Is ollie on borrowed time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Totally agree and it has become a real obsession to blame it all on managers these days. Players can keep not turning up and completely go under the radar, whether that's being played out of position or lack of motivation. Yes Warnock wouldn't put up with it but most managers need something back and its time the players earnt some of their vast salaries. Nedum has made a career of box standard performances so is that every manager he's played under at fault?
    Farking right there we are if that had happend under Warnock those defenders would have been we and truely in the shlt

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Ok are you saying that we we shouldn't have gone in nil nil at half time we didn't was it down to the manager or his defenders being cought out by their goal keeper punting the out the ball himself looking to get the ball up field to go in nil nil , as I said our defenders have played about a 1000 games , if you was playing over at the scrubs on a Sunday morning you would cover your defence in added time and be looking to kick the ball as far out of play as you can
      What I'm saying is regardless if that one incident our record under Ollie has been rank and as manager that is down to him. I suspect a half decent Championship standard manager would have done better over that period of time.

Comment

He said he was going to name names as well but hasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Did look like he had a ruck with the players in his interview after the game.
          If a manager loses the dressing room he goes, especially after 4 defeats on the trot.
          Monday could be his last game , it wouldnt be a shock.

wouldn't be too soon either.

Comment

So are we saying when JFH and we got turned over by Newcastle all the flack he took was not warranted as it should have been directed at players???

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              So are we saying when JFH and we got turned over by Newcastle all the flack he took was not warranted as it should have been directed at players???
              Can't remember that game Westy ! But had we kept a clean sheet 1st half who knows how it would have planned out instead of being well and truly out played by a far better side

Comment

One thing is for sure over the last five years our players have got away with robbery stuffed their pockets and not given anything back ! It's only been this season that half the side have looked like they want to play for QPR ,, and you don't have to be a Holloway fan to recognise that

Comment

Not sure why other than Pinkie anyone is surprised, Holloway record should have dictated he was no where near another managers situation. Having said that the only consistency with our club seems to be appointing the wrong manager at the wrong time, time and time again!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    What I'm saying is regardless if that one incident our record under Ollie has been rank and as manager that is down to him. I suspect a half decent Championship standard manager would have done better over that period of time.
                    Think he said that out of anger Mac , given time think about it probably realise 's best kept in the dressing room , in some ways I'd like him to name them them walk saying there thats it naming the. Under achieves has probably lost me the dressing room but it had to be said let them live with it

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Think he said that out of anger Mac , given time think about it probably realise 's best kept in the dressing room , in some ways I'd like him to name them them walk saying there thats it naming the. Under achieves has probably lost me the dressing room but it had to be said let them live with it
                      Yeah i agree mate, but i meant that anger could of been due to a row if the op has any truth to it.

Comment

Sacking QPR managers every December is a vicious circle. It's always only a backward step for the club. Our history proves that. Even if Ollie takes us down we'd still be better off making the change in the summer for the long-term health of the club.

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        it has become a real obsession to blame it all on managers these days. Players can keep not turning up and completely go under the radar, whether that's being played out of position or lack of motivation.
                        That's a straw man argument WeAre because players will always be criticised too when they under-perform. It misses the point though because the manager has to take ultimate responsibility for picking players in their best positions, employing the correct tactics, and to motivate his players. In Holloway's case he persistently forces square pegs into round holes and his results persistently suffer as a result. This is down to the manager and the manager alone.

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                        I’m expecting a resounding victory to kick start our season.
                        Or some #PaperingOverTheCracks?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Yeah i agree mate, but i meant that anger could of been due to a row if the op has any truth to it.
                          Oh yeah he did look as though there had been anger in the dressing room after the game and who could blame him his fault or not

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Sacking QPR managers every December is a vicious circle. It's always only a backward step for the club. Our history proves that. Even if Ollie takes us down we'd still be better off making the change in the summer for the long-term health of the club.

That's a straw man argument WeAre because players will always be criticised too when they under-perform. It misses the point though because the manager has to take ultimate responsibility for picking players in their best positions, employing the correct tactics, and to motivate his players. In Holloway's case he persistently forces square pegs into round holes and his results persistently suffer as a result. This is down to the manager and the manager alone.

Or some #PaperingOverTheCracks?
                            Wait till he takes us down and then sack him in the summer! Are you bonkers?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                              Wait till he takes us down and then sack him in the summer!
                              IF he takes us down - and that's very big if - then yes, for the reasons I've given above (and previously). Start lining up a replacement in April though, or whenever it becomes apparent that such an unlikely event will materialise.

Comment

Regarding playing players out of position; How does he manage to do so every single match? To be honest I have never, ever seen or heard of a manager who does it habitually week in week out.Imo, truth is, there are in fact 10 or 20 users on this site who could help him out in finding his best eleven .
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X