No announcement yet.

On way home | QPR 2 Brentford 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Washington did a good job, Sulla had little impact. Cracking finish but we were the second best team for most of the game, and things only started to look good when Smith came on

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      Football is a team game and unfortunately, we don't look much of a team. If individuals did well, why haven't we got three points tonight?
      As I said, the team performance wasn't there. Freeman was too selfish, Washington and Sylla didn't mesh and Cousins cut off half of our crossing delivery by being cack.

Also, Holloway brings on Wszolek and where does he play him? Foo kin right back? Come on, what a waste of talent. Wszolek made one excellent run getting all the way to the goal line and pulling it back only to find that for some dumb reason Washington is standing in between three players at the front end of the 6 yard box (As if he has the finishing ability to put it away from there at all, let alone under pressure).

Then you have Luongo being the only one who knows how a midfield three should work position wise while Scowen is off chasing a dead end half the time (as good as he is the other half) and Freeman is doing something that will inevitably lead to the ball going back to the Brentford midfield.

Then you have this ridiculous praise for Ryan Woods who was frankly bang average to the point where his first touch of the game was a misplaced pass to Sylla and who spent the whole game looking for ways to hurt our players without the ref noticing. But apparently he's "the best in the league". When he starts making as many tackles as someone like Mass or Scowen and when he starts dribbling as much as Mass or Freeman do or even when he starts passing as consistently well as Scowen does, maybe I'll take that seriously, but the fact is that our midfield trio are better individual footballers than he is, even with their downsides. Woods got all this praise because people want to criticise the club, not because he was any good. The numbers prove he wasn't any good and my eyes at the game proved it enough to me to.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Bang on.

Also, Luongo and Scowen should pay more attention to Ryan Woods....possibly the best CM in the division.
        Haha come on give over Mush Woods was bang average tonight, and he's certainly not the best CM in the division. Better than Luongo and Scowen tonight? Sure. But let's not get carried away lol.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Luongo was shyte. Washington was dross.
          Could not be bothered to read the rest of your post after that.
          Exactly the same as me. Lounge was excellent oh please

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            That's Sky for you. Killing live football.
            The hardcore are still going and like me a lot of them are enjoying seeing us compete in most home games despite a horrible injury list.
            If we were top of the league and playing attractive Football would ground have been packed even with it on sky?

Comment

Not sure it would have Westy. Take away the 3 minutes of madness and we were 2nd best throughout and you cannot compare their style of play to what we serve up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                This is why people on here give you pelters mate. When somebody has the audacity to question your opinion then they clearly weren't paying attention. Well I was paying attention, and aside from Smithies, Robinson and Smith, I didn't see anyone in blue and white do themselves proud tonight!
                You’re talking utter shite.
                There wasn’t one player on that pitch that didn’t give it a go last night, despite their shortcomings. They were just not as organised.
                You’ve said in other threads we were played off the park, that’s b ollox. We had them on the back foot for chunks of the game and if we’d had some quality up front we could have scored two well before the end.
                As has been the case in a lot of games, we lacked a cutting edge up front.
                As for your comments about Freeman having a shocker, really ?
                Not his best game but he still rang rings round some of their players more than once and went looking for the ball at every opportunity.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

We do lack a cutting edge and have since day 1 of the season which should have been addressed. If them 2 goals did not go in would you still have the same way of thinking?? I thought we were awful first half showing very little quality but got better when we went route 1 to Smith. They played the better football and but for their keeper would have taken all 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Luongo was excellent, Washington did well until he got in the box, Mackie was oddly good in the first half at least, Smith changed the game, Smithies was a hero, Robinson was solid in general, Baptiste looked decent, Scowen did fairly well, Bidwell was good... Then you have Cousins who was shocking, Sylla was disappointing, Freeman looked a tad overweight or bloated, and the overall team performance wasn't there, especially in the second half. But those last few minutes were worth that very below par performance, that was a sensational feeling and if football is just an amalgamation of exciting moments, that's gotta be up there for me.

Also couldn't stand that Ryan Woods...
                    I normally like reading your view on how people played, but I could not disagree more.

Luongo was okay; good at times, lightweight at others so did okay. Mackie wasn't good; he wants it to feet and doesn't know where to run when he doesn't have the ball. 4 times in the first half Freeman had it and Mackie didn't move past the last man. Give him options and stretch the play. He'll take a player then Freeman can either pass it or cut into the space created.

Cousins clearly isn't a right back and that showed. Robinson was our best defender, couple of great tackles, flung himself into them and looked composed. Bidwell was okay; looked like the bloke with the badger hair cut was getting the better of him though.

Baptise gets it and punts to a corner; god knows what Sylla and Washington are meant to do with that.

Freeman was my MOTM. So good on the ball, always wanting it, ran his heart out. Love watching him play.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      As I said, the team performance wasn't there. Freeman was too selfish, Washington and Sylla didn't mesh and Cousins cut off half of our crossing delivery by being cack.

Also, Holloway brings on Wszolek and where does he play him? Foo kin right back? Come on, what a waste of talent. Wszolek made one excellent run getting all the way to the goal line and pulling it back only to find that for some dumb reason Washington is standing in between three players at the front end of the 6 yard box (As if he has the finishing ability to put it away from there at all, let alone under pressure).

Then you have Luongo being the only one who knows how a midfield three should work position wise while Scowen is off chasing a dead end half the time (as good as he is the other half) and Freeman is doing something that will inevitably lead to the ball going back to the Brentford midfield.

Then you have this ridiculous praise for Ryan Woods who was frankly bang average to the point where his first touch of the game was a misplaced pass to Sylla and who spent the whole game looking for ways to hurt our players without the ref noticing. But apparently he's "the best in the league". When he starts making as many tackles as someone like Mass or Scowen and when he starts dribbling as much as Mass or Freeman do or even when he starts passing as consistently well as Scowen does, maybe I'll take that seriously, but the fact is that our midfield trio are better individual footballers than he is, even with their downsides. Woods got all this praise because people want to criticise the club, not because he was any good. The numbers prove he wasn't any good and my eyes at the game proved it enough to me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                        There wasn’t one player on that pitch that didn’t give it a go last night, despite their shortcomings. They were just not as organised.
                        You’ve said in other threads we were played off the park, that’s b ollox. We had them on the back foot for chunks of the game and if we’d had some quality up front we could have scored two well before the end.
                        Not his best game but he still rang rings round some of their players more than once and went looking for the ball at every opportunity.
                        You can't deny their effort, that's for sure. Hard work and endeavour. Sadly the plank of the manager puts that effort to waste.

Comment

Clearly ain't gonna agree on this mate.

And if you genuinely think Freeman had a good game then watch it back and see how many corners came off his left foot and straight onto the first mans head.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            We do lack a cutting edge and have since day 1 of the season which should have been addressed. If them 2 goals did not go in would you still have the same way of thinking?? I thought we were awful first half showing very little quality but got better when we went route 1 to Smith. They played the better football and but for their keeper would have taken all 3 points.
                            In a nutshell yes.
                            I’m not saying we were great, anyone could see we huffed and puffed. Just pointing out that the players gave it all they had right up to the end and because of that they deserved something from it.
                            We had some decent spells in the game but yet again were wasteful in front of goal.
                            To say that they didn’t do themselves proud is a fu€king insult and a joke.
                            Mackie is limited, we know that. Does he pick himself though ?
                            He’s asked to do a job and he gives it everything, every game. Same applies to Washington. Yet some on here resort to pathetic name calling and €unt them off, for what ? Turning up and trying ? Should they pull Ollie to one side and say they don’t want to be picked anymore because they’re not well liked ?
                            We have some proper juvenile fans who should go one step further than Ollie suggested.
                            Fu€k off and support a “better” team until we start playing well again, then come back.
                            Fair enough if people have a gripe with the manager but at least give the players some credit for trying and ultimately getting what their perseverance deserved.

And no, my name is not Jamie or Ian.
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Clearly ain't gonna agree on this mate.

And if you genuinely think Freeman had a good game then watch it back and see how many corners came off his left foot and straight onto the first mans head.
                              I didn’t count them, maybe you can enlighten me.
                              Does that make his overall performance shite ?
                              Like I said, wasn’t his best game but he didn’t go missing because of it and still looked a quality player in spells.
                              Hardly what you’d call shocking.
                              Will Danaher

Comment

In a nutshell yes.
                                I’m not saying we were great, anyone could see we huffed and puffed. Just pointing out that the players gave it all they had right up to the end and because of that they deserved something from it.
                                We had some decent spells in the game but yet again were wasteful in front of goal.
                                To say that they didn’t do themselves proud is a fu€king insult and a joke.
                                Mackie is limited, we know that. Does he pick himself though ?
                                He’s asked to do a job and he gives it everything, every game. Same applies to Washington. Yet some on here resort to pathetic name calling and €unt them off, for what ? Turning up and trying ? Should they pull Ollie to one side and say they don’t want to be picked anymore because they’re not well liked ?
                                We have some proper juvenile fans who should go one step further than Ollie suggested.
                                Fu€k off and support a “better” team until we start playing well again, then come back.
                                Fair enough if people have a gripe with the manager but at least give the players some credit for trying and ultimately getting what their perseverance deserved.

And no, my name is not Jamie or Ian.
                                Mate, when do you ever see me calling a player out or name calling? Not very often, if at all. I will however be critical when something isn't good enough, and last night wasn't good enough. Is it the phrase "not done themselves proud" that has irked you?

I'll tell you where I'm coming from. I've got Brentford mates that will be on the blower later on reminding me that we haven't beaten them for nearly 2 year. They'll also probably point out that we are on track to finish below them for the 3rd year running. Yet our wally of a manager is celebrating a last minute equaliser that he never deserved like he's won the farking Champions League. Worse than that he's calling out fans for going early and doubting his capabilities.

This is Brentford, that little club from down the road. It ain't Chelsea. I'm fed up with it, and I'd like to see our players turn it on for a bloody derby match. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X