Right hand man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Can see the rationale but makes Ollie sound like a child. He is an experienced football manager and should not need a sidekick to tell him how to pick the team, set it up and then make tactical changes as needed during a game.

I appreciate we are stuck with him but if best option we can come up with is to get someone in to tell him how to do his job says it all!
    good post ,OP as to penrice tipping us freeman and scowen i could have told u they were good players years ago

Comment

Who was his assistant when he was manager at Blackpool?
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Who was his assistant when he was manager at Blackpool?
        Bloke called Steve Thompson. Journeyman player who has ended coaching a few clubs at Championship level. Think that may have been his only ever Assistant Manager job.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          Steve McClaren is wasting away in tel aviv.......
          He don't need a brolly out there
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Bircham is more like a left hand man.

Comment

Think this was an interesting thread. Like most on here love Ollie's spirit but his inconsistent and at times incomprehensible tactics and team selections bother more than a few. With that said, we simply don't have the talent to compete for the upper table. We can't score, and every time the other team goes up it seems the squad suffers group deflation. As for the coaches, yes, bring in a tactician to improve Ollie's game time competence. Given all the coaches were have this seems a small price to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                Think this was an interesting thread. Like most on here love Ollie's spirit but his inconsistent and at times incomprehensible tactics and team selections bother more than a few. With that said, we simply don't have the talent to compete for the upper table. We can't score, and every time the other team goes up it seems the squad suffers group deflation. As for the coaches, yes, bring in a tactician to improve Ollie's game time competence. Given all the coaches were have this seems a small price to pay.
                Disagree we are not organised and drilled to compete at top but if we were think we would be competitive with top ten.

Sheff Utd don’t have better players but they do have calm level headed manager who gets them ready and well prepared for games that for me is the difference

Comment

maybe we should look into getting a Doc (director of coaches)
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Sheff Utd don’t have better players but they do have calm level headed manager who gets them ready and well prepared for games that for me is the difference
                    Sheffield United have also played together consistently under the same manager for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X