Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we go for a new manager now, or wait till summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    I voted get rid in the summer.

Pointless getting shot of him now if there is no good replacement.

what bungle and co need to do right now is to identify a manager (domestic or foreign) by may.

they need to start work now about drawing up lists of potential candidates and sound them out. then start the interview process by early april. install preferred option by may or june.

in the meantime, they should gut this whole dof garbage and give les a job similar to andy sinton or an honoury director of some sorts.
    This is spot on in my opinion.

Comment

I didn't vote either as there needs to be an alternative choice in the voting process,something like "if we fall into relegation places in jan/feb"?....as I have said a million times already, I feel it was a really stupid lazy appointment and he is utterly clueless with his team selection, his win record per game is worse than anyone we have had in recent history,Mackie !!!,BUT he hasn't lost the dressing room yet ,players still behind him,and he has a bang average squad with no money to spend ,and I just can't see any decent manager replacing him so for the moment, he should stay

Comment

Got to go. He has had over 12 months and we have improved by one place. Yes there is no money but there was some which was totally wasted on wingers. Bircham and the ex Hartlepool coach can go too.
        Total and utter confusion with everything he does or says.

Comment

fact is i can't see him going , who'd come in with no money . whoever would still need to get these players up , i think olly still does that , it's just his lack of tactics , plan B and not playing players in the right positions

Comment

I voted out now but think in reality it will be in Summer but should have been last summer, after the 2 x 6 games defeats on the spin sagas. Really sad as want him to do well and to be remembered for what he did originally getting us back in the Championship but was the wrong appointment from the start. If FFP wasn’t there he would not have been appointed in the first place in my opinion, think they knew we had issues ahead and a passionate manager was required to oversee the period.

Comment

Want a new manager in next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                I voted get rid in the summer.
                Risky strategy. I'd get someone who knows what they're doing in well pre window. I wouldn't leave buying or selling to the current team.....

Comment

It's a story of the good and the bad. The good is Ollie bleeds for the Hoops. His postgame interview yesterday was spot on; you could tell how bummed he was about the lack of drive and character that saw us all but quit in this game early in the second half. The bad is that he continues to play bad tactical formations and practice-field players who can't hit the side of a barn from 10 yards out. Let's look at the season for what it was billed -- as team building, not playoff contending. Stop playing Mackie and NgBkota, stop starting Smith and Washington, trade Cousins and Bory and Lualua. Start Chairs and Greco-Cox and (when back) Eze and Shodipo. Let's see what we've got for next year instead of reliving the inadequacy of those playing up front for us this year. Why is this such a hard concept?

Comment

Who - realistically - do people think the club could employ? Bear in mind their hands are still tied by FFP. So most of the names I've seen bandied about wouldn't touch it - they'd want too much money and/or bigger budget to spend. Currently we're stuck with Holloway I reckon. An unproven manager is just a risk and all the decent managers are out of reach, given those preconditions.

Comment

We are were exactly what we are now
                      a mid table championship side.
                      We were a promising wealthy premier league club when Tony took us over
                      So yes we have gone backwards badly
                      In the business world this is called FAILURE

Comment

Pullis and Gerry to get us back into the Premier League
                        We need to get back up anyway possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Who - realistically - do people think the club could employ?
                          Simon Grayson

Comment

Some people say a risk to change manager and I completely understand where they are coming from.

However looking at Ollie's record my main worry is risk of keeping him. Almost relegated us from a position of safety last season, no away win since I think February etc.

As to who we would get no idea but London club, second tier of English football, stable. Reasonable squad albeit nothing much to spend. I could see us being quite attractive a proposition.

Comment

Nearly ten months since last away win

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Nearly ten months since last away win
                                2 away wins this calendar year!

Comment

Working...
                                X