No announcement yet.

Winter transfer, twitter and rumour thread 17/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never settled whilst at Fulham can’t see it being any better with us plus he’s not that great

Comment

• Martin and Pilkington would be two great additions for our play off push imho.

Comment

• Not a massive fan of Martin. Would rather try and develop what we've got here than pay the sort of money him and derby will want

Comment

• Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
          sky sports say chris martin of derby is available on loan ! prob solved wont cost anything, we must have wages available now after all the departures and he is perfect for the system we play
          But we won't have wages available from all the departures. These people would have been pain up most of their remaining contracts if not all just to get them away from the club and training ground to freshen the place up without people who aren't contributing to the good of the club. Therefore the budget will only say the clubs finances will be clear for their wages when the timeline of their normal monthly wages/contract would have been paid. Yes it doesn't stop the club spending now rather than cleared funds in the summer but this may not go down well with ffp. It will still show as spending whilst having paid big wages for players not contributing. I therefore don't think anything will be done until the summer. The players that have been released won't have been done so for nothing. You wouldn't expect to be released from your work without a payoff or redundancy pay.

Comment

• I think this thread is a 'need to have it ' thread even though nothing will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              yes from me
              ..... if you look at his ratios, they're ok, not outstanding. 250 mpg at this level ( Random comparisons: Leon Clarke 244; Assombalonga 188 ie pretty much scores every other game; Matt Smith a highly creditable 155 mpg).

In other words, Smith is a considerably more reliable net finder. Thats why I am so fvcked off with Ollie not setting up offensive tactics which play to Smith's strength when we pick him. The most effective way of using a player like him is not long ball. You just need the width and you need it deep. Madam. And that means a proper bye line merchant who wont keep cutting in. And that's why wing backs are negative for us.

I think the boy Oteh could cause a lot of problems sniffing around the big man.

Been saying it for a while: we have a perfectly capable mid championship squad. The problem has been getting the right people in the right set up on the park. I think that's what managers are supposed to do.
              Last edited by hal9thou; 17-01-2018, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Absolutely spot on. I said a while back that Holloway seems very single minded in that he has chosen a formation to play and will try any amount of players to make it work. Rather than finding a formation to suit the squad of players we already have. It seems he is either too stubborn or lacks the knowhow to change things for the better. Or maybe even both. You can't keep playing players in positions which will not see them at their best and say that they are not good enough so they no longer get any chances to play. A manager should be able to know how to play several ways.

Comment

• Niko Muir on trail from non league get west London are reporting
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

• From Hendon. 23 goals in 25 games.

Comment

• If there's potential. Buy him and loan him to league 1/2 until end of season.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        From Hendon. 23 goals in 25 games.
                        Great record that, at a lower level sure but Charlie Austin was banging them in for Poole before Swindon signed him.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• i do think we're an attractive option for lower league clubs as we're a stepping stone kinda club now. no harm in taking niko muir on loan either, if hes another troy hewitt/tyler blackwood so what? he could be the next austin or vardy so well worth looking into. goalscoring instints are natural at the end of the day

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            i do think we're an attractive option for lower league clubs as we're a stepping stone kinda club now. no harm in taking niko muir on loan either, if hes another troy hewitt/tyler blackwood so what? he could be the next austin or vardy so well worth looking into. goalscoring instints are natural at the end of the day
                            Traditionally we have always been a stepping stone club for both players and managers, even in our old Premiership days. Bald Eagle, El Tel, Gerry etc on manager side and any number of players. Probably that is our realistic place in the footballing world.

Comment

• Quite revved about the hendon player.
                              We have to be lucky with a player once in our lives aint we. Come on, this is the one.

Comment

• Eze, Eze Eze, Eze Eze, Eberechi Eze

Niko, Niko Niko, Niko Niko, Niko Niko Muir

Comment

Working...
                                X