Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Thoughts?
    Out now
    65.75%
    Wait till Summer
    34.25%

The poll is expired.

Wont vote. Not public.

Comment

if he doesn't win the brentford game then surely he has to go. i'd rather he turned it around and had us playing good football like earlier in the season but some things are just unacceptable. 2 runs of losing 6 in a row, potentially losing against brentford on monday would mean we've lost 4 in a row. constantly dropping players, playing people out of position, playing 2 WBs even though its not working and changing tactics 5 times a game is unacceptable especially when you look at how easily and effectively we could play a 442. even the commentators last night seemed lost at what ollie was doing with the amount of weird subs and formation changes, i reckon every player would get confused throughout the game as they're moved all over the pitch. playing with no strikers last night and keeping 3 on the bench is stupid, not playing sylla is stupid, signing midfielder after midfielder is stupid, playing mackie is stupid. lots of stupid things are going on.
      ollie said at the start of the season that hes gunna have us playing the same every game, well that never happens, last night we still had no clue what formation we were playing even after 45 mins!

51 games and 26 losses is relegation statistics, hes lost over half his games in charge. i could handle some of the losses when we played well, no one can fault players if they try their hardest but we've lost or drawn against teams we should have trumped because of ollie doing weird things. we actually have some quality players in the team, the likes of smithies, robinson, scowen, mass, freeman, pavel and sylla should be playing every week and have a team built round them but instead we're treated to mackie running around and players played out of position its beyond a joke

Comment

Posted my views on this on the other thread a few mins ago:

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        73, I said in the close season that the club need to end the cycle of firing managers every December because history shows that actually sets us back even further, with new managers coming in and requiring yet another squad overhaul. So I maintained that, come what may, Ollie needed a full season, even if that produced the worst case scenario of relegation - as only then the penny may drop to the owners that they hired a spent force (not to mention handing him a 2.5 yr contract). For a Championship club of our size, the time to change managers should only ever be in the summer IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Wont vote. Not public.
          Haha. We've been here before on this, but some won't vote if it's public, as they don't want the hassle of being picked out, that's for westminster nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
            Haha. We've been here before on this, but some won't vote if it's public, as they don't want the hassle of being picked out, that's for westminster nerds.
            Can be trolled when not public.
            Ill say ive voted though if that helps.

Comment

if we get rid now whoever comes in will have the same players , at least in the summer new manager will be able to look at squad and get a few in . olly has now tried every combination up front , the injuries are not his fault , ned and hall his 1st choice pairing have been out for forever . he has no money to spend , mid table will be ok for us , any team that wants to get in the top 6 needs a 20 goal a season striker i can't see any of ours getting 10

Comment

Monday night we will find out if the players are with him, I don't think us fans are. If he stays to the summer we'll be in League 1
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Another manager could do better with the same players?

Comment

What if you want him to stay past the summer and take us to the champions league? also no public = no bants

Comment

Have said after Villa that I'd give Holloway 8 games to get 10 points before I'd sit in the Holloway out camp but for this poll, I'll go with out now because I think if we wait until the summer we will be in League 1.

Comment

If he stays relegation is not unlikely. Cannot see how he can turn it around as the players must be thinking the same as the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          What if you want him to stay past the summer and take us to the champions league? also no public = no bants
                          Run a public one as well then, see which gets more

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                            Another manager could do better with the same players?
                            yes tbh, grayson did great at preston with no money. he cant be judged on his spell at sunderland as they're a lost cause but i'd be happy with grayson here, clement if he gets sacked from swansea would be good too. he at least knows how to coach, supports qpr/has a history with us and has done good at derby and swansea. either that or we just hire dortmunds reserve team manager, its worked for everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              yes tbh, grayson did great at preston with no money. he cant be judged on his spell at sunderland as they're a lost cause but i'd be happy with grayson here, clement if he gets sacked from swansea would be good too. he at least knows how to coach, supports qpr/has a history with us and has done good at derby and swansea. either that or we just hire dortmunds reserve team manager, its worked for everyone else!
                              I remember watching Preston absolutely run the show against us last season and thinking Grayson would be a perfect fit for us. Unassuming, simply goes about his business and just builds decent teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X