Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    I voted get rid in the summer.

Pointless getting shot of him now if there is no good replacement.

what bungle and co need to do right now is to identify a manager (domestic or foreign) by may.

they need to start work now about drawing up lists of potential candidates and sound them out. then start the interview process by early april. install preferred option by may or june.

in the meantime, they should gut this whole dof garbage and give les a job similar to andy sinton or an honoury director of some sorts.
    What’s the point of sounding out managers now if they’re not going to be interviewed until next April, their circumstances would have probably changed by then.
    Not only that, I can’t see Les arranging interviews next spring while Ollie is still in charge, the press would have a field day with that one and the club would be a laughing stock. It might even be a breach of contract on the clubs part.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

I voted get rid in the summer.
      What if we finish 10th under Holloway? Still get rid?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        What if we finish 10th under Holloway? Still get rid?
        Is that a science fiction short story?

Comment

Will only replace him with more dross so best to keep for the season

Comment

What I don't get is all this "Ollie bleeds for the Hoops".
            He is from Bristol and is I believe a Bristol Rovers fan. During his playing days he was plucked from relative obscurity and was extremely lucky to play in what was a very good team. Basically doing the "running" for Butch Wilkins.
            The job he done in the early 2000s was average to say the least. He took us down and then we should of gone up the year before we did, considering the resources he had available. The year we did get promoted, we only scrapped up on the last day of the season.
            According to him we were the only club for which he would leave Sky. In reality we were the only club that would employ him.
            I have found his manner at times to be condescending and never rated him as a Manager.
            I was shocked when he was re appointed as Manager last year.
            In my opinion Ollie has always needed Rangers more than we have needed him.
            Over the years he has done well out of Rangers and if he really "loved us" would resign now.

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
              What I don't get is all this "Ollie bleeds for the Hoops".
              He is from Bristol and is I believe a Bristol Rovers fan. During his playing days he was plucked from relative obscurity and was extremely lucky to play in what was a very good team. Basically doing the "running" for Butch Wilkins.
              The job he done in the early 2000s was average to say the least. He took us down and then we should of gone up the year before we did, considering the resources he had available. The year we did get promoted, we only scrapped up on the last day of the season.
              According to him we were the only club for which he would leave Sky. In reality we were the only club that would employ him.
              I have found his manner at times to be condescending and never rated him as a Manager.
              I was shocked when he was re appointed as Manager last year.
              In my opinion Ollie has always needed Rangers more than we have needed him.
              Over the years he has done well out of Rangers and if he really "loved us" would resign now.
              Pretty much agree with that save I do believe he has some genuine affection for the club.

Enjoyed most of his first spell with us. We were in free fall when he joined us and doubt anyone could have kept us up. Yes should really have got promoted season earlier. Seem to recall in our promotion season we lost more than we won away as well! However great feeling around the club at that time and partly down to him. Ridiculous appointment second time around though and been near disastrous.

Comment

I wanted him in and ain’t writing him off yet but he’s doing what JFH did and picking different teams every single week so there’s no chance of any continuity

Also playing wheeler up top on his Todd when you’ve got smith and Washington on the bench was baffling

Comment

He was crap before him came
                  He still crap now
                  He don't even talk a good game anymore
                  I'm slowly losing interest these days as just no fun being a fan. Same crap season after season. God help trying to attract the next generation to support.
                  Last edited by Gtleighsr3; 22-11-2017, 09:39 PM.
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Who - realistically - do people think the club could employ? Bear in mind their hands are still tied by FFP. So most of the names I've seen bandied about wouldn't touch it - they'd want too much money and/or bigger budget to spend. Currently we're stuck with Holloway I reckon. An unproven manager is just a risk and all the decent managers are out of reach, given those preconditions.
                    you've failed to mention the biggest precondition...............

Dof Les.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

you've failed to mention the biggest precondition...............

Dof Les.
                      I think it’s unfair to criticise LF as the FFP is clearly the issue right now and what can he do to get someone better in when no funds are available to do so. JFH was to me a genuinely exciting appointment but unfortunately didn’t work out, Olly seems to have been the only appointment possible at the time with FFP looming. As I have alluded to I didn’t want Olly back as we could see this was going to happen but LFs hands are tied at the moment.

Comment

Is "getting rid of" even an option?

I only ask this because:

- what sort of a contract is he on?
                        - what would it cost to pay him off?
                        - would that inflate our loss for the year (or, if we are in a profit, would it turn it into a loss?)
                        - how would that loss arising be treated for FFP purposes?
                        - would we be again in breach?

Comment

FFS

This isn't known as Fantasy Island for nothing is it

We're not going up, we're not going down

Mid table means we'll lose as many as we win - it's #### but get used to it

Absolutely pointless getting rid of the manager and re-setting the process yet again. Maybe shake up the coaching staff, but we need to grow some and crack on, not strop about like ####ing moody teenagers

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            He still crap now
                            I'm slowly looking interest these days as just no fun being a fan. Same cheap season after season. God help trying to attract the next generation to support.
                            I might not have put it in such forceful terms, but I can certainly see where you're coming from, particularly the final, loosing interest point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              Who - realistically - do people think the club could employ? Bear in mind their hands are still tied by FFP. So most of the names I've seen bandied about wouldn't touch it - they'd want too much money and/or bigger budget to spend. Currently we're stuck with Holloway I reckon. An unproven manager is just a risk and all the decent managers are out of reach, given those preconditions.
                              Tony has said that owners would stump up any fine. Yes we won’t spend much but no money is complete guesswork. Realistic candidate....derek McInnes of Aberdeen

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                                He still crap now
                                I'm slowly losing interest these days as just no fun being a fan. Same crap season after season. God help trying to attract the next generation to support.
                                Absolutely spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X