Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aint frulong deffo out as well.?

Comment

Six players have been ruled out with injury and Jordan Cousins is also a doubt for the match.

Ian Holloway will run the rule over Cousins and assess his fitness, despite the midfielder’s insistence that he is available to play.

Joel Lynch is also out of the game after twisting his ankle in the 2-0 defeat against Derby County in the week and he is expected to be out for a prolonged period.

Darnell Furlong will also miss the West London derby with injury.

Meanwhile, long term absentees Grant Hall, Nedum Onuoha, Steven Caulker and James Perch all remain sidelined and will miss Monday’s game.

However, the one piece of good news is that Australian international Massimo Luongo has been passed fit.

The talented midfielder missed the midweek loss at Derby County but he has since recovered from his illness.

The Verdict

It seems like QPR have a bit of an injury crisis at the back.

Hall, Lynch, Onuoha, Perch, Caulker and Furlong’s injuries mean that QPR are without six defenders for Monday’s game.

This is a figure that would be likely to stretch any team in the division and Holloway will be thoroughly considering his alternative options.

Comment

Holloway said: “I’m going to have a look at it. It’s either (include a youngster or) move a more experienced player into a slightly different role if Jordan Cousins is fit, and he’s saying he is but I’ll have to have a look, or Pavel or maybe Jamie Mackie. I have got a few who can do it.

“But round pegs in round holes don’t half make things easier. I feel like we’ve lost the balance and a little bit of confidence, and how do I underpin that by then putting another forward there (in a defensive role)?”

On a positive note for the R’s, Massimo Luongo has been passed fit after illness and is set to start.

Would our runner Mackie be any good as a wing back ? He has played defensive before .

Comment

Mackie can run up and down in a straight line so maybe he will have found his true position.

Comment

'Round pegs in round holes don't half make it easier'. That is what we have been trying to tell you all season. FB is WB. Wingers are not WB. Wheeler is not a target man. Lynch and Baptiste are not ball playing defenders. Washington is even worse on his own and Mackie was born square.

Comment

Plus Freeman and Luongo on 4 yellow cards. Could be quite a side for Preston

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                'Round pegs in round holes don't half make it easier'. That is what we have been trying to tell you all season. FB is WB. Wingers are not WB. Wheeler is not a target man. Lynch and Baptiste are not ball playing defenders. Washington is even worse on his own and Mackie was born square.
                And this is why you can’t take anything which comes out his mouth seriously. Says one thing does another

Comment

Would much rather have youngsters played in their correct positions than sticking Mackie and Wzolek here there and everywhere.

I think its time he put Wzolek back out on the wing where we know he plays well. I'd also like to see Shodipo/Bright given a chance.

It amazes me sometimes how we play a system without wingers when its probably the position we have most quality/depth in.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    ----------------Smithies---------------

---Baptise----Robinson----Bidwell----

Pawel---Luongo-----Scowen---Freeman

----------------Wheeler-------------------

---------Sylla----------Washington-------

What u all think ?
                    Decent team.

Comment

smithies
                      cousins baptiste robinson bidwell
                      luongo scowen freeman
                      wszolek sylla osayi-samuel

Comment

See Holloway does something's right Stan !

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

#SquarePegsInSquareHoles
                          Think you've got that set up right Stan ! Anything less than four in midfield and Brentford will run us ragged again , but apparently furlong is crocked

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Think you've got that set up right Stan ! Anything less than four in midfield and Brentford will run us ragged again , but apparently furlong is crocked
                            Spot on Dogs. If there was ever a night to stand up and be counted then tonight is the night dare I say it’s made for the chest beaters.

If we lose we lose but there is a way of getting beaten if that is the outcome

Comment

Doesn't matter what we think who he should pick,1st player on the team sheet once again will be Gump,because Holloway loves that he gIves 100%,it makes no difference to him that he is useless .

Comment

------------Smithies--------------

Kakay--Baptiste--Robinson--Bidwell

---------Scowen---Luongo--------

Wheeler--------Freeman------Bright

---------------Sylla----------------

Comment

Working...
                                X