Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olly View Post
    Another manager could do better with the same players?
    My mum could do better with same players, don't get me wrong i don't think were top 6 material but theres more in that squad than were showing. FFS why don't he go 442 play round pegs in round holes.
    cant see us beating Brentford either for what its worth

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      yes tbh, grayson did great at preston with no money. he cant be judged on his spell at sunderland as they're a lost cause but i'd be happy with grayson here, clement if he gets sacked from swansea would be good too. he at least knows how to coach, supports qpr/has a history with us and has done good at derby and swansea. either that or we just hire dortmunds reserve team manager, its worked for everyone else!
      fluck me we don't know where dortmund is!

Comment

I won't vote because it's a ludicrous poll and thread

Sack the manager and bring in __________ on very little wages with _______ affinity to the club therefore ________ passion for the club.

Pay out £_________ to get Ollie out of his contract and pay out £________ for his back room staff. Also run the risk of Penrice and co leaving.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
          I won't vote because it's a ludicrous poll and thread

Sack the manager and bring in __________ on very little wages with _______ affinity to the club therefore ________ passion for the club.

Pay out £_________ to get Ollie out of his contract and pay out £________ for his back room staff. Also run the risk of Penrice and co leaving.
          Are we so desperate now mate that we need to hold on to managers in fear scouts leave

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Are we so desperate now mate that we need to hold on to managers in fear scouts leave
            That's not the only reason I've stated though is it?

It was seen by many on this board as a massive coup getting in Penrice but now people aren't bothered if he goes with Ollie? I agree it shouldn't be a determining factor.

The determining factors should be results and clear progression in all aspects of the club

Comment

Not Ollie's fault because he didn't appoint himself, but his tactical thinking is incoherent and inconsistent, and this was also evidenced at Millwall. Chest thumping is simply not enough.

At best we will struggle for parity. At worst......

The determining factors should be results and clear progression in all aspects of the club
              Of which there is no evidence on the park. And in the end, that is where it matters. Ollie's stats tell their own story.

Comment

Here's here for another one and half years. Get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Here's here for another one and half years. Get used to it.
                  I got the sense that this may not be the case anymore...... we shall see.

Comment

Vicious circle, January window round the corner.
                    Do we get rid and let another manager come in bring in his own team of backroom staff and a few players? Only for it to go the same way as it has for the past few managers. Or do we grin and bare Ollie steering us clear of the drop (hopefully) and getting shot come June!
                    We just seem to go from one disaster to another, we either break the chain or keep doing the same until hopefully we find the right one.
                    Is there anyone out there that can solve our problems? Maybe, may be not, who knows? The only thing we haven't tried is sticking with what we have and hope it eventually works out. This will alienate most of the fans but it might be what the club needs.
                    Dave Clement was banded about as one we should have got, look at him now, a game or three away from the boot himself.
                    McClaren was heralded as someone we should of kept hold of, where is he now?
                    Hoddle another name, it goes on and on.

Apart from Warnock we just haven't had the right man at the right time. We've had some big names but they didn't set the world on fire (Sparky and Arry). We've had Jimmy and the PE teacher, both touted as young, keen up and coming managers, that didn't work either. We are now going with the hand on heart, passionate hoops through and through and you guessed it that ain't working either. Not quite sure how Birch fits in but he smashes his chest and bleeds hoops.

I suppose I'm a happy clapper but it hurts me as much as everyone else that we are in a mess. I just want to know what we can do that fits with our current financial criteria. Spend spend spend is not happening again, rightly so in my opinion. Youth is my preferred way but that takes time, time we never seem to have.

What do we do and who is the man to do it?
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Balanced team? He doesn't even know his best team.
                      It's amazing that the DOF and the Chairman haven't seen that the winker is past his sell by date and sacked him.
                      On the assumption that the DOF was the guy who employed him he has escaped most of the criticism - lucky Les.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        I got the sense that this may not be the case anymore...... we shall see.
                        I agree. Could well be wrong, but watching his interview after the game, he didn't appear to be someone who was very confident in his future. Looked and sounded very much like a man who has finally realised that he is losing the backing of the fans at an alarming rate. Which should be no surprise based on what we've seen lately. And once you lose the fans and they start blaming the board, then days are usually numbered.

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        What do we do and who is the man to do it?
                        I'd quite like us to completely ignore the usual crap managers that have failed elsewhere for a change and get in a good foreign coach who is intent on playing entertaining football. Loved watching us play under De Canio. Obviously, we had our fair share of losses under him too, but we played with flair, entertained the fans and were never as consistently inept as we appear to be these days. Think it would be good for the players too. Surely they must be frustrated at the way he chops and changes starting line ups, tactics and playing people out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          I agree. Could well be wrong, but watching his interview after the game, he didn't appear to be someone who was very confident in his future. Looked and sounded very much like a man who has finally realised that he is losing the backing of the fans at an alarming rate. Which should be no surprise based on what we've seen lately. And once you lose the fans and they start blaming the board, then days are usually numbered.
                          Damning indictment of the fans if that's the case. Pretty much mid table 7 points clear of drop and 8 points of play offs. No one realistically expects us to be any higher and yet some still want him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
                            Balanced team? He doesn't even know his best team.
                            It's amazing that the DOF and the Chairman haven't seen that the winker is past his sell by date and sacked him.
                            On the assumption that the DOF was the guy who employed him he has escaped most of the criticism - lucky Les.

Ollie reminds me of a sunday morning manager one bloke banged in hat trick following week well played son last week run the line today ! ollie got no idea re line up formation or tactics imo

Comment

Damning indictment of the fans if that's the case. Pretty much mid table 7 points clear of drop and 8 points of play offs. No one realistically expects us to be any higher and yet some still want him gone.
                              Be fair had we not beat wolves and Sheffield utd then we would be in the cart yep they were good wins but our form v bottom teams is garbage and thats what hurts our league position, i don't think we will go down but were going to be closer than we need to be under ollie

Comment

I voted get rid in the summer.

Pointless getting shot of him now if there is no good replacement.

what bungle and co need to do right now is to identify a manager (domestic or foreign) by may.

they need to start work now about drawing up lists of potential candidates and sound them out. then start the interview process by early april. install preferred option by may or june.

in the meantime, they should gut this whole dof garbage and give les a job similar to andy sinton or an honoury director of some sorts.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X