Derby 2 QPR 0 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Your point is changing managers mid-season rarely if ever works. I'm simply harking back to that febrile atmosphere on here when he was hired, and anyone who dared point out he might not be the right man for the job was rounded on.
    I'm sorry but I still don't get your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      I'm sorry but I still don't get your point.
      It's about hindsight Stan. I'm sorry - I am being pedantic, but I hold you to the highest of standards as one of the message board's sanest voices! You said:

"So I maintained that, come what may, Ollie needed a full season, even if that produced the worst case scenario of relegation - as only then the penny may drop to the owners that they hired a spent force (not to mention handing him a 2.5 yr contract)."

I'm saying you didn't say he was a spent force at the time. I'm pointing out you have revised your opinion.

Comment

• He wont take us down, im really certain of that cos he tried with everything he had last season and couldnt manage it.
        This 'titanic' relegation battle will never happen imo.
        Still only 8 points off the play offs. Thats how shite this division is.

Comment

• injuries aside , all managers get them . ollie hasn't a clue what his best team is . he just chops and changes . the should by now be able to see the capability of his players .

Comment

• Kevin. With him in charge there is every chance we will go down 9 months without an away win tells you that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              It's about hindsight Stan. I'm sorry - I am being pedantic, but I hold you to the highest of standards as one of the message board's sanest voices! You said:

"So I maintained that, come what may, Ollie needed a full season, even if that produced the worst case scenario of relegation - as only then the penny may drop to the owners that they hired a spent force (not to mention handing him a 2.5 yr contract)."

I'm saying you didn't say he was a spent force at the time. I'm pointing out you have revised your opinion.
              As I say Hubs, I think you misunderstood me, or maybe I didn't make my post clear enough. So that is not ME saying they hired a spent force, but the natural conclusion the board would come to if, in the worst case scenario, Ollie were to take us down.

Do I think he was a spent force at the time he joined? Honestly I had no idea, but I did get behind him because I really wanted him to succeed. And I maintain now, as I did then, that he should at least be given a full season because sacking yet another manager in December would set us back even further.

So I definitely haven't revised my opinion mate, but thanks for the kind comments, it's most appreciated :-)

Comment

• Nobody wants instability but that's exactly what we have right now on the pitch: the business end. Personally, I think the situation needs to be addressed ASAP - Absolutely no confidence in Mr Holloway and I believe we'll be in a rele dogfight if he stays which without being able to pick up points away, we'll probably lose. If we go down as a result of changing managers in mid season then so be it: at least it can be said that an attempt was made to address the situation. I really don't believe we have anything to lose at present by doing so.

Comment

• 100% accurate Acton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Can't think of many teams that stay in a division without winning an away game and our home form is about to slip. Doubt we'll get anything more than 1 point against Brentford, Leeds and Bristol City.

We are tippy-tapping it about a bit more than under JFH but we still have fck all end product and a defence that every striker in the country looks forward to playing against.

Few weeks time and we'll be in a double figure league position that starts with a 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      He wont take us down, im really certain of that cos he tried with everything he had last season and couldnt manage it.
                      Still only 8 points off the play offs. Thats how shite this division is.
                      Kev on tube to work this morning I was one seat away from a 10/10 stunner don’t mean I’m going to put my d ick in her.

Performances, player selection and bizarre tactics is the primary concern and the lack of confidence that it’s going to improve or change going forwards under Ollie

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        As I say Hubs, I think you misunderstood me, or maybe I didn't make my post clear enough. So that is not ME saying they hired a spent force, but the natural conclusion the board would come to if, in the worst case scenario, Ollie were to take us down.

Do I think he was a spent force at the time he joined? Honestly I had no idea, but I did get behind him because I really wanted him to succeed. And I maintain now, as I did then, that he should at least be given a full season because sacking yet another manager in December would set us back even further.

So I definitely haven't revised my opinion mate, but thanks for the kind comments, it's most appreciated :-)
                        Ahhh, now I get you! Fair enough mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Kev on tube to work this morning I was one seat away from a 10/10 stunner don’t mean I’m going to put my d ick in her.
                          Sounds like an X-rated Ollie-ism Westy. Must be contagious

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Ahhh, now I get you! Fair enough mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Performances, player selection and bizarre tactics is the primary concern and the lack of confidence that it’s going to improve or change going forwards under Ollie
                            We have a vote and it was overwhelmingly lower mid table mediocrity. We are in placed lower mid table so now its we are going be relegated.
                            Most clubs panic when your close to or at the bottom.

Comment

• His team selections look like a man who is panicking.

Comment

• If only Olli had picked a capable nr. 2.
                                Last edited by Shania; 22-11-2017, 02:04 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X