On way home | QPR 2 Brentford 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    But he's been playing wing-backs long before the CBs got injured.

They wouldn't need to track back as much with FBs behind them. Wingers are predominantly attacking players.

Midfield is not the problem. We're already solid there. The problem is lack of width to supply the strikers, due to his lack of employing proper wingers (which he has loads of but are being wasted in the reserves).

All of these counter-arguments have been repeated ad nauseum on here, with zero return of any rational argument. Clueless as to why you still don't see it, when I'm sure the vast majority of posters here do. It's become like Groundhog Day repeating the same old ground too.
    Just answered youre questions and what you gonna do stan, tell me to go stand in the norty corner again and be quiet? just because you disagree with me!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      if we was to goto a flat back 4 we`d most likely get overrun in midfield by the opposition with there 5 in midfield
      No we wouldn't. Not with 4 across the middle and a second striker helping out when we're out of possession, or even one of the CBs.

So you haven't answered the points at all.

Comment

No we wouldn't. Not with 4 across the middle and a second striker helping out when we're out of possession, or even one of the CBs.

So you havent answered the questions whatseover
        Sorry stan but with the other side most likely 5 in the middle we would! then we`d most likely be on the backfoot from then onwards, ollie obviously thinks we`d be stronger with our formation now than 4 at the back, unless we have 1 up top and 5 in the middle, which would get moans again as playing one uptop!

Comment

So you haven't answered the points at all.
          And which strikers going to drop back into our midfield then, washington?

Comment

Sorry stan but with the other side most likely 5 in the middle we would
            No we wouldn't Pinkie, for the reasons I've given. Also you're forgetting that when the oppo plays 5 in midfield they're weakening themselves up front, and even in defence. You're also overlooking the fact that 4-4-2 can be fluid when IN and OUT of possession.

Comment

No we wouldn't Pinkie, for the reasons I've given. Also you're forgetting that when the oppo plays 5 in midfield they're weakening themselves up front, and even in defence. You're also overlooking the fact that 4-4-2 can be fluid when IN and OUT of possession.
              It can be fluid like most formations, but the players have goto be upto it, hence reasons why ollies done what hes done, he knows what he gets from mackie pressing wise etc, and obviously has less confidence in other players for whatever reasons! non of us are at the training ground every time, football isnt a complicated game unless you make it! but players intelligence plays a massive part & thats half the reason why we`re not perfect and far from it, otherwise if we was we`d be challenging up the top!

Comment

It can be fluid like most formations, but the players have goto be upto it
                They are up to it. We've seen evidence of that when all his tinkering occasionally hits the right combo, only for him to tinker again and we're back to square one.

Basically none of what you say is based on sound logic and reason, just blind faith that the manager must surely know best because of what he's privy to on the training ground. You've yet to provide a single rational counter-argument to anything that's been said here.

...and obviously has less confidence in other players for whatever reasons
                What reasons? You never give any. I rest my case.

Comment

If Ollie plays a flat back four from now, Pinkie, you'll have to change your opinion...........

Comment

It can be fluid like most formations, but the players have goto be upto it, hence reasons why ollies done what hes done, he knows what he gets from mackie pressing wise etc, and obviously has less confidence in other players for whatever reasons! non of us are at the training ground every time, football isnt a complicated game unless you make it! but players intelligence plays a massive part & thats half the reason why we`re not perfect and far from it, otherwise if we was we`d be challenging up the top!
                    Let's stop this, shall we. Mackie couldn't press a f acking grape....... Not sure what the etc refers to, but it isn't trapping a ball......

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      football isnt a complicated game unless you make it
                      And this is a defence for Ollie? Oh the irony

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        They are up to it. We've seen evidence of that when all his tinkering occasionally hits the right combo, only for him to tinker again and we're back to square one.

Basically none of what you say is based on sound logic and reason, just blind faith that the manager must surely know best because of what he's privy to on the training ground. You've yet to provide a single rational counter-argument to anything that's been said here.

What reasons? You never give any. I rest my case.
                        What and yours is concrete lol, you talk rollox stan, youre not at the training ground like any of us so havnt a clue just like any of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          If Ollie plays a flat back four from now, Pinkie, you'll have to change your opinion...........
                          Why will i have to change my opinion? i said hes obviously got his reasons for not doing so! i cant read his mind, and im not at the training ground knowing reasons why said players arent getting played and why we`ve not tried said formation, just like any of you football managers lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            What and yours is concrete lol, you talk rollox stan, youre not at the training ground like any of us so havnt a clue just like any of us!
                            Missing the point again mate. Of course my views aren't concrete and would never be so arrogant to claim so. People's views are based on the evidence of what they witness on the pitch, which is what ultimately counts. Your views OTOH seem to be based on total blind faith in Holloway, with a complete absence of rationale.

Comment

• Spot on there Stan. You can't have a level discussion or debate with someone who is so passionately tied to one side, unwilling to accept opinions and facts from the other side.

Comment

• How can the team be up to 3 CBs 2 WBs when only one has played at CB and none have played at at WB before. With Freeman banned for the next game an ideal time to try 4-4-2 . It's not as though we have anything to lose with our current away record.

Comment

Working...
                                X