Character v Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Hope yer right but I don't see any evidence that suggests this.
    Yeah, "definitely" may actually be a stretch reading that back.

I think he's a reasonable player at this level however. Definitely not worth what we paid for him, but if he could just add a few more goals to his game, he's worth a place in the squad in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      I don't think we are going to struggle to stay up buddy but I tell where I do have have a problem about players being played out of position is Washington I can't see him as a striker imo if he's here next season Holloway needs to give him a run as central midfielder has energy to burn and a drop back a bit deeper could be a turning point in his game should have the vision to know what forwards want
      Dog, commas and full stops please, I know you understand what you're saying, but it's too much hard graft for everyone else to work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
        Dog, commas and full stops please, I know you understand what you're saying, but it's too much hard graft for everyone else to work it out.
        I'll try harder next time and my homework

Comment

We've got some decent individual players but we play a sytem that they don't fit.

Simple.

Comment

Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as we probably have the biggest injury list in any league anywhere?

Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as we have the budget of a League Two team?

Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as JFH spent £3m on Washington and now we have no money for a half decent striker? Would Ollie not have spent that money better?

Results aren't good enough but that's what you'll get for having an injury plagued defence, a rubbish attack force and no money to buy proven quality. We are a work in progress. That has been reiterated by all those at the club many times. Any delusions that you have that we should be anywhere about mid table or winning every week have been made by yourselves.

What else can Ollie do but work with what he's got?
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Play them in their correct positions and in a suitable set-up, imo.^^.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                Play them in their correct positions and in a suitable set-up, imo.^^.
                For about the 500th time now, who is he playing in their incorrect positions?

Cousins at RWB due to injuries
                Hall at CDM where he has played very well - arguably better there than he had been at CB towards the end of last season
                Manning at LWB occasionally

Set-up is determined by the players he has available

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as we probably have the biggest injury list in any league anywhere?

Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as we have the budget of a League Two team?

Do you not think this Ollie bashing is a bit harsh seen as JFH spent £3m on Washington and now we have no money for a half decent striker? Would Ollie not have spent that money better?

Results aren't good enough but that's what you'll get for having an injury plagued defence, a rubbish attack force and no money to buy proven quality. We are a work in progress. That has been reiterated by all those at the club many times. Any delusions that you have that we should be anywhere about mid table or winning every week have been made by yourselves.

Hard to believe that this work in progress can manage to beat top teams like Wolves and Sheff. Utd one week and then ...

Comment

Play players in right positions, invest some time actually coaching them, given injury crisis perhaps blood a kid instead of same old square pegs in round holes. Just the basics would do not expecting miracles

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Play players in right positions, invest some time actually coaching them, given injury crisis perhaps blood a kid instead of same old square pegs in round holes. Just the basics would do not expecting miracles
                      Two or three in wrong positions where other than cousins and Yeni they don't play badly there at all

So you're going to go ahead and assume he spends no time coaching players?

What CB kids do we have?

Comment

Two or three in wrong positions where other than cousins and Yeni they don't play badly there at all

So you're going to go ahead and assume he spends no time coaching players?

What CB kids do we have?
                        Every player in opposition half last night when they broke suggests coaching or tactics not his strong point

We got Furlong he should have been change for mass Saturday. We have spurs kid doing well U23 blood him or put him on bench.

Why keep playing WB when we don’t have any but we’re tripping over wingers??? Play to your strengths like I said basics
                        Last edited by West Acton; 22-11-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Choosing mass after round world trip 24hrs before!!!!!! Basics mate

Comment

Why keep playing WB when we don’t have any but we’re tripping on wingers???
                            This is the biggest annoyance for me.

We have 2 big central strikers and about 50 out and out wingers.

Stop this 3-5-2 nonsense and go back to proper formations that the players we have fit into that is based on a proper flat back four.

Comment

Every player in opposition half last night when they broke suggests coaching or tactics not his strong point

We got Furlong he should have been change for mass Saturday. We have spurs kid doing well U23 blood him or put him on bench.

Why keep playing WB when we don’t have any but we’re tripping on wingers??? Play to your strengths like I said basics
                              Like I've said a few times, I actually think it's Curtis Fleming the defensive coach who is p*ss poor. We got him from Hartlepool the game after they lost 5-0 or something like that. I think that's where our problems lie with the defence (and injuries)

Agree with Furlong, should have been there before Cousins got a look in. Spurs kid? is he a CB?

Yep if you're playing wing backs those players need to be absolutely rapid and okay at attacking and defending. Currently ours are slow as sh*t and fairly poor at both aspects (apart from Bidwell defending occasionally)

No clue why we bought wingers. Totally confused

Comment

HEAR HEAR
                                Been trying to say that all season CJ

Comment

Working...
                                X