of the role doesn't seem to be doing him much good as he often looks emotionally shattered (as do many of the fans no doubt). Monday night was a complete freak result and one that comes around once every 8-10yrs or so (the last being PNE at home where were were 2-0 down going into the last few mins and pulled it back to 2-2). Naturally the emotion got to him and the fact that he had just got out of jail meant that he could give it large... the owners have nailed their colours to Holloway's mast as it were so he won't be going anywhere this season at least...
                            2 nil down to preston i said to my boy let's go . he said " but dad we're bringing gareth on" . we stayed and gareth got a goal and an assist if my memory serves me

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              That’s cracking point. We kept having rammed down our throats how close to play offs we were....... oh well

Comment

December is nearly always a bad month for us, can't remember when we had a spanking good December. Even our great season of 2010-11 saw us lose home and away
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X