X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    HEAR HEAR
    Been trying to say that all season CJ
    Jose and Pep would struggle to perform tactical masterstrokes week in week out like most are expecting!

I'm 100% certain results will pick up when we start getting players back and then this message board will grow fairly quiet once again. Saying that, really not confident about the Brentford game
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Dogs the buck stops with manager, yes Fleming will have part play but if your manager standing sidelines and you see all ten out field players in opposition half when your in time added on before half time do you not shout and instruct them to drop back and hold position??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Dogs the buck stops with manager, yes Fleming will have part play but if your manager standing sidelines and you see all ten out field players in opposition half when your in time added on before half time do you not shout and instruct them to drop back and hold position??
        Whilst i agree that is poor, players need to take some responsibility for that too

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
          Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as we probably have the biggest injury list in any league anywhere?

Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as we have the budget of a League Two team?

Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as JFH spent £3m on Washington and now we have no money for a half decent striker? Would Ollie not have spent that money better?

Results aren't good enough but that's what you'll get for having an injury plagued defence, a rubbish attack force and no money to buy proven quality. We are a work in progress. That has been reiterated by all those at the club many times. Any delusions that you have that we should be anywhere about mid table or winning every week have been made by yourselves.

What else can Ollie do but work with what he's got?
          ollie has done some good things like bringing in scowen and freeman and getting the team to play well sometimes but hes done a lot of stupid things which is what irks me. i get where you're coming from and for the most part have the same views as you, i don't want ollie to get sacked as like anyone i'd much rather he did well, hes a loveable bloke who genuinely cares about qpr but hes far too inconsistent and out of ideas. the whole square pegs in round holes and lack of tactics comes right to mind. we have a good team tbh, one well suited for a 442 but after a year ollie still can't settle on one formation and changes tactics at least 5 times a game. players have no clue whats going on, we're not barcelona so we don't have players who can do everything whilst eating a bacon sandwich so we need to play our players to theor strengths and cover their weaknesses. pavel is an attacking winger with a lot of energy, hes not a wingback neither is cousins, bidwell, manning, furlong, bright, lynch, perch, conor etc but all have played there so far. when sonethings not working you don't keep trying it out in the hopes of a different outcome, thats literally the definition of insanity!

sure, mackie can be effective when used right but he is not a key player nor our main avenue of attack, nor is smith. both players are impact subs at best as they're very limited and hinder our teams style of play. yesterday was a joke of a game yet its not the first time its happened, i'd say at leadst HALF of ollies games have been face palm worthy with who hes picked and how hes set the team up, the players must have no idea whats going on most the time. ollie brought fleming in as our defensive coach yet we still see the same problems as before, if not worse, and thats down to ollie for bringing him in.

i get that we have an injury hit defence and thats not ollies fault but its hardly like nedum and perch were stand out performers for us whilst robinson and baptiste have done a great job filling in for them.

the first thing ollie could do is play a consistent team and formation with a plan b in mind, 442
          smithies
          bidwell robinson baptiste furlong
          freeman luongo scowen pavel
          conor sylla
          its really not hard to work out and even with that line up we still have perch, ned, lynch, shodipo, bright, cousins, manning, mackie, smith, wheeler all capable of filling in at their favoured positions if need be. if the team struggles we have options off the bench who could easily change that but the fact of the matter is ollie has had a roller coaster of a time in charge of the club and only has himself to blame for his lack of consistency and eraticness

Comment

Also just seen this posted

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...oway-call-upon

Which youngsters he can call on. Apparently Giles Phillips is the most likely so we'll see! Hopefully the youth teams have been playing the same formation as us

Comment

Jose and Pep would struggle to perform tactical masterstrokes week in week out like most are expecting!

I'm 100% certain results will pick up when we start getting players back and then this message board will grow fairly quiet once again. Saying that, really not confident about the Brentford game
              Agree with the first statement as we are absolutely bang average bar one or two in midfield.

Don't agree that results will pick up though. We were about similar as we are now with Onuha and Perch playing early on. For me, it's the tactics away from home - just atroscious and, as much as I like Holloway, that is just basics. Any managerial change would sort that out straight away (IMO).

Comment

CJ no one is demanding tactical masterstokes just the basics. If he sets us up right and we lose that’s part and parcel of the game but if you f anny about trying be smart when your thick and get caught out doing so you deserve criticism

Let’s be upfront he’s a long ball manager and he has big lumps in Sylla and smith. Better off lumping it long then wide from drop downs and putting ball in box from wingers for smith etc to attack then this phoney attempt at passing which don’t suit what he has

Comment

Whilst I get what you are saying, it's the consistent inability to get simple decisions correct that winds me up. I honestly feel like we ain't even giving ourselves a chance in half our games. Last night is a prime example, no proper forward, left back playing wing back on one side, a winger playing wing back on the other. I knew when I saw the line up what was going to happen.

I know you are going to counter with "we have 6 players injured etc.". Doesn't hold any weight with me, as Ollie had exactly the right personnel to select a pretty strong 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 last night.
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 22-11-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Let's go with what we've been told: we are a work in progress. If so, then why regress every bloody week with Mackie and Washington and spot starts by Smith? They are not our future -- none of them -- and that also goes for Ng-nothing and Borysiuk and Cousins and LuaLua. Start from the back. Get Lumley ready cause Smithies will soon become trade bait. Play Furlong and Kakay and Hamalainen at times on the back as we hopefully await return of Onouha and Hall and Perch; can Lynch be any better? Play Manning more in the midfield; kid has spunk and drive. Pawel is an enigma with talent; think we need him back at RW. Promote Chairs and Eze (January) and Greco-Cox; start Sylla for heaven's sake. The other three noted above are good guys but not good players; we have seen enough evidence of that which time and coaching won't remedy. In January, and the offseason, look for a striker again -- if Ferdinand is to be kept as DOF then let's see him snag a good one here (like Scowen).

Comment

Whilst i agree that is poor, players need to take some responsibility for that too
                      Agree players to blame. But he’s on side instruct them

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        ollie has done some good things like bringing in scowen and freeman and getting the team to play well sometimes but hes done a lot of stupid things which is what irks me. i get where you're coming from and for the most part have the same views as you, i don't want ollie to get sacked as like anyone i'd much rather he did well, hes a loveable bloke who genuinely cares about qpr but hes far too inconsistent and out of ideas. the whole square pegs in round holes and lack of tactics comes right to mind. we have a good team tbh, one well suited for a 442 but after a year ollie still can't settle on one formation and changes tactics at least 5 times a game. players have no clue whats going on, we're not barcelona so we don't have players who can do everything whilst eating a bacon sandwich so we need to play our players to theor strengths and cover their weaknesses. pavel is an attacking winger with a lot of energy, hes not a wingback neither is cousins, bidwell, manning, furlong, bright, lynch, perch, conor etc but all have played there so far. when sonethings not working you don't keep trying it out in the hopes of a different outcome, thats literally the definition of insanity!

sure, mackie can be effective when used right but he is not a key player nor our main avenue of attack, nor is smith. both players are impact subs at best as they're very limited and hinder our teams style of play. yesterday was a joke of a game yet its not the first time its happened, i'd say at leadst HALF of ollies games have been face palm worthy with who hes picked and how hes set the team up, the players must have no idea whats going on most the time. ollie brought fleming in as our defensive coach yet we still see the same problems as before, if not worse, and thats down to ollie for bringing him in.

i get that we have an injury hit defence and thats not ollies fault but its hardly like nedum and perch were stand out performers for us whilst robinson and baptiste have done a great job filling in for them.

the first thing ollie could do is play a consistent team and formation with a plan b in mind, 442
                        smithies
                        bidwell robinson baptiste furlong
                        freeman luongo scowen pavel
                        conor sylla
                        its really not hard to work out and even with that line up we still have perch, ned, lynch, shodipo, bright, cousins, manning, mackie, smith, wheeler all capable of filling in at their favoured positions if need be. if the team struggles we have options off the bench who could easily change that but the fact of the matter is ollie has had a roller coaster of a time in charge of the club and only has himself to blame for his lack of consistency and eraticness
                        Well the formation has been working, like when we beat top of the league twice in a matter of days...

Other players have been played in the wing back role out of necessity but yes you're right on those occasions he should be adapting the formation

Yep Ollie brought him can't disagree with that

I think Nedum and Perch were playing very well for us until they got injured. I know Nedum cost us a few goals with mistakes but he's saved us more times than he's sunk us.

Comment

Agree CJ Personally thinks Neds absence has been significant no pace at back without him which makes playing such a high line even more bizarre as we have no way of recovering when sides get behind us

Comment

Agree CJ Personally thinks Neds absence has been significant no pace at back without him which makes playing such a high line even more bizarre as we have no way of recovering when sides get behind us
                            Yep 100% i think Ned would have noticed the danger of Adomah for Villa and the same at Forest. Or at least would have had the pace to get to them in time

Comment

B
                              Couldn't agree more Westy but surely the players have brains of their own after all how many games has lynch and Baptise and Bidwell played between them ? When you get to the times you've mentioned stay back and row Z is good enough
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 22-11-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Players don't pick Mackie. Nor play wingers as wingbacks or strikers not as, er, wingers.

Comment

Working...
                                X